Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gert Elstermann
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 10th 07, 12:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Gert Elstermann
new member

wrote:
hellow i m new for this group

Thou art well come :-)
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 12th 07, 07:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Gert Elstermann
computer configuration

kalaivanan asked:
3. Regarding Intel P965, is there any specific reason why you
suggested that motherboard. For a genuine reason and for the
affordable price i can go for it.
The 945...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 11th 07, 01:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Gert Elstermann
Internet connection laughably slow....

wrote:

... I bought a shiny new Asrock P4VM890 ...

What leads me to the MB is it's the only new thing in there; I'm
wondering if network connections go via a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 10th 07, 09:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Gert Elstermann
computer configuration

Paul schrieb:
kalaivanan wrote:
Hi,
I am planing to buy a computer with the configuration given below. The
main purpose is to study tecnologies like .net and oracle. Even i dont
play...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 19th 07, 04:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Gert Elstermann
looking for parts recommendations for DIY desktop

jb wrote:
I want to build my next computer.
What I'm looking for are recommendations for a good configuration that
meets these criteria:

-- Reasonably fast, but not super speed; this...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 18th 07, 02:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Gert Elstermann
seagate

senderj wrote:
Looking for SATA2 300GB hard disk that support Vista and NCQ. I found 2
types of hard disk in seagate's web site. One is Barracuda 7200.10 which
support Vista, but no...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 12th 07, 01:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By Gert Elstermann
Is Win2k still usable on new systems?

nemo wrote:
On Aug 11, 1:35 am, Bob Fry wrote:
I use XP Pro on a desktop machine and W2K on a laptop. They both work
fine which you'll rarely hear about Vista. If...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 12th 07, 01:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By Gert Elstermann
Is Win2k still usable on new systems?

wrote:
"nemo" wrote in message ...
My understanding is that MS has dropped...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 21st 07, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Gert Elstermann
Pentium 915 versus Core2 Duo 6300

oddvark wrote:

Whats with July 22+? Is a new chip comming out?

It's sharp price cuts. See, e. g.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=7293:
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 17th 07, 03:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Gert Elstermann
Pentium 915 versus Core2 Duo 6300

oddvark wrote:
Hi there,

I have a pentium 915. Is the Core2 Duo 6300 noticeably faster? They
are still around 100+ bucks, and want to know if I will notice
anything. If not, I'll just...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 19th 07, 07:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Gert Elstermann
What brand of Motherboard is good?

wrote:
It seem my bios is out of date for the larger harddrives, and I am not
too pleased with this MB anyhow because it has everything onboard.
I want to find a newer...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 19th 07, 06:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Gert Elstermann
One Stick of DDR2 in an AMD64 X2 5600+

Roger wrote:
I just built a new system with an MSI K9NBPM2-FID board, AMD 64 X2
Dual-Core 5600+, and one stick of Patriot 800MHz 1 Gig memory.

My application only needed a gig of memory and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 28th 07, 03:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By Gert Elstermann
Vista-friendly builds: details, please

ToolPackinMama wrote:
DaveW wrote:
Vista will NOT run properly in a true "budget-system".

I'm not asking for opinions or advice, I'm asking for specs of systems
that are proven...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 23rd 07, 12:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Gert Elstermann
DDR and DDR2

Mellowed wrote:

I believe that there is mechanical interference. One won't plug into an
unmatched socket.

"senderj" wrote in message ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 28th 07, 02:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Gert Elstermann
Video Card

Tal Fuchs wrote:
You can see the 9800 here
http://www.tomshardware.com/2004/10/04/vga_charts_iv/page5.html#3dmark_2003
a full list of charts is here
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 19th 07, 04:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Gert Elstermann
hard disk capacity

gonu wrote:
i have 80 gb samsung hard disk while partioning it shows only 75 gb .
why?

1000 != 1024 (industry vs. binary;-)

rOy
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 19th 07, 04:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Gert Elstermann
E6600 Processor 1066FSB, what speed ram should I get?

tommylux wrote:
Also to add, DDR II comes in DIMM and SO DIMM, what is the difference
and which one is better?

Thanks
Tom

On Jan 19, 1:47 pm, "tommylux" wrote:
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 7th 07, 07:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 29
Posted By Gert Elstermann
Motherboards?

fwibbler schrieb:
"Rod Speed" wrote:

Davej wrote

Why does it seem that every motherboard is disliked by 1/4 of the
owners?
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 7th 07, 06:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Gert Elstermann
Will this PC work?

snilloc schrieb:
I'm new to building and while I've read a good bit on the Internet
about making sure everything will work together and such, I want to
make sure I have it right before...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 4th 07, 04:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Gert Elstermann
Advice for a new mid level PC

licarus schrieb:
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6400 Socket 775
ASUS P5B
2 x DIMM 1GB DDR2 667 PC5300 KINGSTON
NVIDIA GeFORCE 7900GS
HD 250 GB SEAGATE BARRACUDA
MIDITOWER ATX COOLERMASTER...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 31st 06, 12:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Gert Elstermann
Budget Solution -- Cheap Core2 vs Cheaper X2

schrieb:
....I am shocked to hear the E6300 called a "low-end budget processor."
Yes, it is Intel's lowest-end offering of the Core 2 Duo family, but
I've been...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 31st 06, 12:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Gert Elstermann
Can Intel 440BX Motherboard Accept AGP 4X/8X Card?

Jay Chan schrieb:
o nVidia GeForce4 Mx-serie: It is cheap, fast enough for
old games, has MPEG2-decoder, support LCD, support
Win98SE. The catch is that I don't seem to be...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 30th 06, 03:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Gert Elstermann
Recommendations for newbie home built PC

OSbandito schrieb:

...- some dealers are getting tricky with the "barebones" moniker.
Some I looked up include only a case, motherboard and pwr.supply, but
not the CPU or RAM.

That's the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 12th 06, 11:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Gert Elstermann
New AGP graphics card, same drivers

Neil H. wrote:
My main system is an EPoX 8KMM3I-X with Sempron 2300+ running WinXP Home
SP2. It's had an ATI 9800Pro in it for less than two months, running fine
until a couple of days ago...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 6th 06, 12:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By Gert Elstermann
Hardware components (seeking opinion)

silverfox schrieb:
Hi again.
I've finally made up my mind about the configuration, here it is:
MB: Asus P5LD2 i945P DDR667 sATA2 Raid CH8

The Asus P5LD2 has the dual channel...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30