Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: A. J. Moss
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors October 15th 08, 05:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 0
Posted By A. J. Moss
Athlon XP3000+ overclock advice?

I have an Abit NF7-S2 (socket A) motherboard, whose BIOS supports
FSB tweaking in 1MHz increments, but doesn't provide a way to
change the CPU multiplier.

I would quite like to take a second-hand...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 26th 08, 04:11 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By A. J. Moss
Samsung 1TB drives?

PS. Sorry about the lack of paragraph spaces. A cut+paste
from notepad to snot-groups seems to have gone awry.
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 25th 08, 11:58 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By A. J. Moss
Samsung 1TB drives?

Is there any reason for me to be suspicious
or worried about using the Samsung HD103UJ?

I've seen no hard evidence against them, but
they are the only drives on the market with
more than...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 22nd 08, 07:04 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By A. J. Moss
WD5000AAKB hard drives. Why so cheap?

On 22 Feb, 01:28, bornfree wrote:
On 21 Feb, 22:03, "A. J. Moss" wrote:
Have any reliability issues been reported for these drives recently?

No, but you should...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 21st 08, 11:03 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By A. J. Moss
WD5000AAKB hard drives. Why so cheap?

I've been looking at a number of UK online retailers, and their prices
for Western Digital WD5000AAKB (500GB, 16MB cache, PATA) hard disks
all seem to be about 10% less than those for other 500GB...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 8th 07, 06:40 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By A. J. Moss
Optimising speed of RAID-0 (mixed SATA/PATA)

On 29 Jul, 15:06, "A. J. Moss" wrote:
I have an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard, and I want to create
3TB of, let's call it temporary space, on a single NTFS partition.

Thanks for the advice,...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 29th 07, 03:06 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By A. J. Moss
Optimising speed of RAID-0 (mixed SATA/PATA)

I have an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard, and I want to create
3TB of, let's call it temporary space, on a single NTFS partition.
(By temporary, I mean the contents are replaceable from the...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7