Replies: 13
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
What is the current situation with drive-bay multi-card readers(capacity) ?

On 2014-07-14, PC Guy "PC"@Guy wrote:
Regarding those multi-card readers (SD, Compact Flash, etc) that slide
into a 3.5" drive bay, I know that the first generation of those
couldn't read SD...
Forum: Printers October 27th 12, 06:26 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 50
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
Connect an old parallel HP LaserJet 6P printer to MacBook Pros(Mac OS X 10.5.8 and 10.8.2)?

On 2012-10-23, Paul Sture wrote:
In article ,
Lewis wrote:

In message...
Forum: Printers April 9th 12, 08:41 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 21
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
How much does it (really) cost to print & bind a single book athome?

On 2012-03-30, Martin C. wrote:

3. Binding is much harder to estimate the costs of.
I have no experience with book binding; so my googling is almost
Forum: Printers December 12th 11, 05:13 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
Multifunction printer for an office of 20

From: "Andrew Smallshaw"

The last Brother MFC I installed loaded 80Mb of permanently resident
Forum: Printers December 12th 11, 02:14 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

On 2011-12-10, David H. Lipman wrote:

Brother MFC-7840w
It better integration into a LAN environment and has WiFi
Forum: Printers December 12th 11, 02:09 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
client side parallel to network converter

On 2011-12-08, rr wrote:

- 1st idea was to use parrallel port hub. until 4 osciloscope can print
to the same printer. Work nice but not enough cause Parallel cables
Forum: Printers October 3rd 11, 08:20 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
RS232 Printer Cable

On 2011-10-01, Lon wrote:

Might be worth a shot trying the Cisco console pin out.

The "Cisco console pin out" is Yost and has already been mentioned.

Or rip up a hunk...
Forum: Printers September 28th 11, 05:07 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
RS232 Printer Cable

On 2011-09-28, hel wrote:

DSD is not a typo but at is from the original pin out from NEC which
manufactured the CRS 3000.

Could I use your email address to send you...
Forum: Printers September 28th 11, 03:25 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
RS232 Printer Cable

On 2011-09-28, hel wrote:

The Printer is a Epson TM-T20.

At has a serial interface with a DB9F connector.

That would suggest DCE wiring.

DSD 1 0-1 chGND
Forum: Printers September 27th 11, 08:26 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
RS232 Printer Cable

From: "Andrew Smallshaw"

On 2011-09-27, Andrew Smallshaw wrote:

Forum: Printers September 27th 11, 05:21 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
RS232 Printer Cable

On 2011-09-27, Andrew Smallshaw wrote:

If you can point us to a wiring standard for the terminal (or quote
the make and model - we could possibly find out from that)...
Forum: Printers September 27th 11, 04:58 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
RS232 Printer Cable

On 2011-09-26, hel wrote:

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

TM-T20 comes in two version; UBS and DB9 interface.

I have the DB 9 interface.
Forum: Printers June 13th 11, 11:39 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
can Planon Printstik PS900 Portable Thermal Printer print withordinary fax roll paper?

On 2011-06-13, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
Hello. I've always been looking forward to have a portable monochrome
thermal printer. It had been a dream for many years until...
Forum: Printers May 27th 11, 04:43 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 16
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
International characters

On 2011-05-27, wrote:

Neah! you don't have to convert anything to anything, computer (Windows
OS for example) will print anything the FONT has to offer,...
Forum: Printers May 26th 11, 11:49 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 16
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
International characters

On 2011-05-24, wrote:

I recently started using a laser printer. I quickly discovered that in
some cases, international characters (vowels with...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 1st 11, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 3
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 chips inward design.

On 2011-04-30, wrote:
On Apr 29, 9:10?am, Andrew Smallshaw wrote:

I think that well meaning but fundamentally...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 1st 11, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design

On 2011-04-30, wrote:
On Apr 29, 9:10?am, Andrew Smallshaw wrote:

I think that well meaning but fundamentally...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 29th 11, 05:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design

On 2011-04-27, Skybuck Flying wrote:

Personally I think this "chip inward" design is pretty stupid from an "air
flow" perspective...

My case has excellent...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 29th 11, 05:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design

On 2011-04-27, Skybuck Flying wrote:

Personally I think this "chip inward" design is pretty stupid from an "air
flow" perspective...

My case has excellent...
Forum: Printers March 12th 11, 03:20 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
Wireless printers

On 2011-03-08, aesthete8 wrote:
Are they worth the extra cost?

Or am I better off saving a bit of money by buying the wired version?

Last time I bought a wireless bridge it...
Forum: Printers December 12th 10, 05:26 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 19
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
Interfacing the printer port

On 2010-12-09, David wrote:
I sort of have it working, but it is incredibly slow...

I have set up a Generic / Text only printer on my Win7 machine and am
Forum: Printers December 5th 10, 04:04 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

On 2010-12-03, David wrote:

I have been thinking laterally, I was trying to find things to do with
parallel ports, but coming stuck everywhere. I changed my...
Forum: Printers October 17th 10, 11:07 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
Portable printer for travel!

On 2010-10-10, Arthur Entlich wrote:

There are also a couple of thermal printers which use no ink. They work
like the older style fax machines or POS printers used in...
Forum: Printers July 9th 10, 05:09 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 7
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
Do laser printers mean much trouble?

On 2010-07-08, Priam wrote:
I'm surprized by how many people here say they have problems with their
laser printers ans I wonder if it's that common. I thought laser
Forum: Printers November 21st 09, 07:09 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Andrew Smallshaw
Virtual Printer Queue

On 2009-11-17, TCorp wrote:
I am looking for a virtual printer (other an a PDF writer) for testing
purposes. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

I am testing a C#...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 112