Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: CBFalconer
Forum: General June 25th 09, 12:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By CBFalconer
Which is the best chip for a programmer?

darklight wrote:
wrote:

.... snip ...

I am going to buy a laptop (mainly for programming, surfing
etc...). Just wondering what is the best chip for a programmer
Forum: General June 23rd 09, 12:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
XP?
Posted By CBFalconer
XP?

peter wrote:

Or wait a couple of months and get one with Windows 7. Some
places will be selling or giving Windows 7 upgrade coupons with
a Vista machine purchase. I have W7 on a separate HD...
Forum: General June 21st 09, 02:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By CBFalconer
Perfectly Affordable Bookmarks Printing

kony wrote:
bryanfuller spam wrote:

Generally speaking, bookmarks are

Blah blah blah.

If you persist, I'll have your domain name taken away, your
ISP account taken, and have you...
Forum: General June 20th 09, 01:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By CBFalconer
Booklets Printing: The Multi-Sheet Advertising Tools!

bryanfuller wrote:

Booklets are one of the best paper mediums in the today’s
competitive market structure. They are multi-sheet documents
containing all the important kind of information in...
Forum: General June 12th 09, 01:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By CBFalconer
Error: Missing or Corrupt: \Winnt\System32\Config\Systemced

RFR wrote:
RFR wrote:

The agony continues on Win2K SP4.

.... snip much description ...

The last argument for a recovery was made that there may not be
enough room for the existing...
Forum: General June 6th 09, 12:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By CBFalconer
RAM prices going up?

Joel wrote:
"pawihte" wrote:

.... snip ...

I didn't know about sites like dramexchange.com that show trends.
Thanks to Paul, I know now.

You don't know, I...
Forum: General June 4th 09, 02:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 18
Posted By CBFalconer
RTC accuracy

VanguardLH wrote:
Bryce wrote:

As you experience more and more birthdays, precise time becomes
less compelling. I'm satisfied knowing what month it is!

When I was much younger and...
Forum: General June 2nd 09, 01:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By CBFalconer
Need Help Finding Good Acer Computer

darklight wrote:
philo wrote:

.... snip ...

Additionally, assuming you are now using XP. there is no good
reason to upgrade to Vista. they still don't have all the bugs
out of it. ...
Forum: General May 25th 09, 01:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By CBFalconer
Troublesome PC - Power on and Boot Issues

Paul L wrote:

.... snip ...

Since I have written this post almost a month has past since I
have returned to my parents house to use this PC.

Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs...
Forum: General May 24th 09, 02:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By CBFalconer
Trying to get rid of hum/buzz from old case

Jim wrote:

OK first things first I'm not O/C clockingthe machine but wanted
to post in here as i know you folks know your stuff and I'm
hoping some of you can help me out.

I have an old...
Forum: General May 19th 09, 03:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By CBFalconer
computer log when external switch is flipped?

Peter Chant wrote:
CBFalconer wrote:

See the discussion of older computers in the "Memory chip
question" thread. Those things have everything you need.

Not necessarily, I think you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 19th 09, 03:20 AM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.folklore.computers,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.computers,alt.computer
Replies: 1,182
Posted By CBFalconer
My Vintage Dream PC

GreenXenon wrote:

My vintage dream PC contains the most advanced motherboard [in
terms of ability to handle the highest processor speed of it's
type as well as maximum RAM capability] that...
Forum: General May 15th 09, 01:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By CBFalconer
computer log when external switch is flipped?

David Deley wrote:

Good idea protecting the computer input. I hadn't thought that
far yet. I'm using "The MailMinder Wireless Mail Alert" device I
purchased for only $12. A little...
Forum: General May 13th 09, 10:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By CBFalconer
computer log when external switch is flipped?

Peter Chant wrote:
David Deley wrote:

How would I go about interfacing my computer to the outside
world? I'm wondering if there's a way I can log the date/time
when my USPS mailbox gets...
Forum: General May 5th 09, 11:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By CBFalconer
Do YOU own a netbook??

colinccook wrote:

I'm in the middle of my disseratation and am doing an on-line
questionnaire for Netbook owners.

I assume spelling doesn't count.

--
[mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at...
Forum: General May 1st 09, 12:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

Burma wrote:

OK, thanks for that info. Any way to tell how many failures or
bad sectors or whatever are on a flash drive?

Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 27th 09, 11:03 PM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.basics,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 33
Posted By CBFalconer
Power Conversion Electronics

Phil Allison wrote:
"John Larkin"

.... snip ...

Take you meds and lie down for a while.

** Drop dead.

What he said was perfectly reasonable.
Forum: General April 27th 09, 11:03 PM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.basics,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 24

Phil Allison wrote:
"John Larkin"

.... snip ...

Take you meds and lie down for a while.

** Drop dead.

What he said was perfectly reasonable.
Forum: General April 27th 09, 11:01 PM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.basics,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 24
Posted By CBFalconer
Power Conversion Electronics

John Larkin wrote:
"Phil Allison" wrote:

.... snip ...

** TOTAL ******** !!!

They are not capacitive, there is no phase angle.

Active PFCs correct ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 27th 09, 11:01 PM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.basics,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.repair

John Larkin wrote:
"Phil Allison" wrote:

.... snip ...

** TOTAL ******** !!!

They are not capacitive, there is no phase angle.

Active PFCs correct ...
Forum: General April 26th 09, 10:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By CBFalconer
Hardware help on vintage IBM 5110 disk drive

sinoth wrote:

.... snip ...

I have an ancient IBM 5110 complete with disk drive, picture here :
http://sinoth.net/img/5110.jpg
The problem is I can't get the disk drive to work. I...
Forum: General April 19th 09, 11:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By CBFalconer
PC Is Noisy

kony wrote:
CBFalconer wrote:
wrote:

A couple of days ago, my pc became rather noisy. The noise is
nonstop and loud.

I'm not...
Forum: General April 19th 09, 12:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By CBFalconer
PC Is Noisy

wrote:

A couple of days ago, my pc became rather noisy. The noise is
nonstop and loud.

I'm not overly comfortable with opening up the pc, but at work,
when we...
Forum: General April 19th 09, 12:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By CBFalconer
PC Power Problem???

123Jim wrote:
"Gre0145" wrote in message

A friend has an old PC running 98SE. It will power up but after
1/2 an hour to 1 hour it will die and not turn on. If...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives April 16th 09, 01:05 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,comp.lang.c,comp.unix.programmer,netscape.public.mozilla.browser,comp.arch.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By CBFalconer
UPDATE ON FREE UNIX ROOT ACCOUNT ON SOLARIS 10 SPARC

wrote:

For inconveniencing you, I apologize.

Then why did you do it? c.l.c deals with the C language, as
defined in the C standard. Unix, root accounts, solaris, sparc...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500