Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.43 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: H. Seldon
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 8th 06, 03:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By H. Seldon
how do you get into the bios of an old presario 5340?

`AMD tower wrote:
I've been unable to get into the bios of this computer.
AMD k6-2, 400 mhz, 4 gig hard drive.
A compaq splash screen comes on when it boots,
and the best I can do is get it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 8th 06, 02:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By H. Seldon
Nightmare booting problems

pleb wrote:
This is driving me mad ... a quick description:

2 hard drives - one with Vista one with XP dual booting quite nicely

Just installed the latest Vista build which has...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 8th 06, 12:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By H. Seldon
network cables

Nospam wrote:
What is the difference between a network cable cat 5 and a cat 5-E?

Would it make any difference to my home network?

thanks

http://www.lanshack.com/make-cat5E.aspx
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 4th 06, 02:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By H. Seldon
PC will not boot

OLDBIKER wrote:
I starting scrubbing the HD on a Presario 6000 and aborted. When I
booted of the CD again I got a C: data error. Now I can not boot off
the CD or floppy. I can not get to the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 3rd 06, 02:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Posted By H. Seldon
Mwave search always fails

John Doe wrote:
"H. Seldon" hseldon0 lycos.com wrote:

Man, the only thing I can tell you is that you are experiencing an SQL
Server Error. Hunting it down is a different ball of wax. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 3rd 06, 12:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Posted By H. Seldon
Mwave search always fails

John Doe wrote:
I just decided to browse Mwave.com again. About six months ago, the
search function persistently gave an error.

... Go to a category like mainboards.

... Use the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 2nd 06, 01:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By H. Seldon
win xp bootdisk

Peter wrote:
Hi, I tried to make a boot disk cd for winxp sp2 with Nero express 6. I dont
have a floppy disk anyway when the disk boots to dr-dos A: and I cant get to
anything on the cd. So I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 28th 06, 09:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By H. Seldon
Advice on display needed

Larc wrote:
On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:52:22 +0100, Johanna wrote:

| The first hit was this:
| http://www.blockemf.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4842
| It...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 28th 06, 08:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By H. Seldon
How do I create a boot CD from a 2 floppy set?

H. Seldon wrote:
jtpryan wrote:
I have a 2 floppy Ghost boot set. They boot the system, load drives
for my USB HDD and then run Ghost. I want to convert them to a CD that
does the same...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 28th 06, 07:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By H. Seldon
How do I create a boot CD from a 2 floppy set?

H. Seldon wrote:

Try this, I've used it with great success.

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Sorry, the utility is Bart PE and it's freeware. At least it used to be.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 28th 06, 07:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

jtpryan wrote:
I have a 2 floppy Ghost boot set. They boot the system, load drives
for my USB HDD and then run Ghost. I want to convert them to a CD that
does the same thing . Can I just put...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 26th 06, 12:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By H. Seldon
Johanna (ADSL)

Smokey wrote:
Hi!
The cord from my ADSL socket to my PC is at least 5 metres longer than
it needs to be.
It was installed like that in case I wanted to move the PC later on..

I am...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 9th 06, 01:11 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 123
Posted By H. Seldon
Correct angle for keyboard

Rod Speed wrote:

snipped, your virtual response is a total waste of virtual ink

Your lips are always flapping while, most certainly, your brain is not
in gear.
Give us the proof, the resulting...
Forum: General August 9th 06, 01:11 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 125
Posted By H. Seldon
Correct angle for keyboard

Rod Speed wrote:

snipped, your virtual response is a total waste of virtual ink

Your lips are always flapping while, most certainly, your brain is not
in gear.
Give us the proof, the resulting...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 27th 06, 11:16 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 123
Posted By H. Seldon
Correct angle for keyboard

Osiris wrote:

snip

bear with him.

Nah, I don't think so. Lack of knowledge I can obviously understand and
abide. *Arrogant* stupidity? That's another story.
Forum: General July 27th 06, 11:16 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 125
Posted By H. Seldon
Correct angle for keyboard

Osiris wrote:

snip

bear with him.

Nah, I don't think so. Lack of knowledge I can obviously understand and
abide. *Arrogant* stupidity? That's another story.
Forum: General July 27th 06, 11:12 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 125
Posted By H. Seldon
Correct angle for keyboard

Rod Speed wrote:

Snipped bull****

You truly are a *stupid* ****wit aren't you??

plonk
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 27th 06, 11:12 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 123
Posted By H. Seldon
Correct angle for keyboard

Rod Speed wrote:

Snipped bull****

You truly are a *stupid* ****wit aren't you??

plonk
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 27th 06, 12:18 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 123
Posted By H. Seldon
Correct angle for keyboard

Trev wrote:
How on earth did those typists manage with three hights of keys, no wrist
pads and having to put even force behind the key's.

In those days, people who wanted to become...
Forum: General July 27th 06, 12:18 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 125
Posted By H. Seldon
Correct angle for keyboard

Trev wrote:
How on earth did those typists manage with three hights of keys, no wrist
pads and having to put even force behind the key's.

In those days, people who wanted to become...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 13th 06, 11:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,misc.consumers
Replies: 95
Posted By H. Seldon
Why you should never buy Symantec / Norton products

David Maynard wrote:
JAD wrote:

"David Maynard" wrote in message

JAD wrote:

BS Dave don't take the opposite...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 12th 06, 08:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 33
Posted By H. Seldon
How much performance difference 1 gig ram vs 4 gig ram?

David Maynard wrote:
H. Seldon wrote:

David Maynard wrote:
snip

Ah the Sinclair ZX80. You want one?? I think I still have it
somewhere :-()
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 12th 06, 12:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard,rec.video.desktop

David Maynard wrote:
snip

Ah the Sinclair ZX80. You want one?? I think I still have it somewhere
:-()

I've got one too, plus the 16K expansion module.

And it's still as useful...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23