Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff Jonas
Forum: Printers June 6th 21, 11:46 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By Jeff Jonas
What is hagaki paper?

A neighbor wanted me to print out some stuff
and gave me some papers of unknown size.

Inkjet can probably handle it, with enough drying.

Laser printers require proper smooth finish
and...
Forum: Printers October 22nd 11, 10:14 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff Jonas
Selling used printer cartridges?

If none, then I guess I will toss them into the trash. :(

It would be nice if schools or charities had bins
to collect them so they get the cash.
Of if StaplesDepot allowed donating them there
and...
Forum: Printers August 12th 11, 04:54 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Jeff Jonas
IPP capable LAN print server?

In article ,
Justin wrote:
I have acquired a Samsung ML-1740
Now I want to put it on my home LAN.

I have a Intel NetportExpress...
Forum: Printers August 8th 11, 02:19 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 27
Posted By Jeff Jonas
Printer for 3x5 cards and other small forms

I haven't printed office label for age to know anything about the newer
program. But age ago, I got a free program came with the CD self-stick
label it had lot of templates of Avery and other...
Forum: Printers August 7th 11, 10:17 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 27
Posted By Jeff Jonas
Printer for 3x5 cards and other small forms

I need a printer that will accept 3x5 cards (8x13cm) without misfeeds.

I think its the length of the print
and not the width which is the critical part.

I kinda agree.
Let me attempt a...
Forum: Printers August 6th 11, 04:55 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 27
Posted By Jeff Jonas
Printer for 3x5 cards and other small forms

An annoying option is to "tip in" the index card
onto a larger carrier.

PS: I've never heard the term "tip in". It is British?

I think that's what I heard.
A graphics art term for manually...
Forum: Printers August 6th 11, 02:20 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 27
Posted By Jeff Jonas
Printer for 3x5 cards and other small forms

When I print test prints on my printer I will cut an A4 sheet (21x30cm)
in half so it becomes two B4 (15x21cm) size sheets this is placed in the
printer one end and is printed one end only. Then I...
Forum: Printers August 5th 11, 11:51 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 27
Posted By Jeff Jonas
Printer for 3x5 cards and other small forms

Does anyone make a printer that can handle small forms
like 3x5 cards reliably?

My old Canon inkjet printer's put away
but it has plenty of rollers and metal spurs
to handle small forms.
It...
Forum: Printers August 2nd 11, 04:56 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By Jeff Jonas
Small cheap printer with Ethernet?

Hi folks... I am currently using an old HP 6P printer
on an ethernet adapter, and its crap.
It works, but I underestimated the amount of use
the printer would get.

I understand your...
Forum: Printers March 6th 11, 11:32 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 19
Posted By Jeff Jonas
Connecting USB to parallel device (in Windows 7?)

I tried going to Ports in Printer properties but only normal ports are
shown such as LPT1-3, various COMs etc show up in Printers.

*sigh* old drivers only showed parallel & serial ports,
had no...
Forum: Printers December 2nd 10, 11:58 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 19
Posted By Jeff Jonas
Interfacing the printer port

My client has a device that prints to an Epson LX300+II printer.
It is not a computer, but an electronic measuring device.
I need to capture the data coming from the device.

I have now...
Forum: Printers December 1st 10, 02:37 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 19
Posted By Jeff Jonas
Interfacing the printer port

My client has a device that prints to an Epson LX300+II printer.
It is not a computer, but an electronic measuring device.
I need to capture the data coming from the device.

This book is...
Forum: Printers October 17th 10, 05:50 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 27
Posted By Jeff Jonas
Questions about Dot Matrix Printers

Did you know that the solid ink Xerox Phasar printers (not the later laser
Phasar printers) were effectively inkjet printers with a multiple head?

Googling finds that Tektronix sold the Phaser...
Forum: Printers October 16th 10, 03:36 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 27
Posted By Jeff Jonas
Questions about Dot Matrix Printers

There were some thermal dot matrix printers. Suspect some mechanisms
are still made, used for labels, etc. specialty.

Thermal printers are still very common, although most don't have...
Forum: Printers October 16th 10, 03:22 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 27
Posted By Jeff Jonas
Questions about Dot Matrix Printers

If you use NCR (~carbon) paper for invoices, bills, receipts, and the
like, an impact printer is required.

Do they still make 'daisy wheel' printers?

Highly doubtful because they're just too...
Forum: Printers May 9th 08, 11:45 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeff Jonas
HP deskjet 990cxi: overflowing and jammed waste ink sponge

I'm trying to unjam a HP deskjet 990cxi.
The ink parking/sealing station grinds away upon power up.
The waste ink pad was so full it leaked ink!

What I do is pry out the access plate that...
Forum: Printers May 8th 08, 05:23 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeff Jonas
HP deskjet 990cxi: overflowing and jammed waste ink sponge

I'm trying to unjam a HP deskjet 990cxi.
The ink parking/sealing station grinds away upon power up.
The waste ink pad was so full it leaked ink!

1) How does the pad remove? I lifted it from the...
Forum: Printers December 19th 07, 05:57 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff Jonas
Parallel Port Print Server

I'm not exactly sure. They are in storage right now. I know at least
one is a LaserJet 1100. The connection is parallel, but one end of the
cable is smaller than the normal Centronics connector...
Forum: Printers November 29th 07, 03:38 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Jeff Jonas
automate printer command testing

I need to write a test script, which will automate the testing of
printer commands (specific to a POS printer). Is it possible to do this
without GUI. If without GUI, how can I send command to the...
Forum: Printers November 29th 07, 05:03 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff Jonas
Agfa Matrix TT200 color thermal printer: can I revive it?

I have a lovely Agfa/Matrix TT200 color thermal printer
but without the rasterizer card.
It was a popular printer in the 80s.

Google finds nothing: does anyone have one running,
preferably via...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20