Showing results 1 to 25 of 225
Search took 3.69 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Skybuck Flying[_3_]
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 30th 11, 04:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.borland-delphi,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.arch,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.memory,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Replies: 0
Windows (and/or hardware?) does not throttle/distribute/share memory access time/bandwidth.

Hello,

I think there is a bit of a little problem with windows and therefore a
potential weakness/attack vector.

The problem could be/seems to be windows does not throttle
memory/distribute/share...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 29th 11, 01:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 11
Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 chips inward design.

The two harddisks have arrived on the day that william and katie (catetherin
?) married ! ;) =D
(29 april 2011, 2 days after order day 27 april 2011)

Kinda cool.

I wish/hope my harddisks will...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 29th 11, 01:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 1
Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 chips inward design.

The two harddisks have arrived on the day that william and katie (catetherin
?) married ! ;) =D
(29 april 2011, 2 days after order day 27 april 2011)

Kinda cool.

I wish/hope my harddisks will...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 27th 11, 06:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 11
Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 chips inward design.

Ok,

I just ordered these two hitachi drives... I am quite nervous that somebody
might snatch them away and that they then go out of stock...

It will probably be ok on the technical front... if...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 27th 11, 06:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 11
Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 chips inward design.

Chipset drivers could also be an issue for 2 TB drives...

Fortunately I have windows XP which doesn't seem to have these issue's...

However Vista users might be in trouble:

This is information...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 27th 11, 06:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 11
Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 chips inward design.

According to this dude, he uses this board with 1.5 TB drives and he has no
problem (with...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 27th 11, 05:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 11
Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 chips inward design.

Hello,

This seems like a pretty sweet drive to me, especially the 2 Terrabyte
version since it won't have any issue's with the 2.2 barrier limit.

The only thing which bothers me a bit is it's...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 23rd 11, 02:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Replies: 0
! portal 2 review ! plus idea's for portal 3 (time travel ;) =D) (and portal 4 (parallel universe))

Ok Peeps,

I just finished Portal 2, here is my review (hehe that rhymes ;))

Ok I am gonna be straigh up with you, I only played single player, so:

The best thing about Portal 2 (single player) is...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 12th 11, 12:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.borland-delphi,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.graphics.algorithms,comp.graphics.api.opengl
Replies: 3
Little bug in nvidia's sraa algorithm.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
One simple possible explanation which came to mind is nvidia's floating...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 12th 11, 12:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.borland-delphi,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.graphics.algorithms,comp.graphics.api.opengl
Replies: 3
Little bug in nvidia's sraa algorithm.

One simple possible explanation which came to mind is nvidia's floating
points are always limited/clamped to a range of 0.0 to 1.0 therefore the
weights could never go out of range... if that's the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 12th 11, 11:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.borland-delphi,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.graphics.algorithms,comp.graphics.api.opengl
Replies: 3
Little bug in nvidia's sraa algorithm.

Hmm this morning when I woke up I tried to reproduce the supposedly nvidia
bug on my simple little pixel test program and now I am not sure anymore if
it's truely a bug... could be... or maybe...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 12th 11, 03:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.borland-delphi,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.graphics.algorithms,comp.graphics.api.opengl
Replies: 3
Little bug in nvidia's sraa algorithm.

It seems nvidia recently invented something samiliar but for whole scenes
instead of one little pixel like mine ;)

They call it "sraa" which stands for "sub-pixel reconstruction
antialiasing". I...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 10th 11, 12:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Replies: 1
Tripping over stuff...

Sometimes when I play call of juarez I wish I could trip over stuff... like
little things... a cactus, a box, just something... so the ragdoll physics
which come into play when death occurs also...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 7th 11, 11:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
**** Skybuck's Review of Bulletstorm ****

Yo Peeps,

I just finished this shooter called "Bulletstorm".

I saw it on youtube video and it looked good/beautifull so I decided to play
it, even though it used the unreal engine.

You might be...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 4th 11, 12:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Replies: 0

Pretty cool game:

http://www.captainforever.com/captainforever.php

Bye,
Skybuck.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 28th 10, 04:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Tron is back...

Wow what an amazing movie tron 1982 is... I almost can't believe that they
were able to make something like that back then ;)

play time is at 1:19:57 unfortunately now I have to go... so I will...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 28th 10, 02:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Tron is back...

.... yessss.... and it's back in a big way... yessss...

I am enjoying it a lot... everything... the movie (tron (2) legacy).. the
game (tron (1.5) evolution)... the comics (tron betrayal).... the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 7th 10, 09:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.quake3
Replies: 2
Quake 3 Jumppad Bug

After uploading the quake 3 arena jumppad bug video... I felt obligated to
make a nice little action video as well... of me showing how I daily kick
nightmare-bot-ass ! ;) =D LOL.

So I recorded...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 7th 10, 09:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.quake3
Replies: 2
Quake 3 Jumppad Bug

For your enjoyment here is a video of a quake 3 jumppad bug ! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzRx2f7srFw

Bye,
Bye,
Skybuck ! ;) =D
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 15th 10, 02:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Replies: 2
Skybuck's Review of Call of Duty 7: Black Ops (5 out of 5 stars).

Well I was wrong about one thing...

Call of Duty has awesome weapon sounds, and awesome creature sounds in the
zombie mode !

It has awezome nazi doctor sounds... !! ;) :)

And it has an awesome...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 14th 10, 01:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Replies: 2
Skybuck's Review of Call of Duty 7: Black Ops (4.5 out of 5 stars).

Hello People,

I'm a bit tired and feeling a little dizzy/weird but I am gonna write a
review of Call of Duty 7: Black Ops anyway cause you kinda expect it.. don't
you ?! ;) :)

Let me start by...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 28th 10, 06:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,nl.gezondheid.medisch,nl.politiek,nl.wetenschap,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 0
The ultimate "Skybuck Pizza" =D (Pizza Skybuck ! ;) =D)

"I AM THAT I AM" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 08:18:13 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 3rd 10, 03:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Replies: 0
Rocketman the shooter !

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message news:...
A better idea for the rockets could be "proximity rockets".

The rocket has a detection cone in front of it like so:
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 3rd 10, 03:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Replies: 1
Rocketman the shooter !

A better idea for the rockets could be "proximity rockets".

The rocket has a detection cone in front of it like so:
____
____/
/
8=====
\____
\____
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 3rd 10, 03:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Replies: 1
Rocketman the shooter !

Ok peeps,

I just had an idea for a crazy fragfest shooter.

One of the things that I enjoy from Quake3 is floating through the air after
a rocket blast hit me...

So the rocket blast blows me...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 225