Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.72 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill[_17_]
Forum: Dell Computers October 3rd 11, 10:38 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Accuweather Gadget That Shipped w/ XPS 8300

"Monica" wrote in message
I love the clean look of this weather widget that shipped with my XPS
8300. Would like to use it on my...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 24th 11, 11:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Temperature GT240

"deimos" deimos@localhost wrote in message
On 1/22/2011 9:35 AM, Bill wrote:
Just changed out old card for the PNY 240 and all seems well. Not into
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 22nd 11, 03:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Temperature GT240

Just changed out old card for the PNY 240 and all seems well. Not into heavy
gaming except for FSX

According to nvidia inspector the card is idling at 53-57C , fan 35%.

Cant seem to come up with a...
Forum: Dell Computers November 14th 10, 05:14 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill[_17_]
OT-- need advice on TV Purchase

"MZB" wrote in message
OK, we are thinking of getting a new HDTV.
We have never had an HDTV, so some questions:

Is it true...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 31st 10, 09:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill[_17_]
9800 gt

"Tazz" wrote in message
On 30/08/2010 3:15 AM, Bill wrote:
Thanks for the info will check link
Bill
"Robert Miles"...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 31st 10, 09:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill[_17_]
9800 gt

"deimos" deimos@localhost wrote in message
On 8/29/2010 5:34 AM, Bill wrote:
Ok gurus need a little help
OEM8800GTS dying and would prefer a single...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 16th 10, 05:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Dell with GTS240

"Victor" wrote in message
On Jun 6, 10:03 am, "Bill" wrote:
Dell XPS9000 has...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 8th 10, 06:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Dell with GTS240

"deimos" deimos@localhost wrote in message
On 6/7/2010 12:42 AM, Bill wrote:
I will call again maybe get a better tech person, but I am interested in...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 7th 10, 06:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Dell with GTS240

I will call again maybe get a better tech person, but I am interested in 2
x DVI not so much HDMI

Thanks
Bill

"First of One" wrote in message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 6th 10, 03:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Dell with GTS240

Dell XPS9000 has GTS240 option available and I cant seem to get a positive
answer if the card has two DVI ports. The picture at Dells site seems to
show tow DVI ports but when I spoke to their...
Forum: Dell Computers December 16th 09, 05:10 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Dell XPS 9000, imac or build my own?

"Peter" wrote in message
I am really in a quandary these days and would not mind some
suggestions. I have been...
Forum: Gateway Computers November 3rd 09, 10:52 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Gateway P-400, Ubuntu?

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Bill wrote:
"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Forum: Gateway Computers November 2nd 09, 10:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Gateway P-400, Ubuntu?

"BillW50" wrote in message
In ,
Bill typed on Mon, 2 Nov 2009 16:11:26...
Forum: Gateway Computers November 2nd 09, 09:17 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Gateway P-400, Ubuntu?

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Wettlesheim wrote:
I have an 1998 Gateway PII-400 that has been upgraded with a Powerleap...
Forum: Gateway Computers November 2nd 09, 09:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Gateway P-400, Ubuntu?

"Wettlesheim" wrote in message
I have an 1998 Gateway PII-400 that has been upgraded with a Powerleap 1.4
overdrive kit, maximum...
Forum: Dell Computers November 1st 09, 04:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill[_17_]
anti virus for win 7 64 bit

"pacca" wrote in message
I have a dell 420 ,I need a anti virus program for win 7 64 bit, I was
using Kaspersky on vista 64...
Forum: Dell Computers November 1st 09, 03:20 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Win7 upgrade disk...can it do a "clean install"

I read an article from a senior MS employee wherein he said MS does not
object to using the upgrade to do a clean install in a dual boot set up as
long as the qualifying OS and the upgrade are on...
Forum: Dell Computers October 30th 09, 08:12 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Win7 upgrade disk...can it do a "clean install"

I did a clean install with my upgrade version but on a second blank hard
drive. So now I dual boot with Vista 32 and Win 7 64 bit

You can do a clean install on your C drive but it will erase...
Forum: Gateway Computers October 29th 09, 05:17 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Gateway FX530

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Bill wrote:
Any drivers or update for the 9 in 1 media reader to work with Windows 7
64...
Forum: Gateway Computers October 29th 09, 03:08 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Gateway FX530

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Bill wrote:
Any drivers or update for the 9 in 1 media reader to work with Windows 7
64...
Forum: Gateway Computers October 29th 09, 02:08 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Gateway FX530

"Bill" wrote in message
Any drivers or update for the 9 in 1 media reader to work with Windows 7
64 bit? So far...
Forum: Dell Computers October 29th 09, 10:36 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Buying Studio XPS 9000

"Larry Hermann" wrote in message
Now that windows 7 has arrived together with the Core i7 CPU and my
current computer is...
Forum: Gateway Computers October 29th 09, 09:27 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Gateway FX530

Any drivers or update for the 9 in 1 media reader to work with Windows 7 64
bit? So far Gateway hasn't been able to provide a solution.

Thanks

Bill
Forum: Dell Computers October 24th 09, 07:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill[_17_]
Any Suggested Computer Manufacturer??

Just ordered the XPS8000 for my son. He had a gateway for one year, sort of
died and so happens Gateway sold the support on his model to some other
company who doesn't support it either.

So all in...
Forum: Dell Computers October 6th 09, 08:36 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill[_17_]
ordering a Dell

I think it means "One Shipped"

Bill

"Eric Shune" wrote in message
what does 1 S mean after each item in the list of parts...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29