Showing results 1 to 25 of 412
Search took 1.72 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Timothy Daniels
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 28th 07, 04:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Timothy Daniels
want to know about the latest xp or the last xp

"VEGAM UNDEFEATED" wrote:
i am a hard ware manic i like os instalation i want to know abt xp

You want the NG "alt.lifestyle.hardware.maniac".

*TimDaniels*
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 12th 07, 05:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Timothy Daniels
Need help to Clone a Drive. backup, please help??

"Crackles McFarly" wrote:
I have partitioned my drive into two sections. One very
large section and another much smaller one.

The smallest partition is 3x [three times] the size of the
OS...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 6th 07, 03:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Timothy Daniels
Asus failure rate

"johns" wrote:
[......] I have never seen an ASUS mobo run longer
than 2 years before it starts rebooting without warning.
I have stuck with Gigabyte for the last 10 years, and in
all that...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 07, 05:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Timothy Daniels
Norton Ghost

"Jeff H" wrote:

"Timothy Daniels" wrote:
"32andtwentyseven" wrote:
"Jeff H" wrote:
"jinxy" wrote:
Hey all, I would like to replace my 40g hdd with a larger hdd. I will
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 07, 06:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Timothy Daniels
Norton Ghost

"32andtwentyseven" wrote:
"Jeff H" wrote:
"jinxy" wrote:
Hey all, I would like to replace my 40g hdd with a larger hdd. I will
use a hdd enclosure with a usb connection. To make things...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 29th 07, 02:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Timothy Daniels
Norton Ghost

"Sjouke Burry" wrote:
jinxy wrote:
Hey all, I would like to replace my 40g hdd with a larger
hdd. I will use a hdd enclosure with a usb connection. To
make things easy I was thinking about...
Forum: Dell Computers June 25th 07, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Timothy Daniels
Dual boot Vista and XP?

"Steve" wrote:
I guess another option might be to image the XP HD to an external
drive, then run XP and my old programs from that drive? Has anyone
gone this route?

This is possible if...
Forum: Dell Computers June 22nd 07, 09:41 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Timothy Daniels
Adding sata to old Dell 8250

"Tack" wrote:
Anyone know if there is a PCI sata adapter that I could add to this system?
Ideally should have drivers (if needed) for WIN 2003 server. In a perfect
world would like to be able...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 21st 07, 11:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Timothy Daniels
SATA Internal vs SATA External

"Erich93063" asked:
So my question is: Is there a speed difference when using an internal
hard drive vs. an external hard drive?

Hmmm.... Some people say thank you, some people just go...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 21st 07, 12:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Erich93063" wrote:
... Is there a speed difference when using an internal
hard drive vs. an external hard drive? Common sense would tell me even
though it is a SATAII drive, if I make it...
Forum: Dell Computers June 10th 07, 01:59 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 39
Posted By Timothy Daniels
FOLLOW-UP: Installing IDE HD to new desktop PC to transfer files

"Bob Hayden" wrote:
"Timothy Daniels" wrote in message
"RnR" wrote:
Well, if he already has a thumb drive, can...
Forum: Dell Computers June 9th 07, 03:09 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 39
Posted By Timothy Daniels
FOLLOW-UP: Installing IDE HD to new desktop PC to transfer files

"Ben Myers" wrote:
"Timothy Daniels" wrote:
"Ben Myers" wrote:
I muck around with crossover cables all the time and set IP addresses,
subnet masks, and workgroup names. For me it is...
Forum: Dell Computers June 8th 07, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 39
Posted By Timothy Daniels
FOLLOW-UP: Installing IDE HD to new desktop PC to transfer files

"RnR" wrote:
Well, if he already has a thumb drive, can boot up and doesn't have
too many gigs of files, I go with the thumb drive as the cheapest and
easiest way to transfer files. I do this...
Forum: Dell Computers June 8th 07, 07:41 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"Ben Myers" wrote:
I muck around with crossover cables all the time and set IP addresses,
subnet masks, and workgroup names. For me it is easy, because I do
it for a living. Some people are...
Forum: Dell Computers June 8th 07, 08:31 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 39
Posted By Timothy Daniels
FOLLOW-UP: Installing IDE HD to new desktop PC to transfer files

"Ben Myers" wrote:
The problem with Ethernet is that unless you have a router that
serves IP addresss, you have to muck around with a crossover
cable and manually set IP addresses and subnet...
Forum: Dell Computers June 7th 07, 11:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 39
Posted By Timothy Daniels
Installing IDE HD to new desktop PC to transfer files

"Bob Hayden" wrote:
If I buy this enclosure and take my HD out of my old PC and then
hook it up to the new PC via USB, will it read the drive without
altering it so that after I transfer the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 7th 07, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Timothy Daniels
What do you do with old computers?

"Nil" wrote:
Say you've got a bunch of old obsolete but working PCs, including a
386SX, a 486, and an Apple ][. Would you part them out, try to sell
them intact, donate them, toss 'em? Who...
Forum: Dell Computers June 6th 07, 06:35 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 39
Posted By Timothy Daniels
Installing IDE HD to new desktop PC to transfer files

"Boris" wrote:
"Timothy Daniels" wrote:
"Tom Scales" wrote:
The simplest approach is to just network the computers. Then
you can copy them across. That's how I setup a new machine
Forum: Dell Computers June 6th 07, 06:21 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 39
Posted By Timothy Daniels
Installing IDE HD to new desktop PC to transfer files

"Tom Scales" wrote:
If one of the computers is an XPS410/Dimension 9200 or other computer
with integrated gigabit, a crossover cable is not necessary. It will
autodetect.

\ | /
oOo I...
Forum: Dell Computers June 6th 07, 07:53 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 39
Posted By Timothy Daniels

"Tom Scales" wrote:
The simplest approach is to just network the computers. Then you can
copy them across. That's how I setup a new machine (usually).

Don't forget to use a cross-over...
Forum: Dell Computers June 1st 07, 09:27 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Timothy Daniels
eSATA

"Journey" wrote:
There are some advantages of USB 2.0 of course -- hot swappable, easy
plug-and-play, easily used with laptops, and a lot can be connected at
the same time...
Forum: Dell Computers June 1st 07, 08:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Timothy Daniels
eSATA

"Tom Scales" wrote:
They are great references and got me 'a googlin'. I found a nice
PCI-x4 card with four ports that will do Raid 5. It's more
($180 vs 120, roughly), but interesting too.
Forum: Dell Computers June 1st 07, 12:35 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Timothy Daniels
eSATA

"Tom Scales" wrote:
The post about BB having the eSATA 750GB on sale for $199 got me
thinking. I need more space but already have filled up my drive bays.

What does it take to add eSata to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 31st 07, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By Timothy Daniels
Changing boot hard drive

wrote:
I most recently downloaded the Western Digital Data Lifeguard.
It loaded but did nothing at all. I dont presently have any WD
drives. Then it caused windows to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 31st 07, 08:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By Timothy Daniels
Changing boot hard drive

wrote:
Is there any sort of freeware disk cloning software. [.....]
I dont need backup software, since I just copy
my data to my spare hard drives, and I really...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 412