Showing results 1 to 25 of 75
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike S
Forum: General June 14th 19, 02:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike S
Pairing Headphone to Desktop PC Using Bluetooth

On 6/13/2019 3:42 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
tb wrote:

I have a desktop PC with Windows 7 installed and I just purchased a
pair of Bose Quietcomfort 35 II Noise Canceling headphones.

The...
Forum: General June 14th 19, 02:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

tb wrote:

I have a desktop PC with Windows 7 installed and I just purchased a
pair of Bose Quietcomfort 35 II Noise Canceling headphones.

The...
Forum: General December 25th 18, 02:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By Mike S
No Broadband, but Wifi Still Works

On 12/24/2018 5:57 PM, Paul wrote:
VanguardLH wrote:
John McGaw wrote:

On 12/23/2018 11:05 PM, M.L. wrote:
The broadband light on the Arris NVG510 is blinking red on an
Forum: General December 25th 18, 02:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 12/24/2018 2:31 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 12/23/2018 11:05 PM, M.L. wrote:

The broadband light on the Arris NVG510 is blinking red on an
Ethernet-connected Win10 desktop computer....
Forum: General December 25th 18, 02:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By Mike S
No Broadband, but Wifi Still Works

On 12/24/2018 2:20 AM, M.L. wrote:

Wi-fi "working" could mean lots of different things. For example, maybe
the phones can connect via wi-fi to the modem but the users haven't yet
Forum: General December 24th 18, 04:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 12/23/2018 8:05 PM, M.L. wrote:

The broadband light on the Arris NVG510 is blinking red on an
Ethernet-connected Win10 desktop computer. Restarting the router
didn't help, and it...
Forum: General December 22nd 18, 06:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Mike S
keyboard recommendations?

On 12/19/2018 6:35 PM, Mike S wrote:
I have gone through 3 HP wireless keyboards in the past several years,
they all lasted less than 2 years. I would like to buy a more robust
keyboard with...
Forum: General December 20th 18, 03:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike S
Pleasant surprise

On 12/19/2018 6:29 PM, Norm X wrote:
"Mike S" wrote in message
On 12/17/2018 5:30 PM, Norm X wrote:
Hi All,

I have two SATA...
Forum: General December 20th 18, 02:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Mike S
keyboard recommendations?

I have gone through 3 HP wireless keyboards in the past several years,
they all lasted less than 2 years. I would like to buy a more robust
keyboard with the same action, I don't care if it's...
Forum: General December 20th 18, 02:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike S
Pleasant surprise

On 12/17/2018 5:30 PM, Norm X wrote:
Hi All,

I have two SATA SSD's in my Win10 desktop PC, 250 & 500 GB. I did not expect
Win10 to allow it but I tried and it worked. I created a...
Forum: General August 26th 18, 11:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike S
AT&T Broadband ?

On 8/26/2018 2:17 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 8/26/2018 11:41 AM, philo wrote:
On 8/25/2018 10:50 AM, Paul wrote:
philo wrote:ice b
That article was written in the year 2000.

Forum: General August 26th 18, 04:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike S
SD card problems

On 8/25/2018 7:12 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
Mike S wrote:

On 8/25/2018 1:34 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
Mike S wrote:

I think the card is junk and the EBAY seller isn't responding,...
Forum: General August 26th 18, 12:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike S
SD card problems

On 8/25/2018 5:17 AM, Paul wrote:
Mike S wrote:

Is Amazon better? What do you recommend as far as reputable SD card
sources? Thanks.

Just about every online seller, allows...
Forum: General August 26th 18, 12:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike S
SD card problems

On 8/25/2018 1:34 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
Mike S wrote:

I think the card is junk and the EBAY seller isn't responding, I'll
chalk it up to learning not to bottom-feed.

You could start a...
Forum: General August 25th 18, 01:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike S
AT&T Broadband ?

On 8/25/2018 3:59 AM, philo wrote:
My service went out and AT&T ran a diagnostic and said my router went
out and they would send a new one. While waiting I decided to try my
router at a...
Forum: General August 25th 18, 07:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike S
SD card problems

On 8/24/2018 11:02 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
Did you yet try the CrystalDiskMark tool to see what it says for various
file sizes used in the different tests?

If you get the same behavior on your...
Forum: General August 25th 18, 05:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike S
SD card problems

On 8/23/2018 11:21 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
Mike S wrote:

SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC
snip
... You didn't mention the size
of your music files, or how many files you were writing at a...
Forum: General August 25th 18, 05:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike S
SD card problems

On 8/24/2018 1:24 AM, Paul wrote:
Mike S wrote:
On 8/23/2018 7:27 PM, Mike S wrote:
On 8/23/2018 5:20 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 16:48:41 -0700, Mike S...
Forum: General August 24th 18, 06:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike S
SD card problems

On 8/23/2018 7:27 PM, Mike S wrote:
On 8/23/2018 5:20 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 16:48:41 -0700, Mike S wrote:

I bought a SanDisk Ultra 64GB...
Forum: General August 24th 18, 03:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike S
SD card problems

On 8/23/2018 5:20 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 16:48:41 -0700, Mike S wrote:

I bought a SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC card for my Moto X4 phone so I
Forum: General August 24th 18, 12:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike S
SD card problems

I bought a SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC card for my Moto X4 phone so I
could have music on it. I have a SIIG USB 2.0 Multi Card Reader/Writer
that is several years old. The specs include:...
Forum: General April 29th 18, 10:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike S
need asus cpu fan replacement RESOLVED

On 4/28/2018 10:01 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
Mike S wrote:

John McGaw found a model that looks perfect. The fan attaches by
pressing the holes in the corners into plastic pins until small...
Forum: General April 29th 18, 02:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike S
need asus cpu fan replacement RESOLVED

On 4/28/2018 6:36 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
Mike S wrote:

My neighbor's desktop computer ASUS Essentio Model CM6850 needs a cpu
fan, it's making a lot of noise and not spinning up to speed,...
Forum: General April 29th 18, 02:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 4/28/2018 4:36 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 4/28/2018 6:50 PM, Mike S wrote:
My neighbor's desktop computer ASUS Essentio Model CM6850 needs a cpu
fan, it's making a lot of noise and not...
Forum: General April 28th 18, 11:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike S
need asus cpu fan replacement

My neighbor's desktop computer ASUS Essentio Model CM6850 needs a cpu
fan, it's making a lot of noise and not spinning up to speed, sounds
like a bad bearing, the fan is model AUB0812VH.

How can I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 75