Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 2.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Whitworth[_2_]
Forum: Overclocking October 17th 08, 11:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 13
Is this a myth re Windows disable after overclocking?

"Beemer" wrote in message
A friend has said that when installing XP prof and SP3 I should not have
activated Windows until after I...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors August 1st 08, 11:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 2
PC Chips M848A Vcore settings

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 02:43:54 -0400, Fievel J Mousekewitz wrote:

XP 2000+ CPU
Yeah I...
Forum: Overclocking July 22nd 08, 12:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 1
E8400 vs E8500 for overclocking

"007" wrote in message
E8400 multiplier = 9x USD179.99 @ newegg (7/21/08)
E8500 multiplier = 9.5x USD199.99 @ newegg...
Forum: Overclocking July 20th 08, 01:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 18
Feels Like A Stupid Question

"Fievel J Mousekewitz" wrote in message
Sounds good to me..
I just have to wait till I have the money to do it.
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors July 4th 08, 01:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 5
OT? or OT.

"Fievel J Mousekewitz" wrote in message

You don't give a ****e, but yet you still posted a reply?
Question,...
Forum: Overclocking June 1st 08, 12:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 6
Spare parts and negative overclocking! ;-)

#4. Check performance and repeat until performance...
Forum: Overclocking May 30th 08, 08:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 6
Spare parts and negative overclocking! ;-)

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message

Keep us posted on your progress.

Phil Weldon

Thanks Phil - a great response....
Forum: Overclocking May 29th 08, 11:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 6
Spare parts and negative overclocking! ;-)

"John Whitworth" wrote in message

Also, one final question...will the really old PCI graphics card have a
Forum: Overclocking May 29th 08, 10:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 6
Spare parts and negative overclocking! ;-)

OK...negative overclocking potentially, just to keep this on topic!

If you've read some of my other posts, you'll know that during the course of
this year, I've replaced just about every part of my...
Forum: Overclocking May 28th 08, 03:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 11
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Mounting

"Ed Medlin" wrote in message

With the P18x case that should be fine. You have a 10deg drop in temps
which is pretty...
Forum: Overclocking May 28th 08, 08:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 11
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Mounting

Is there any 'correct' orientation for mounting such a heatsink. No, I don't
care if it's straight, gay, or bi, just if there's a preferred way for it to
face. :)

I have mounted mine in a similar...
Forum: Overclocking May 18th 08, 08:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Cooler Reviews

"General Schvantzkopf" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 May 2008 19:31:30 +0100, John Whitworth wrote:

Can anyone...
Forum: Overclocking May 17th 08, 10:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 13
Thermal Compound Spreading

"Al Brumski" ? wrote in message
I dilute Artic Silver 5 1:2 in tetrahydrofuran (acetone will also
work), and then apply it...
Forum: Overclocking May 17th 08, 10:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 13
Thermal Compound Spreading

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message

My view is that the smoother, flatter, and more parallel the two
interfacing...
Forum: Overclocking May 17th 08, 10:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Cooler Reviews

"Ed Light" wrote in message
This is from a quietness first perspective:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/section11.html

Note...
Forum: Overclocking May 17th 08, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Cooler Reviews

Can anyone point me to a decent site which contains up-to-date reviews of
coolers etc?

Thx

JW
Forum: Overclocking May 17th 08, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 13
Thermal Compound Spreading

Just found the following article. What's everyone's views?

http://www.overclockers.com/articles1529/

To date, I have been a religious credit card spreader!

JW
Forum: Overclocking May 14th 08, 07:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 3
processor wont go in

"Mirey86" wrote in message

i have a q6700 im trying to put into a 680i board (striker extreme)

is something...
Forum: Overclocking May 13th 08, 03:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 1
Q9450 delays

"John Whitworth" wrote in message
Does anyone have any idea when the Q9450s are likely to hit the UK in
Forum: Overclocking May 8th 08, 11:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 1
Q9450 delays

Does anyone have any idea when the Q9450s are likely to hit the UK in
anything like decent quantities, so that end consumers can get them?

I've trawled the web so many times, but never really find...
Forum: Overclocking May 4th 08, 07:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 7
RMA-ing Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6

"John Whitworth" wrote in message

OK, thanks...I'll try upping it by about 2/10ths. Haven't tried taking 2...
Forum: Overclocking May 4th 08, 11:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 7
Accurate CPU temp monitor?

I don't think any one of them can be considered truly accurate. I used to
get ridiculously low temps using CoreTemp on my E6600 @3GHz, of about 18 deg
C on each core. That was on MSI 975X board,...
Forum: Overclocking May 4th 08, 10:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 7
RMA-ing Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6

"Fishface" ? wrote in message
John Whitworth wrote:

What sort of amount should I raise MCH by?

Maybe try a couple tenths or so?

Forum: Overclocking May 4th 08, 12:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 7
RMA-ing Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6

"Fishface" ? wrote in message
John Whitworth wrote:

Had enough...this board is going back. After lots of grief, I've
determined
Forum: Overclocking May 4th 08, 12:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 7
RMA-ing Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6