Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ant[_3_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 13th 21, 07:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Is it normal for connected HDMI to be the primary display instead the connected VGA?

If you go into the BIOS/UEFI settings, is there one for "primary display
adapter"?

https://ibb.co/album/NdbMCD

That shows you are using the integrated (onboard) graphics...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 13th 21, 03:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

VanguardLH wrote:
If you go into the BIOS/UEFI settings, is there one for "primary display
adapter"?

https://ibb.co/album/NdbMCD Samsung HDTV with HDMI connected and ASUS...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 12th 21, 10:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.pc.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.pc.harware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,atl.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Is it normal for connected HDMI to be the primary display instead the connected VGA?

I have both HDMI (HDTV) and VGA (monitor) connected to my new 64-bit W10
Pro PC (Intel Core i5-10400 Comet Lake 2.9GHz 6-Core LGA 1200 CPU
(includes Intel UHD 630 GPU), ASRock H510M-HDV/M.2 Intel...
Forum: Intel June 2nd 21, 11:47 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 1
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Who is still buying Intel CPUs?

Ant wrote:
I just did since it was cheaper than AMD's Ryzen! :O

Also, an 2020 Intel MacBook Pro due to its Bootcamp and VirtualBox.
--
RIP 2 the dead American military...
Forum: Intel June 2nd 21, 11:36 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 1
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Who is still buying Intel CPUs?

I just did since it was cheaper than AMD's Ryzen! :O
--
RIP 2 the dead American military personnels & my over decade old EVGA X58 SLI (132-BL-E758; BIOS date 5/11/2010; v6.00 PG; release number...
Forum: Printers May 31st 21, 06:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.apps,comp.sys.hp.hardware

In alt.comp.periphs.printers Ant wrote:
In alt.comp.periphs.printers Ant wrote:
r HP says to use Windows', but it doesn't offer me one. :( Ethernet cable...
Forum: Printers May 31st 21, 03:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.apps,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Ant[_3_]
No 64-bit W10 Pro USB printer driver for an old HP Photosmart printer from 2004?

In alt.comp.periphs.printers Ant wrote:
r HP says to use Windows', but it doesn't offer me one. :( Ethernet cable
connection works though, but I prefer USB cable.

Thank you...
Forum: Printers May 31st 21, 02:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.apps,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Ant[_3_]
No 64-bit W10 Pro USB printer driver for an old HP Photosmart printer from 2004?

HP says to use Windows', but it doesn't offer me one. :( Ethernet cable
connection works though, but I prefer USB cable.

Thank you for reading for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
RIP 2...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 24th 21, 06:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Hello.

I have a decade old APC Back-UPS ES-750(BE750G) with its old replaced
dead battery #2. Since it's a very old model, I want to see if there's a
better one out there. I don't like its lack of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 19th 21, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Fry's Electronic Out of Business!!!

Bill wrote:
Ant wrote:
Bill wrote:
Xanadu99 wrote:
Fry is out of business. Before online shop popularity, Fry was the icon of computer and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 18th 21, 07:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Fry's Electronic Out of Business!!!

Bill wrote:
Xanadu99 wrote:
Fry is out of business. Before online shop popularity, Fry was the icon of computer and technology carrying suppliers. Shopping at Fry is like...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 17th 21, 05:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Xanadu99 wrote:

Fry is out of business. Before online shop popularity, Fry was the
icon of computer and technology carrying suppliers. Shopping at Fry
is like in...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 6th 21, 02:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Little bit misleading advertising by Apple, Macbook Air M1

Also, why is this in NVIDIA newsgroup?

skybuck2000 wrote:
This website:
https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/13-inch

Statements the following:

"Two...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 6th 21, 02:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Little bit misleading advertising by Apple, Macbook Air M1

Yep, that's confusing. I didn't like the M1 MBPs only had two ports
while its Intel MBPs have four ports. Also, get the biggest storage size
too since internal SSDs can't be replaced. I don't like...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 1st 21, 02:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 11
Posted By Ant[_3_]
My old CCC GUI refuses to show up. :(

In alt.windows7.general Paul wrote:
Ant wrote:

Do you mean tracking ccc.exe process only? If so, then 2.4 MB
http://zimage.com/~ant/temp/ProcMon3.61cccEXE.7z...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 31st 21, 11:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.windows7.general

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati Paul wrote:
Ant wrote:
In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati Paul wrote:
Ant wrote:
In...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 29th 21, 10:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 11
Posted By Ant[_3_]
My old CCC GUI refuses to show up. :(

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati Paul wrote:
Ant wrote:

Oh, I got netfx_setupverifier v6.0.3790 (7/31/2015) downloaded. Its
verification results said error...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 29th 21, 05:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 11
Posted By Ant[_3_]
My old CCC GUI refuses to show up. :(

Aaron Stebners "netfx_setupverifier_new.zip" confirms this
for us, although somewhat clumsily (as the tester menu
grays out and won't allow selecting just anything you want
to...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 28th 21, 10:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 11
Posted By Ant[_3_]
My old CCC GUI refuses to show up. :(

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati Paul wrote:
Ant wrote:
Hello.

I can't open my old ATI/AMD Radeon 4870 (512 MB of VRAM)'s video card driver
Forum: Ati Videocards January 28th 21, 06:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 11
Posted By Ant[_3_]
My old CCC GUI refuses to show up. :(

Hello.

I can't open my old ATI/AMD Radeon 4870 (512 MB of VRAM)'s video card driver
(13-9-legacy_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe)'s Catalyst Control Center GUI (still
can run its background install...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 28th 20, 04:30 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Ant[_3_]
What's a good external portable huge drive and disc burner to get these days?

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Lewis wrote:
In message Ant wrote:
Hello.

I love my...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 26th 20, 08:29 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Ant[_3_]
What's a good external portable huge drive and disc burner to get these days?

Hello.

I love my old Seagate's light and small 2.5" Seagate HDD (USB2), but its 500 GB
is too small and slow these days. What'a good one like that is faster, bigger
storage size, and physically...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 20, 10:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By Ant[_3_]
What's a good new ~24" monitor or even a TV (smart & 4K R OK)?

Paul wrote:
Ant wrote:
Paul wrote:
Crap. I just realized 27" is too big so I revised my title and post. As
for VGA, I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 20, 07:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Paul wrote:
Crap. I just realized 27" is too big so I revised my title and post. As
for VGA, I still have very old PCs with VGA and DVI. :/ I might get
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 20, 02:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On 2020-12-17...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500