Replies: 16
Posted By Grant Edwards
How many watts

On 2007-04-14, First of One wrote:

Remember the fan isn't just there to stir up the air, it
actually propels the air through a heat sink and out the back
of the PC.

For some...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 13th 07, 05:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 0
Posted By Grant Edwards
How to change Linux dual-head screen numbers?

I've got a dual-head setup working under Linux with a 6200A,
but no matter what I try, the CRT connected to the VGA
connector is screen 0.

Adding "Screen 0" or "Screen 1" options to the Device...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 13th 07, 05:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Grant Edwards
Recommendation requested for 6200 AGP graphics card

On 2007-04-12, wrote:

I am thinking of buying a 6200 AGP graphics card to replace my
integrated graphics (845G). I do not play games but do want...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 13th 07, 05:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Grant Edwards
How many watts

On 2007-04-12, First of One wrote:

Err, nope. Those watts are used to spin the fan blades.

And that all of that kinetic energy ends up as heat.

(Duh! Electric motor.) A tiny...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 12th 07, 03:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Grant Edwards
How many watts

On 2007-04-12, First of One wrote:

Well, if you are going to count that, then include the few watts used to
drive the cooling fan. :-)

Those watts turn into heat as well.

--...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 11th 07, 08:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Grant Edwards
How many watts

On 2007-04-11, Paul wrote:

Nonsense! All the power isn't wasted (heat is waste), some of it does
usefull work (~60%). It's not an incandescent light bulb or a space...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 11th 07, 08:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Grant Edwards
How many watts

On 2007-04-11, SoCalCommie wrote:

Nonsense! All the power isn't wasted (heat is waste), some of
it does usefull work (~60%).

Where is that work performed? If that 87W is...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 7th 07, 09:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 13
Posted By Grant Edwards
AGP card to drive DVI@1600x1200 and VGA@1280x1024?

On 2007-04-07, Benjamin Gawert wrote:

However, all Geforce 6 GPUs which have integrated TDMS transmitters are
capable of 1920x1200.

I'm aware of that. However, I wasn't...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 7th 07, 03:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On 2007-04-07, Benjamin Gawert wrote:
* Grant Edwards:

I've confirmed that the DVI-D max resolution on the MSI 5200
card is 1280x1024. I've found quite a few other 5200...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 7th 07, 01:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On 2007-04-06, deimos wrote:

[...]
I've been looking at FX5200/FX6200 cards, but I've...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 6th 07, 11:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On 2007-04-06, deimos wrote:

[...]
I've been looking at FX5200/FX6200 cards, but I've seen
references in some reviews to an inability to drive DVI at high
resolutiosn...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 6th 07, 09:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On 2007-04-06, Grant Edwards wrote:

I need to upgrade my GeForce3 Ti 200 to something that will
drive two monitors: a DVI-D at 1600x1200 and an analog VGA at
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 6th 07, 08:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 13
Posted By Grant Edwards
AGP card to drive DVI@1600x1200 and VGA@1280x1024?

I need to upgrade my GeForce3 Ti 200 to something that will
drive two monitors: a DVI-D at 1600x1200 and an analog VGA at
1280x1024.

AGP 8X.

Fanless if at all possible.

3D performance isn't too...