Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cyborg-HAF
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 4th 14, 08:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
Will Gigabyte Radian HD7850 card support two monitors?

I now have a second Samsung monitor that I have for dead old
computer for now, but would like to use as a second monitor on newer
build that works normally with a single DVI-D cable for my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 22nd 14, 07:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
Is deleting both partitions on SSD only way to fix boot issues?

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 16:39:50 -0400, Paul wrote:

Cyborg-HAF wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 11:58:13 -0400, Paul wrote:

Cyborg-HAF wrote:
I tried...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 20th 14, 06:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
Is deleting both partitions on SSD only way to fix boot issues?

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 11:58:13 -0400, Paul wrote:

Cyborg-HAF wrote:
I tried removing the only bootable Windows 7 Home Premium
64-bit on a mechanical hard-drive from the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 20th 14, 07:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
Is deleting both partitions on SSD only way to fix boot issues?

I tried removing the only bootable Windows 7 Home Premium
64-bit on a mechanical hard-drive from the sytem. A attempt to boot
off the SSD Boot Manager still would not boot and would dump me...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 18th 14, 06:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
New SSD boot issues again with new install

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 12:06:25 -0400, Yousuf Khan
wrote:

On 18/06/2014 4:05 AM, Cyborg-HAF wrote:
The boot partition is no longer bootable, and attempts to boot
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 18th 14, 09:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
New SSD boot issues again with new install

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 13:40:41 -0700, "John Doe"
wrote:

"Cyborg-HAF" wrote in message
I now...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 12th 14, 05:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
New SSD boot issues again with new install

I now got my new Windows 7 Professional and did a fresh
install after deleting the partition on the SSD so Windows could
install on it during Install. I only had my Samsung 840 Pro plugged
in and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 5th 14, 06:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
SSD travails

On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 14:29:27 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 01:36:39 -0400, Cyborg-HAF
wrote:

The SSD does not have a Reserved...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 4th 14, 06:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
SSD travails

On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 22:23:50 -0400, Paul wrote:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/104341-bootmgr-missing-fix.html

The SSD does not have a Reserved System partition along...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 2nd 14, 07:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
SSD travails

I recently finally got an SSD to add to my homebuilt PC
running Windows 7 Home Premuim 64-Bit. I unplugged all drives but my
opticicles and the Samsung 840 Pro SSD and installed Windows with a
clean...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 5th 14, 08:31 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
What ASUS Sabertooth X79 SATA-6 ports best for SSD drive

Aditionally, I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit on my
home-built system. I will be doing fresh install of Windows and my
programs on the SSD to use as the boot drive. My existing...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 5th 14, 08:12 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
What ASUS Sabertooth X79 SATA-6 ports best for SSD drive

I will finally be getting an SSD to use as my Boot and
Programs drive. I have an Asus Sabertooth X79 mainboard which has a
pair of native SATA6 ports at the upper set of ports and an...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 23rd 14, 07:21 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
Two SATA disk burners, only one shows up in two programs

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 11:43:25 -0800, Ghostrider " 00 wrote:

On 1/20/2014 11:23 AM, Cyborg-HAF wrote:
My homebuilt PC has tow Sata internal burners: a Lite-On
iHAS524 DVD/RW drive and a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 20th 14, 07:23 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
Two SATA disk burners, only one shows up in two programs

My homebuilt PC has tow Sata internal burners: a Lite-On
iHAS524 DVD/RW drive and a Plextor PX-LB950 BD drive. I'm running
Windows 7 64-bit and using a Asus Sabertooth X-79 motherboard. In...
Forum: Cdr January 18th 14, 11:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 2
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
Two Optical Drives in Homebuilt, one doesn't appear in two programs

My Homebuilt system with a Lite-On iHAS-524 SATA DVD/RW
internal and a Plextor PX-LB-950 BD Drive. Neither my Exact Audio
Copy or my old Music Burning Program that both work will open in my
64-bit...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 15th 13, 04:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
How to set boot order in Sabertooth X79

I have a Asus Sabertooth X79 motherboard in my current
homebuilt system, and have two Western Digital 2TB Black harddrives
with one used to boot my Windows 7 64-bit. When I do a cold boot the
bios...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 28th 12, 09:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
Asus Sabertooth-X79 Ram issue

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 08:35:55 -0400, Paul wrote:

Cyborg-HAF wrote:
I have built a new system using the Asus Sabertooth X79
motherboard and got a 16Gig of Corsair Dominator...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 27th 12, 06:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
Asus Sabertooth-X79 Ram issue

I have built a new system using the Asus Sabertooth X79
motherboard and got a 16Gig of Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 2133 ram to
use in the sytem. When got the system ready to power up and explored
my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 23rd 10, 04:45 PM Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 231
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
Seriously, has anybody ever seen a serious virus problem in Windows when using AV protection?

My brothers home PC was hit by a hacked button on website that he visited
daily for a year or more. His WindowsXP SP3 was attacked by Ransomware that
put a big blurb on the his desktop about...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 22nd 08, 01:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Cyborg-HAF
Vista32 and 3 gig RAM

"Dan C." wrote in message
Can I use Vista 32 bit with 4 gigs RAM? Thought I remember something
about this.
I know...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20