Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: m
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 9th 07, 03:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By m
Samarai Z Cooler

I just retrofitted an old socket 478 with the Samarai Z cooler. I am not
sure if I put it on right in that the only thing that appears to fix the
cooler to the circuit board are 4 clips that just...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 29th 07, 10:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By m
Vista-friendly builds: details, please

Core2 Duo E6400
1GB RAM
X1950pro PCIE VC
250GB SATA2 HD
Antec 450W PS

"ToolPackinMama" wrote in message
Please post...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 29th 07, 10:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By m
Vista-friendly builds: details, please

You do not need 1.5GB RAM, it will run just fine on 1GB. People are
getting the look ahead RAM functionality of Vista and thinking it's taking
more memory than it actually needs.
"Mike T."...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 18th 07, 06:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By m
Socket 478 Fan

I have an old Pentium 4 2.4G BG Socket 478 CPU that has a cooling fan that's
quite noisy. I want to use this unit as a PVR but the noise levels are just
too high. It has the standard Intel boxed...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 13th 07, 06:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By m
Any views on Sapphire or Connect3d X1950 pro graphics card?

I concur, it's not the x1950pro design that's a problem, it's Sapphire's
implementation of the cooling. There are scads of reports of large air gaps
between the heatsinks and the components, etc. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 28th 07, 10:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By m
Video Card

Yes both companies(and others) make variants of the x1950pro. Be careful of
the Sapphire card, check the sapphire forums, that card looks like an
absolute dog due to poor cooling.

"Squat"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 07, 03:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By m
Problem!

I would agree too and I find it rather amazing everything powered up
somewhat nominally after putting a new power supply in. The highest
likelihood that some components are fuxored after the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 07, 02:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By m
Problem!

Well not withstanding the bungling of this build one thing I would suggest
is looking at the graphics card. Some of the newer high end cards have
several issues. Some of cards have temp issues...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 11th 06, 02:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By m
Windows XP Hard Drive Continuously Running

More information: clearly it isn't the new ATI driver. I rebooted and the
drive light is now on continuously again. However as a test what I did was
put the computer into sleep mode and then...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 11th 06, 04:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By m
Windows XP Hard Drive Continuously Running

Well interesting result here. I upgraded to the latest drivers for my
X1950Pro...no more continuous hard drive access. Problem gone. Odd.

"m" wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 06, 07:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By m
Windows XP Hard Drive Continuously Running

Office 2003 is installed but the hard drive deal preceded the installation
of office. CPU usage is sitting at 1%. Uninstalled MS indexing service
for Windows as well as uPnP. Doesn't change...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 06, 05:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By m
Windows XP Hard Drive Continuously Running

I built a new rig with an E6400/ECS P965-A/1GB RAM/SATA(3GB) WD Caviar
Drive. Dual boot with Windows 2000 and XP on it. When I installed XP I
noticed that the hard drive was continuously...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 1st 06, 02:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By m
Pure unadulterated bull****

Why not run in large font mode with the resolution set at native? Then you
have the best of both worlds, high resolution for graphics but readable
text?

"johns" wrote in...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 1st 06, 02:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By m
Micro ATX/Video Card

Thank you for all the responses on the question. Aftering reviewing the
issue I realized the vast majority of what I thought were just mini-ATX
cases also accept ATX boards, they're just...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 30th 06, 10:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By m
Micro ATX/Video Card

I am looking at building a new rig and considering using a micro ATX MB. I
am concerned about adding a video card like the X1900PRO to a box this
small. First, would that video card physically...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15