Showing results 1 to 25 of 80
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Trimble Bracegirdle
Forum: General April 21st 07, 04:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Temperature monitoring - Intel Thermal Analysis Tool

You might want to consider INTEL TAT test utility.
It drives all the CPU cores you have to 100% & displays the
temperature for each Core.
Surprisingly difficult to fine is here tho. Only 3.3 Meg
Forum: General April 21st 07, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
WARNING!!!!

I'd consider that Internet Cafes Comp. has some power supply fault and
I would go have words with them.
Mouse
@@@
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 20th 07, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 10
667Mhz vs 800Mhz RAM

You will probebly allso need to consider weather you are having it in dual
channel
or not.
I'm not certain as to the real-world differences ...a lot depends on what
CPU .
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ...
Forum: General March 19th 07, 04:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
hardware news

Digging around "Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia"
would help ...here's a link to the Oh so fashionable C 2 D info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core_2_Duo
This sort of group is probably best...
Forum: General March 12th 07, 04:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
GIGABYTE GA-965P-S3 Northbridge to Hot ???

Thanks your helping me a lot.
I am running dual channel..
The system is all brand new from parts. I've only run it for a few
hours so far..& nothing demanding.

The Northbridge seems to stay pretty...
Forum: General March 12th 07, 02:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Sata Hard Disk

Got to give it a Drv letter.
XP is sometimes reluctant to show disc's after a change.
A tactic that helps is to right click the Drive in Explorer
then select 'Properties'...then Hardware Tab ..you...
Forum: General March 12th 07, 02:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
GIGABYTE GA-965P-S3 Northbridge to Hot ???

I just started running a new C2D system with the popular GIGABYTE
GA-965P-S3 Motherboard .

I'm shaken by just how hot the hintsink on the NorthBridge gets within a
very few minutes.

To hot to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 11th 07, 01:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
This Is a homebuilt HARDWARE group, not look at me and my vista install

Its difficult to cum up with a good n catchy rude alternative for VISTA .
your ****STIR is a candidate ...
Best I've got is PISTA ...****STIR ..???
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") mouse
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 10th 07, 06:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Core Duo - Anyone give me a simple view of performance

I agonized for months over upgrade from P4 , AGP , IDE , DDR (1 not 2).
To core 2 duo & I'm just about to start up the resulting 'new' machine.
I feel certain (now) that Core2Duo is 'a good settled...
Forum: General March 10th 07, 06:21 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 92
Location of system and cache partitions

You would think that putting the Swap file on an separate Hard Disc would be
faster than same as O/S & if that 2nd HD was on a separate IDE cable faster
still .
But I suspect there would be very...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 10th 07, 06:21 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 92
Location of system and cache partitions

You would think that putting the Swap file on an separate Hard Disc would be
faster than same as O/S & if that 2nd HD was on a separate IDE cable faster
still .
But I suspect there would be very...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 10th 07, 06:21 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 92
Location of system and cache partitions

You would think that putting the Swap file on an separate Hard Disc would be
faster than same as O/S & if that 2nd HD was on a separate IDE cable faster
still .
But I suspect there would be very...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 10th 07, 01:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
WIN XP & VISTA 32bit ..How much RAM can I get ?

It worries me that the decorative screen-toy made by the People who
call themselves Very, Very, Small & Soft , Which IMO is clearly
designed to patronize & flatter with baby level statistics ,
is...
Forum: Overclocking March 10th 07, 01:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
WIN XP & VISTA 32bit ..How much RAM can I get ?

It worries me that the decorative screen-toy made by the People who
call themselves Very, Very, Small & Soft , Which IMO is clearly
designed to patronize & flatter with baby level statistics ,
is...
Forum: General March 9th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
My computer won't boot up

Its barely starting ..it would do as it is even without any CPU , Mem
,Graphic card.

It could be anything ..maybe v. small, that's failed & is stopping the
machine from starting.
Get Motherboard...
Forum: Overclocking March 8th 07, 09:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 4
is it worth the time to overclock a pentium 3 to 1ghz for vista ?

You don't give the rest of the sys. spec.
Yes if you have at least 1Gig Ram .
But why bother ??
XP works ok & VISTA will offer no new other features
(that your sys, could use...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 8th 07, 08:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 39
Does pentium d have heat issues?

I nearly took this core D route ...the 3.6 Ghz x 2 can be had for less than
1/2
a C2D E6600 ...
Assuming you check for correct Motherboard (Pentium 4 Type with the extra
mid-board 4 pin power...
Forum: General March 8th 07, 08:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 39
Does pentium d have heat issues?

I nearly took this core D route ...the 3.6 Ghz x 2 can be had for less than
1/2
a C2D E6600 ...
Assuming you check for correct Motherboard (Pentium 4 Type with the extra
mid-board 4 pin power...
Forum: Overclocking March 8th 07, 08:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 39
Does pentium d have heat issues?

I nearly took this core D route ...the 3.6 Ghz x 2 can be had for less than
1/2
a C2D E6600 ...
Assuming you check for correct Motherboard (Pentium 4 Type with the extra
mid-board 4 pin power...
Forum: Overclocking March 8th 07, 07:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
WIN XP & VISTA 32bit ..How much RAM can I get ?

This thread has improved my understanding XP & VISTA 32bit
RAM limitations .
But I'm really quite depressed to find I'm struggling with a situation I
thought
I'd left with Windows 98 ..when I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 8th 07, 07:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
WIN XP & VISTA 32bit ..How much RAM can I get ?

This thread has improved my understanding XP & VISTA 32bit
RAM limitations .
But I'm really quite depressed to find I'm struggling with a situation I
thought
I'd left with Windows 98 ..when I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 7th 07, 10:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
WIN XP & VISTA 32bit ..How much RAM can I get ?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Thanks for the PAE link...But its mostly over my head..
Seeems to come down to "maybe , maybe not" ..after a lot of work
It would be usefull just to have some utility to run &...
Forum: Overclocking March 7th 07, 10:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
WIN XP & VISTA 32bit ..How much RAM can I get ?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Thanks for the PAE link...But its mostly over my head..
Seeems to come down to "maybe , maybe not" ..after a lot of work
It would be usefull just to have some utility to run &...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 7th 07, 09:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
WIN XP & VISTA 32bit ..How much RAM can I get ?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Hi Johns ;)
Much nicer type of person here than on those "ibm. com. games" groups, yes ?

I'm putting new sys together & as will be using 32 bit O/S because of
the...
Forum: Overclocking March 7th 07, 09:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt