Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Don[_2_]
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 24th 08, 11:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 21
Posted By Don[_2_]
Nvidia 9600GT Font Rendering Looks Terrible

Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Don wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Don wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Don wrote:

I just upgraded the video card on my PC from an ATI X1600 series
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 24th 08, 08:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 21
Posted By Don[_2_]
Nvidia 9600GT Font Rendering Looks Terrible

Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Don wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Don wrote:

I just upgraded the video card on my PC from an ATI X1600 series to
a Nvidia 9600GT series card. First I...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 24th 08, 03:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Don wrote:

I just upgraded the video card on my PC from an ATI X1600 series to a
Nvidia 9600GT series card. First I uninstalled the ATI Control Center
and drivers...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 24th 08, 03:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 21
Posted By Don[_2_]
Nvidia 9600GT Font Rendering Looks Terrible

I just upgraded the video card on my PC from an ATI X1600 series to a
Nvidia 9600GT series card. First I uninstalled the ATI Control Center
and drivers as to their instructions. I then shut down...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 24th 08, 02:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Don[_2_]
Post Script

Don wrote:
I just installed a Nvidia 9600GT series video card. And so far it is
really good. I have one problem though. My Viewsonic flat panel can
run up to 1920*1200 resolution. But...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 24th 08, 02:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Don[_2_]
NVidia 9500GT Question

I just installed a Nvidia 9600GT series video card. And so far it is
really good. I have one problem though. My Viewsonic flat panel can
run up to 1920*1200 resolution. But when I set it to...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 17th 08, 02:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By Don[_2_]
DVI Signal Not Detected

Strange thing is, I can run the monitor at 1920 by 1200 (DVI-D mode) in
Linux just fine so I don't know whether it is the monitor or the ATI
video card or a quirk in the driver. So I am going to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 16th 08, 07:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Don[_2_]
Video Card Question - Recommendation

p.s. I'd like a video card that plays well with Viewsonic monitors
(VP2330wb) in DVI-D mode, i.e. not ATI.

Don wrote:
I've seen a number of different companies that use nVidia or ATI
chipsets...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 16th 08, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Don[_2_]
Video Card Question - Recommendation

I've seen a number of different companies that use nVidia or ATI
chipsets in their cards; i.e. Asus, BFG, EVGA, Galaxy, MSI, etc. Does
it really make any difference whose name is on the card? And...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 16th 08, 02:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Don[_2_]
DVI-D Signal Is Lost

Paul wrote:
Don wrote:
Here's my problem. I'm running XP Pro (latest updates) and I have a
Viewsonic VP2330wb flat panel monitor, and a ATI X1600 (HIS Variant)
video card. Everything...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 15th 08, 06:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Don[_2_]
DVI-D Signal Is Lost

Here's my problem. I'm running XP Pro (latest updates) and I have a
Viewsonic VP2330wb flat panel monitor, and a ATI X1600 (HIS Variant)
video card. Everything works fine when using the VGA...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 13th 08, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By Don[_2_]
DVI Signal Not Detected

My OS is a fully up to date version of Windows XP Pro. My Viewsonic
VP2330wb monitor works just fine with the ATI Radeon X1600 (256 meg)
video card when I use the VGA cable. When I use the DVI...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 17th 07, 05:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Don[_2_]
IBM Thinkpad Hard Drive Compatibility

meerkat wrote:
"Don" wrote in message
I was given as in "free" an IBM Thinkpad laptop (A21m) that's about
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 17th 07, 04:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Don[_2_]
IBM Thinkpad Hard Drive Compatibility

I was given as in "free" an IBM Thinkpad laptop (A21m) that's about six
years old. Before you tell me to trash it and get a real computer, it
was free and it works although be it a little slow by...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 30th 07, 04:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems
Replies: 21
Posted By Don[_2_]
WinXP suddenly reboots without warning etc. Is my HDD about tofail?

Arno Wagner wrote:
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Olumide wrote:
Hi -

My WinXP machine is acting really weird. Of late, its started to
freeze outright, and sometimes...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 30th 07, 04:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems
Replies: 20

Arno Wagner wrote:
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Olumide wrote:
Hi -

My WinXP machine is acting really weird. Of late, its started to
freeze outright, and sometimes...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 9th 07, 04:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Don[_2_]
No Power In The Morning

Bill Anderson wrote:
Don wrote:
I have an AMD/Asus machine that's more than six years old now. It
works fine when it is running. The only thing is, when I power it up
in the morning,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 9th 07, 12:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Don[_2_]
No Power In The Morning

I have an AMD/Asus machine that's more than six years old now. It works
fine when it is running. The only thing is, when I power it up in the
morning, nothing happens. I unplug the thing and go...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 2nd 07, 03:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 35
Posted By Don[_2_]
XP or Vista on New PC?

cpliu wrote:
My new notebook has vista pre-installed and there is no way to go back
to XP. After trying it, I have to say I like XP better. I'm not into
these aethetic things and Vista appears...
Forum: General August 2nd 07, 03:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Don[_2_]
Network card for wired & wireless network?

maspiers wrote:
I'm looking to connect a 2nd hand desktop PC to our network here. Some
of the time it may be connected to the wired network and sometimes
wirelessly. Is there a single network...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 14th 07, 03:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Don[_2_]
Kids Gone-Hard drive cleaning time

pheasant wrote:
~Mike Hollywood wrote:
I'd go with your idea of a new drive.
I don't think the programs would work if you copied them
to the new drive, you'd have to reinstall them.
But...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 29th 07, 03:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Don[_2_]
Norton Ghost

jinxy wrote:
Hey all, I would like to replace my 40g hdd with a larger hdd. I will
use a hdd enclosure with a usb connection. To make things easy I was
thinking about using N.G. Any opinions on...
Forum: General June 11th 07, 09:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Don[_2_]
Acer laptop

Stefano wrote:
Hello, I've got a problem with my Acer laptop... before you ask me,
no, I didn't buy it from TigerDirect (we review TigerDirect in our
website).

The problem is that I've...
Forum: General June 9th 07, 06:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Don[_2_]
SATA PERFORMANCE?

In theory, yes. But given the current drive technology, I'd say no.
Perhaps if they come out with a 15,000 rpm drive there would be. If you
can get a deal on a SATA 1.5 drive, go for it. Most...
Forum: General June 6th 07, 06:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Don[_2_]
DVD Not Recognized, Wireless Hangs

Gary Brown wrote:
Hi,

My daughter's Dell 4300 is suffering from multiple problems.
The DVD drive was removed and now is not recognized
when reinstalled. A new drive and cable didn't...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37