Showing results 1 to 25 of 338
Search took 1.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: BigJim
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 08, 07:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By BigJim
Video Cards w/2 HDMI Ports Out? Video & Audio?

I can tell you according to the installation instructions that if you
connect
the hdmi setup on the 9800gt you will loose the onboard sound.
Also on that card there is a patch cable that goes from...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 9th 08, 07:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By BigJim
Video Cards w/2 HDMI Ports Out? Video & Audio?

the msi 9800gt I use has one hdmi output via an adapter.

"Albert" wrote in message
Are there video...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 7th 08, 07:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By BigJim
HDTV versus LCD Monitor

I have an hdtv connected to a computer thru the d-sub connector.
It works fine for surfing the web and streaming videos.
Newer video cards come with HDMI connectors with I think
would improve on the...
Forum: Dell Computers December 6th 08, 07:45 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By BigJim
OT Dual Channel Memory

dual channel memory is suppose to be more efficient.
I have three machines 2 of which have dual channel and one that does not.
The one without it works just fine, it is not a gaming machine but...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 4th 08, 07:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By BigJim
RAM for Del Dimention 8100

wrote in message
I need to update the ram in my dell 8100 computer i have fount two
options one is...
Forum: Dell Computers December 2nd 08, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By BigJim
I must uninstall the ethernet driver and reboot my computer to get to the net

"Gill Julien" wrote in message
Hi

I have an XPS 420 with Windows Vixta Home Premium (Service Pack 1),
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 2nd 08, 07:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By BigJim
is 850w enough for crossfire gaming rig?

yep
"sillyputty" wrote in message
I'm building a new gaming rig and got an Antec TPQ-850 850w...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 26th 08, 09:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By BigJim
OT comcast disables newgroups

well looks like Comcast finally shut down access to giganews.
The thing that ****es me off is there will be no change in the bill.
Forum: Dell Computers November 12th 08, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By BigJim
game machine

you all didn't take the OP seriously
"kant_rite" wrote in message
I'm in the market for a new gaming...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 31st 08, 08:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By BigJim
streaming processors

I am going to upgrade my graphics but I am not sure which to go with,
Nvidia or ATI.
My main question is the streaming processors. It seems that ati uses many
more on their high end cards than...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 30th 08, 07:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By BigJim
173.13 does not work on NX 8500 GT?

"Bart Vanden Heuvel" wrote in message
Hi,

Last year I bought the NX 8500 GT (MSI). Everything went O.K until I
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 19th 08, 03:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By BigJim
Battery change on ASUS Board P5GD2

turn the machine off and unplug it to change the battery
"Klaus Haber" wrote in message
Hello,

I got last weeks for...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 27th 08, 12:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By BigJim
Nvidia to rename its graphics chips

how about like, Bob1, Fred2 series, and then for those who like to bitch you
could have the Alice, Rose and Sella series.
"First of One" wrote in message...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 27th 08, 12:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By BigJim
P5K - Intel fan question

if your going to change the fan go to a good aftermarket one.
The core2 runs cooler than the dual cores.

wrote in message
My...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 20th 08, 07:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By BigJim
Comcast's AUP policy/FYI

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Customer,

We appreciate your business and strive to provide you with the best...
Forum: Dell Computers August 3rd 08, 06:59 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By BigJim
520 broken LCD

guess is somewhere between 2 and 4 hundred dollars.
"Vangosh" wrote in message ...
Well, i've only had my dell 520 laptop for a...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 2nd 08, 06:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 14
Posted By BigJim
Will this drive work

some drives will do it automatically, try it an see.
"reqluq" wrote in message
Hi, I bought a hitachi 320...
Forum: Dell Computers July 31st 08, 06:04 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 33
Posted By BigJim
Dell Hybrid PC thoughts?

I think it is a bit pricey for what you get and that is without a monitor.
We all know to run Vista properly you need a minimum of 2 gigs of ram with
an integrated video card. Base machine comes...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 31st 08, 05:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Posted By BigJim
Beware NewEgg Rebate come-ons

If Newegg posted the wrong dates then you are correct, it is on newegg.
I received a rebate on a MSI video card that was purchased from newegg.
It took about 3 months to get it.
"John B. Smith"...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 31st 08, 07:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 9
Posted By BigJim
6 Fan connectors on one molux cable ?

"mpm" wrote in message
On Jul 30, 3:15�pm, "cside" wrote:

Why on...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 31st 08, 07:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 9
Posted By BigJim
6 Fan connectors on one molux cable ?

"mpm" wrote in message
On Jul 30, 3:15�pm, "cside" wrote:

Why on...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 31st 08, 07:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 7
Posted By BigJim
6 Fan connectors on one molux cable ?

"mpm" wrote in message
On Jul 30, 3:15�pm, "cside" wrote:

Why on...
Forum: Dell Computers July 29th 08, 07:02 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 10
Posted By BigJim
Installation CD

yea it should work
"Daave" wrote in message
I'm working on a friend's Dell Latitude D610 (Windows XP Pro, SP2 is on
the machine...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 29th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By BigJim
just curious... solid state hard drives

"Matthew" wrote in message
other than cost/GB are there any other problems that I should be aware of
with these new...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 338