Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 1.19 seconds.
Forum: Abit Motherboards October 6th 07, 03:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
how do i use a usb keyboard when booting a Abit an52 motherboard

how do i use a usb keyboard when booting a Abit an52 motherboard?
I cant select my multiple OS's. It works in the bios, and in windows
but not in between.
In the bios there is the option to select...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives September 10th 07, 06:15 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Identify the LUN Disk and Partition

Hello,
This is for ESX.
I found the following:
"Identify the LUN Disk and Partition

vmhbax:y:z:v

x=Hostbusadapter (0=1st Adapter, 1= 2nd adapter...x)
y=LUN
z=Disk
Forum: General August 7th 07, 12:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
How do i adjust in the bios my g.skill ram?

found this, but last line says ram timeings are displayed in the
following way - CAS-tRCD-tRP
So what am i to do with the other ram settings on my motherboard???

CAS Latency
The CAS latency is the...
Forum: General August 7th 07, 12:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
How do i adjust in the bios my g.skill ram?

I tried to adjust my ram
I got 2x 4gb g.skill f2-6400cl5d
box says the following settings
cl5-5-5-15 1.8v-1.9v
But MSI mthbrd gives me more options than i know what to do with??
Here are the settings...
Forum: General July 30th 07, 10:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
AMD 6000 64 bit- what is the fastest ram that the CPU will run at?

I am going to get a AMD 6000 64 bit CPU- what is the fastest ram speed
that the CPU will run at?
doesnt it come down to FSB of the motherboard?
What is the best Motherboard, thinking of getting MSI. ...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors July 22nd 07, 12:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Memory v.s. Processor speed (Athlon 64x2)

I think ram speeds are address by the Front side bus speed.
something about diveded by four to get your ram speed?? Any gurus in
this area?
I want to get a AMD k2 6000, and am having trouble trying...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 23rd 06, 09:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Overclocking a Gigabyte GA-8st800 f3

how does overclocking kill and hard drive?
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 23rd 06, 12:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Overclocking a Gigabyte GA-8st800 f3

overclocking has killed something???
It can be the ram as several sticks produce the same result
While starting an OS on the harddrive it freezes.
While droping a ghost image on the harddrive it...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 21st 06, 09:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Overclocking a Gigabyte GA-8st800 f3

could only change the clock speed from 133 to 135 with all my ram in.
1 stick in and i got it to 140.
I will give the gyabyte software a go (windows based one).
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 21st 06, 12:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Overclocking a Gigabyte GA-8st800 f3

also there was an AGP overclocking section,
Which area should i be starting in first?
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 20th 06, 11:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
8PE667 Ultra 2 automatic restart after power failure

MAYBE YOUR CASE DOESNT SUPPORT IT???
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 20th 06, 10:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Overclocking a Gigabyte GA-8st800 f3

Hello,
I went into the bios, i put the ram (333) up to (356) worked fine, do i
need to also give it more frecency?
I put the ram up to 402 and it wouldnt work.
CPU is set to 1xx? with the option to...
Forum: General November 17th 06, 03:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
need a CPU for around $300-400

if i was running a 6600
what would be the best ram and motherboard for the job with a 6600
processor?
motherboard with 4 ram slots (2 buses) would be good so i can always
add to it.
AGP needed,...
Forum: General November 15th 06, 09:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
need a CPU for around $300-400

The 6600 goes for about $320(USD),the FX62 for
over $800.

Ok the 6600 sounds better, thanks for clearing up the model names.
What about overclocking a 6600. Just been doing some google on...
Forum: General November 15th 06, 05:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
need a CPU for around $300-400

i see the e6600 on toms but not the AMD chip that i specified, would it
go under a different name?
Forum: General November 15th 06, 04:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
need a CPU for around $300-400

AUD$$

All the charts on Toms are for high end CPU's i will have another look.
So does everyone think that the Intel Chip would be a better.
I always thought that you got more bang for your buck...
Forum: General November 14th 06, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
HD interface types - help

you can get a little converter for $30-40 so a SATA hdd works with an
IDE cable.
Forum: General November 14th 06, 10:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
need a CPU for around $300-400

Hello, what would be the best CPU to get? There are so many CPU
avaliable i dont know what to get.
Main uses, dvd burning, vmware running servers including exchange 2007
64 bit.
I want to try to...
Forum: General November 10th 06, 06:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
AMD vs Intel

i am interested in getting a AMD 64 bit chip, and wanted to compare
some reviews with Intel 64 bit chips, but have not been able to find
any recent reviews. What are peoples thoughts? I was...
Forum: General November 8th 06, 10:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
64 bit CPU issue

and will Vista be 32 bit and 64 bit?
Forum: General November 8th 06, 10:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
64 bit CPU issue

Hello,
I was interested in buying a new pc. Not to be outdated in 1 year, i
thought maybe a 64 bit chip would be the way to go.
Intel dont have many and they dont have a dual core chip. Should i...
Forum: Intel October 23rd 06, 02:29 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Dual Core CPU differences?

Well in the same price range i can get
Intel Socket 775 Pentium D 945 3.40Ghz 800 FSB 2x2MB Cache Dual Core
Instock $238.00
Intel ATX E6300 CORE 2 DUO /1.86GHz/2MB CACHE/1066FSB/LGA775...
Forum: Intel October 22nd 06, 11:43 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Dual Core CPU differences?

Hello,
I am looking at CPU's. Currently Intel has 2 different ranges. Core 2
Duo, and Dual Core in 32 bit.
eg.
Intel Socket 775 Pentium D 805 2.66GHZ 533MHZ FSB Dual Core CPU
Intel ATX E6300 CORE 2...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23