Replies: 24
Posted By bad sector
press 4 to unlock core

On 2020-10-22 10:07, bad sector wrote:

Having 'increasing' probs with my 8-core AMD destktop. The board is
an asus-xhair-IV

Boot often doesn't even begin and pops the subject error...
Forum: General October 23rd 20, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By bad sector
press 4 to unlock core

On 2020-10-23 13:40, VanguardLH wrote:
bad sector wrote:

I use Linux only but even with windows a driver wouldn't do diddley
before the OS loads.

True,...
Forum: General October 23rd 20, 01:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By bad sector
press 4 to unlock core

On 2020-10-23 03:17, VanguardLH wrote:
bad sector wrote:

I post a problem and thanks to many good souls trying to help soon
find myself being the only...
Forum: General October 23rd 20, 01:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By bad sector
press 4 to unlock core

On 2020-10-23 03:06, VanguardLH wrote:
bad sector wrote:

It's a Durgod Taurus k-320 (made in China), and the reason I got it
was that ...
... I was up to...
Forum: General October 23rd 20, 01:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By bad sector
press 4 to unlock core

On 2020-10-23 03:06, VanguardLH wrote:
bad sector wrote:

It's a Durgod Taurus k-320 (made in China), and the reason I got it
was that ...
... I was up to...
Forum: General October 23rd 20, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By bad sector
press 4 to unlock core

On 2020-10-22 22:24, VanguardLH wrote:
bad sector wrote:

The keyboard is DURGOD all-usb gaming one ...

Forum: General October 23rd 20, 01:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By bad sector
press 4 to unlock core

On 2020-10-22 19:45, VanguardLH wrote:
bad sector wrote:

After I don't know how many reboots bios still wasn't detecting
but "fdisk -l" finally picked one...
Forum: General October 23rd 20, 01:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By bad sector
press 4 to unlock core

On 2020-10-22 19:41, VanguardLH wrote:
bad sector wrote:

BIOS should come up by touching "Del" but it takes a dozen
attempts for that to work with my new...
Forum: General October 23rd 20, 01:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By bad sector
press 4 to unlock core

On 2020-10-22 12:53, Paul wrote:

Sometimes taking digital camera pictures of the BIOS screen in
advance, is a good enough...
Forum: General October 22nd 20, 11:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By bad sector
press 4 to unlock core

On 2020-10-22 12:53, Paul wrote:

Sometimes taking digital camera pictures of the BIOS screen in
advance, is a good enough method.

Some Asus motherboards are famous for their bad defaults...
Forum: General October 22nd 20, 10:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By bad sector
press 4 to unlock core

On 2020-10-22 15:41, VanguardLH wrote:
bad sector wrote:

Having 'increasing' probs with my 8-core AMD destktop.
The board is an asus-xhair-IV
Forum: General October 22nd 20, 04:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By bad sector
press 4 to unlock core

On 2020-10-22 11:40, KenW wrote:
On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 10:07:15 -0400, bad sector
wrote:

Having 'increasing' probs with my 8-core AMD destktop.
The board...
Forum: General October 22nd 20, 03:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By bad sector
press 4 to unlock core

Having 'increasing' probs with my 8-core AMD destktop.
The board is an asus-xhair-IV

Boot often doesn't even begin and pops the subject
error message which includes "or F.. to load defaults"
and...
Forum: General August 30th 20, 05:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By bad sector
Guiding a 14 year old nephew on building his own computer

On 2020-08-27 00:37, s...
Forum: General August 30th 20, 01:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 2020-08-27 00:37, s wrote:

My nephew is 14 and living in another state who wants to build his
own...
Forum: General August 29th 20, 01:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 2020-08-27 00:37, s wrote:

My nephew is 14 and living in another state who wants to build his
Forum: General August 28th 20, 12:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 2020-08-27 00:37, s wrote:

My nephew is 14 and living in another state who wants to build his own
computer.

I sent following YouTube videos for him to watch and learn how to do it.
Forum: General August 28th 20, 12:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By bad sector
ssd sata rack w. happy customers?

On 2020-08-27 17:22, VanguardLH wrote:
bad sector wrote:

I'm planning my move to ssd's and want to replace my spinners cage rack
with a 4, 6, or 8-bay ssd...
Forum: General August 27th 20, 08:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 2020-08-27 12:21, Paul wrote:
bad sector wrote:

I'm planning my move to ssd's and want to replace my spinners cage
rack with a 4, 6, or 8-bay ssd rack, one of those that stack'em
Forum: General August 27th 20, 02:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By bad sector
ssd sata rack w. happy customers?

I'm planning my move to ssd's and want to replace my spinners cage rack
with a 4, 6, or 8-bay ssd rack, one of those that stack'em standing on
edge, which is what I have now for the 3.5" spinners...
Forum: General August 27th 20, 02:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 2020-08-27 00:37, s wrote:

My nephew is 14 and living in another state who wants to build his own
computer.

I sent following YouTube videos for him to watch and learn how to do it.
Forum: General August 25th 20, 10:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By bad sector
Re [solved]: Laptop, 1st sign of life, WHEN?

On 2020-08-05 10:17, Paul wrote:
bad sector wrote:

Aging Asus g73sw-xt1 Laptop:

After having disassembled the unit, I made many repairs including
resoldering the AC-Adapter pin....
Forum: General August 14th 20, 01:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By bad sector
"Repair" hard disk with bad sectors by reading and rewriting samedata?

On 2020-08-14 02:56, Paul wrote:
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
I have a 6TB drive that shows 8 bad sectors. Would it be possible to
repair it without harm to the data using

dd if=/dev/daX...
Forum: General August 6th 20, 01:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By bad sector
Laptop, 1st sign of life, WHEN?

On 2020-08-05 10:17, Paul wrote:
bad sector wrote:

Aging Asus g73sw-xt1 Laptop:

After having disassembled the unit, I made many repairs including
resoldering the AC-Adapter pin....
Forum: General August 5th 20, 06:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By bad sector
Laptop, 1st sign of life, WHEN?

On 2020-08-05 10:17, Paul wrote:
bad sector wrote:

Aging Asus g73sw-xt1 Laptop:

After having disassembled the unit, I made many repairs...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31