Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Richard Hopkins
Forum: Matrox Videocards January 11th 08, 02:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 1
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Parheila and Aero

wrote in message
Does the PH-A8X256 support Vista Aero?
Does it support HD?
Does it support DVD Max?

If not, and I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 24th 07, 07:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Richard Hopkins
E4300 - Very fast temp change with loading

"Bob F" wrote in message...
Thank you Phil, kony, and Ed. It would seem that what I am
seeing is probably mostly accounted for by the thermal
resistance within the...
Forum: General March 24th 07, 07:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Bob F" wrote in message...
Thank you Phil, kony, and Ed. It would seem that what I am
seeing is probably mostly accounted for by the thermal
resistance within the...
Forum: Overclocking March 24th 07, 07:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Bob F" wrote in message...
Thank you Phil, kony, and Ed. It would seem that what I am
seeing is probably mostly accounted for by the thermal
resistance within the...
Forum: Matrox Videocards March 3rd 07, 03:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 2
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Getting Low Fan Speed From Matrox Parhelia 256 AGP

"justin david" wrote in message...
Does this mean the fan is dying, or could there be a problem
with the board itself?

Far more likely to be the fan than the board....
Forum: Abit Motherboards February 25th 07, 02:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
Replies: 2
Posted By Richard Hopkins
IC7-Max3 Problem

"Methadras" wrote in message...
Hi folks. I hope someone in here can help me. I just received an
IC7- Max3 motherboard. I've hooked it all up. I'm running a
P4 3.0e (not overclocked), 1 gig of...
Forum: Overclocking February 15th 07, 02:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 4
Posted By Richard Hopkins
is it worth the time to overclock a pentium 3 to 1ghz for vista ?

"jake" wrote in message...
yes or no ?

Your single question is actually two separate questions:

Is it worth overclocking your Pentium!!! to 1GHz?

The answer to that question...
Forum: Overclocking February 8th 07, 03:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Old School question : Pentium III 800 underclocking

....@m wrote in message...
In regard to my previous post, several processors were produced which
specifically adhere to the 100mhz fsb, pIII, 800mhz spec...

Yes, the four different stepping...
Forum: Overclocking February 8th 07, 03:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Old School question : Pentium III 800 underclocking

"Ed Medlin" wrote in message...
All the P3 (with exception of a very few engineering samples) processors
had the multiplier locked. Many MBs had the option to change the FSB....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 28th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
Replies: 18
Posted By Richard Hopkins
BE7 and Vista

"Marcus" wrote in message...
Thinking on installing Vista Home Premium on my system (Abit BE7
with PIV 3.06GB (O/C'd to 3.5GB), 1GB Ram) when it's released
in a week...
Forum: Overclocking January 28th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
Replies: 17
Posted By Richard Hopkins
BE7 and Vista

"Marcus" wrote in message...
Thinking on installing Vista Home Premium on my system (Abit BE7
with PIV 3.06GB (O/C'd to 3.5GB), 1GB Ram) when it's released
in a week...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors November 24th 06, 11:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 19
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Overclocking Core 2 Duo extreme - guide

"Peter van der Goes"wrote in message...
Thanks BC!
I was concerned by by Richard's "Cooling solution attaches into holes by
means of pushpins or bolts..."

Indeed so. As BC says, the pushpins...
Forum: Overclocking November 24th 06, 11:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 18
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Overclocking Core 2 Duo extreme - guide

"Peter van der Goes"wrote in message...
Thanks BC!
I was concerned by by Richard's "Cooling solution attaches into holes by
means of pushpins or bolts..."

Indeed so. As BC says, the pushpins...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors November 22nd 06, 05:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 19
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Overclocking Core 2 Duo extreme - guide

"Peter van der Goes" wrote in message...
When I look at pictures of motherboards for the Core 2 Duo, I don't see
anything obvious that would serve as attachment points...
Forum: Overclocking November 22nd 06, 05:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 18
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Overclocking Core 2 Duo extreme - guide

"Peter van der Goes" wrote in message...
When I look at pictures of motherboards for the Core 2 Duo, I don't see
anything obvious that would serve as attachment points...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 06, 06:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
Replies: 15
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Mnior upgrade 3.06 Ghz P4.

" wrote in
message...
So the 42C idle temp I'm seeing in the system bios, AbitEQ,
Everest, Sandra and several other utils is really...
Forum: Overclocking November 21st 06, 06:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
Replies: 15
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Mnior upgrade 3.06 Ghz P4.

" wrote in
message...
So the 42C idle temp I'm seeing in the system bios, AbitEQ,
Everest, Sandra and several other utils is really...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 06, 04:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
Replies: 15
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Mnior upgrade 3.06 Ghz P4.

"Marcus" wrote in message...
So really me getting just under 3.5Ghz isn't too bad an overclock
considering I'm on a standard 2.66Gz P4 cooler.

That's a useful overclock considering the cooler...
Forum: Overclocking November 21st 06, 04:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
Replies: 15
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Mnior upgrade 3.06 Ghz P4.

"Marcus" wrote in message...
So really me getting just under 3.5Ghz isn't too bad an overclock
considering I'm on a standard 2.66Gz P4 cooler.

That's a useful overclock considering the cooler...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 06, 04:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
Replies: 15
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Mnior upgrade 3.06 Ghz P4.

"
I can't speak about the temp misreporting issue, I haven't seen it
on my IC7-G.

Er, yes you do. The IC7-G is one of the boards that...
Forum: Overclocking November 21st 06, 04:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
Replies: 15
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Mnior upgrade 3.06 Ghz P4.

"
I can't speak about the temp misreporting issue, I haven't seen it
on my IC7-G.

Er, yes you do. The IC7-G is one of the boards that...
Forum: Overclocking November 21st 06, 04:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
Replies: 15
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Mnior upgrade 3.06 Ghz P4.

"JAD" wrote in message...
"Phil Weldon" replied to 'blahblah' thus:
| The best advice I can offer is to replace any active cooling you
| have on your NB with a passive cooler
_____

Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 06, 04:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
Replies: 15
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Mnior upgrade 3.06 Ghz P4.

"JAD" wrote in message...
"Phil Weldon" replied to 'blahblah' thus:
| The best advice I can offer is to replace any active cooling you
| have on your NB with a passive cooler
_____

Forum: Overclocking October 27th 06, 11:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 15
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Is This Overclocked Or Not?

"Billy Bob" wrote in message...
if either your (overclocked to 133) PC100 memory, or the overclocked
89MHz AGB bus is indeed the problem at the moment, swapping to another
Forum: Overclocking October 26th 06, 12:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 15
Posted By Richard Hopkins
Is This Overclocked Or Not?

"Billy Bob" wrote in message...
My brother in law has offered me a slightly later Abit board. A BE2 maybe
BX6?

Erm, which one, exactly? The BX6, BX6-2 and BE6-II (not to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29