Showing results 1 to 25 of 118
Search took 0.36 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: W[_3_]
Forum: Dell Computers April 26th 14, 03:22 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 11
Posted By W[_3_]
UEFI Support in Windows 7?

"Todd" wrote in message
On 02/19/2014 04:11 PM, W wrote:
"Yousuf Khan" wrote in message

My problem...
Forum: Dell Computers February 20th 14, 12:25 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By W[_3_]
Version of UEFI on Dell T7600

What version of the UEFI standard is supported on the Dell T7600?

My experience with it so far is that it is quite buggy. Should I just
skip this feature and stick with BIOS, even if using 64-bit...
Forum: Dell Computers February 20th 14, 01:11 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 11
Posted By W[_3_]
UEFI Support in Windows 7?

"Yousuf Khan" wrote in message
On 12/02/2014 12:49 AM, W wrote:
Does Windows 7 support the need UEFI replacement for BIOS? If...
Forum: Dell Computers February 13th 14, 08:02 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 11
Posted By W[_3_]
UEFI Support in Windows 7?

"Dominique" wrote in message
"W" écrivait
:

Forum: Dell Computers February 12th 14, 09:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 11
Posted By W[_3_]
UEFI Support in Windows 7?

"...winston?" wrote in message
W wrote:
Does Windows 7 support the need UEFI replacement for BIOS? If yes,
does
this require...
Forum: Dell Computers February 12th 14, 06:49 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 11
Posted By W[_3_]
UEFI Support in Windows 7?

Does Windows 7 support the need UEFI replacement for BIOS? If yes, does
this require 64-bit Windows 7? Does it require the system partition and
boot partition to both be on a GPT disk?

I have a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 12th 14, 12:06 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By W[_3_]
Looking for Software RAID 1 for Windows 7

Are there any good vendors that make a software RAID 1 package for Windows
7? What I would like to do is essentially the same capability I get with
"Dynamic" drives under Windows Server: I want...
Forum: Dell Computers January 29th 14, 11:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By W[_3_]
Blinking Amber Power Button on Precision 390

Sorry to top post, but my newsreader is not quoting correctly.

Yes, we tested with a NEW power supply. Power to the main connector on
the motherboard shows no error on the front light and the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 28th 14, 06:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By W[_3_]
DisplayPort Adapters Getting Stuck

"Paul" wrote in message
W wrote:
I have a Quadro 5000 that came with a Dell T7600. I'm having a problem
where I cannot remove the...
Forum: Dell Computers January 28th 14, 02:51 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By W[_3_]
Blinking Amber Power Button on Precision 390

"W" wrote in message
So here is an interesting result:

1) First, it is a Precision 380 not 390

2) Power...
Forum: Dell Computers January 28th 14, 02:40 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By W[_3_]
Blinking Amber Power Button on Precision 390

So here is an interesting result:

1) First, it is a Precision 380 not 390

2) Power supply is apparently good. But the strange result is that the
system only blinks once you plug into the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 28th 14, 12:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By W[_3_]
DisplayPort Adapters Getting Stuck

I have a Quadro 5000 that came with a Dell T7600. I'm having a problem
where I cannot remove the DisplayPort to HDMI adapters I am using. I have
tried at least three different varieties, and all...
Forum: Dell Computers January 27th 14, 07:14 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By W[_3_]
Blinking Amber Power Button on Precision 390

I have a Precision Workstation 390 with the power button blinking.
According to Troubleshooting section, this means either a bad power supply
or a failing system board.

Is there any test that will...
Forum: Dell Computers January 25th 14, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By W[_3_]
Connecting to 2.5 SAS/SATA on Dell T7600

"W" wrote in message
"Bob_Villa" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers January 25th 14, 10:03 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By W[_3_]
Connecting to 2.5 SAS/SATA on Dell T7600

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message
On Saturday, January 25, 2014 1:50:51 AM UTC-6, W wrote:
The Dell T7600 has...
Forum: Dell Computers January 25th 14, 08:50 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By W[_3_]
Connecting to 2.5 SAS/SATA on Dell T7600

The Dell T7600 has four hotswap 3.5" bays, and what appear to be four
hotswap 2.5" bays. My Dell 710P controller appears to have one of its two
minisas ports wired to the four 3.5" drives. How do...
Forum: Dell Computers January 25th 14, 07:37 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 0
Posted By W[_3_]
How to Use UEFI With Dell T7600

I'm about to install Windows 7 64-bit to a Dell T7600, and for the first
time I am dealing with this new replacement for BIOS named UEFI. What a
mess. It looks to me like this is a feature that...
Forum: Dell Computers January 23rd 14, 01:57 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By W[_3_]
Windows PE Disk With Dell T7600

Has anyone found a Windows PE distribution that will work with a Dell T7600
with PERC 710P off the shelf?

Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 14th 14, 04:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By W[_3_]
Better Forum for nVidia

The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels. Is there a
better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?

Forum: Dell Computers January 14th 14, 04:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By W[_3_]
Displayport to HDMI Adapter for nVidia Quadro 5000

I have a Dell T7600 with a Quadro 5000. I need to attach the first
DisplayPort to an HDMI port on a TV monitor running 1920x1080P. I have
many computers attached to the same TV and those work...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 13th 13, 08:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 11
Posted By W[_3_]
Graphic card for Windows Server 2003

My favorite story about the idiocy of software manufacturers who
deliberately sabotage their software working on Windows Server, and force
users to use Windows XP or Windows 7/8:

I was trying to...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 13th 13, 03:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 11
Posted By W[_3_]
Graphic card for Windows Server 2003

"Augustus" wrote in message
Have you ever /developped/ SERVER software ? Have ever had to debug your
software in a real situation,...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 13th 13, 03:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 0
Posted By W[_3_]
Cannot Install GEForce Drivers on Windows 2003 Server?

Windows 2003 is the server version of Windows XP. We have never had any
problem installing GEForce drivers for Windows XP on Windows 2003. Today
we tried to install a GT430 on a Dell Precision...
Forum: Dell Computers September 15th 13, 09:57 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By W[_3_]
Precision 390 How to Shut Off Windows with Power Button?

What driver(s) do you need to install under Windows XP to have the power
button on the Dell Precision 390 Workstation shut down Windows?

I have one computer where this is working and one computer...
Forum: Dell Computers July 3rd 13, 07:45 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By W[_3_]
Precision 390 Workstation Intel RAID with SSD?

I have a Precision 390 workstation using the Intel RAID for the SATA boot
device. Is it safe to use the Intel software RAID with SSD drives? I
have Windows XP installed.

If the RAID is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 118