Showing results 1 to 25 of 78
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ps56k
Forum: Dell Computers April 23rd 10, 10:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By ps56k
Dell 610 power polarity?

btw - my Latitude C-610 has 3 pins - but 3 tiny flat blades vs round
"pins" -

SO - you might check if it the laptop is - C version or the D version.

Our family has gone thru a couple of PA-6 power...
Forum: Dell Computers November 16th 09, 07:14 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 5
Posted By ps56k
Dell D505 user guide ?

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
ps56k wrote:
"ps56k" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers November 16th 09, 06:56 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 5
Posted By ps56k
Dell D505 user guide ?

"ps56k" wrote in message
just picked up a used Dell D505 from school,
and wanted the User Guide for a friend's...
Forum: Dell Computers November 14th 09, 10:10 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By ps56k
Dell D505 user guide ?

"ps56k" wrote in message
just picked up a used Dell D505 from school,
and wanted the User Guide.

Found...
Forum: Dell Computers November 14th 09, 10:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By ps56k
Dell D505 user guide ?

just picked up a used Dell D505 from school,
and wanted the User Guide.

Found this -
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd505/en/index.htm
but after downloading and opening, there is...
Forum: Dell Computers October 26th 09, 01:53 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By ps56k
Win 7 - Upgrading Inspiron E1505

"Bob Levine" wrote in message
I'm getting ready to upgrade my Inspiron E1505 to Win...
Forum: Printers August 24th 09, 04:29 PM Posted to comp.unix.admin,comp.periphs.printers,alt.os.linux
Replies: 6
Posted By ps56k
how do you ''see'' an Apple Personal LaserWriter 320 in Linux?

you might be better off just trying to get a current small laser printer,
vs beating your head against the wall -

Sometimes "free" is just not that easy to do...
Forum: Printers August 24th 09, 04:25 PM Posted to comp.unix.admin,comp.periphs.printers,alt.os.linux
Replies: 6
Posted By ps56k
how do you ''see'' an Apple Personal LaserWriter 320 in Linux?

"FrancG620" wrote in message

hi there people!

as part of a ''low cost / no cost'' computing...
Forum: Dell Computers July 23rd 09, 03:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By ps56k
Dell Inspiron 5100 power cord issues

"carouselgirl" wrote in message

My laptop has gone through 3 power cords in less than a year. They work
Forum: Dell Computers July 18th 09, 03:44 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 40
Posted By ps56k
how to dual boot - Dell laptop - XP & Linux

I have a trusty old Dell laptop - Latitude C610 -
that has been running XP/SP3 just fine.
Recently, swapped out the 60GB disk for a 120GB
that I partitioned into 80GB for XP, and 40GB for ??

I've...
Forum: Printers June 5th 09, 04:49 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By ps56k
print server - IP port - does it matter ?

We currently have a Netgear PS101 small print server
that attaches directly to the printer's parallel port.

I've setup all the computers to use the IP Port assignment method
for printing - and it...
Forum: Dell Computers May 29th 09, 10:29 PM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 21
Posted By ps56k
USB external backup strategy

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Well, one downright simple way to do unautomated backup is to
drag-and-drop folders from the...
Forum: Dell Computers May 29th 09, 05:10 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 26
Posted By ps56k
Converting to AVI videos to WMV?

wrote in message

We have a camera that makes videos in AVI format, and would like to
convert them to a more...
Forum: Dell Computers May 29th 09, 04:59 PM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 21
Posted By ps56k
USB external backup strategy

Our son is leaving for Germany - for a year - with his Dell M1210 laptop -
He wants to take an external drive,
but we can't decide on what, or how it might be used.

I have Acronis installed for when...
Forum: Dell Computers April 19th 09, 04:44 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By ps56k
M1210 camera - dark

In playing with our Dell M1210 for Skype or other webcam apps,
it seems that the image is really dark - it seems to need lots of light.

Any comments ?

--
----------------------------------
"If...

anyone actually bought a new battery for a Dell M1210 ?

which place did you actually pick for a 9-cell M1210 battery ?
9-cell - 10.8v - about 7650mah - 83wh
vs
6-cell - 10.8 - about 5100mah -...
Forum: Dell Computers April 17th 09, 12:21 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By ps56k
Dell M1210 battery choices - 9 cell

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

"ps56k" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers March 18th 09, 01:34 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By ps56k
Dell M1210 battery choices - NF343

"rebel" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:58:17 -0500, "ps56k"

wrote:

it's...
Forum: Dell Computers March 17th 09, 02:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By ps56k
Dell M1210 battery choices - NF343

"ps56k" wrote in message
Son just picked up a refurb Dell M1210 and likes it a lot compared to our
Dell...
Forum: Dell Computers March 17th 09, 01:19 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By ps56k
Dell M1210 battery choices - NF343

Son just picked up a refurb Dell M1210 and likes it a lot compared to our
Dell C610's..
It came with the Dell battery - NF343 - 11.1v 53Wh

wondering where to go get the bigger brother, as...
Forum: Dell Computers March 17th 09, 12:49 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By ps56k
Dell 1210 - under battery

Picked up a Dell M1210 and runs great.
In removing the battery, noticed two small open areas with circuit boards...
What are each of the areas ?
One is filled with the BCM92045 - Bluetooth -
the...
Forum: Dell Computers March 5th 09, 03:33 PM Posted to alt.internet.wireless,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 6
Posted By ps56k
3com WAP - public/secure and 'N' vs B/G

"LR" wrote in message
On 05/03/2009 03:23, ps56k wrote:
I was at our local library today,
and it appears they have several...
Forum: Dell Computers March 5th 09, 06:11 AM Posted to alt.internet.wireless,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops

"ps56k" wrote in message
I was at our local library today,
and it appears they have several WAP's installed,
Forum: Dell Computers March 5th 09, 03:23 AM Posted to alt.internet.wireless,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 6
Posted By ps56k
3com WAP - public/secure and 'N' vs B/G

I was at our local library today,
and it appears they have several WAP's installed,
but I had problems getting connected...

There are two SSID's -
one is public and one is private/secure.

Using...
Forum: Dell Computers February 23rd 09, 07:41 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 6
Posted By ps56k
Dell laptop battery suggestions - 75UYF

"MZB" wrote in message