Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Robert[_14_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 28th 21, 02:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Robert[_14_]
Do 9v batteries historically suck?

Flasherly wrote in part:
Looks like I killed my multimeter by reversing the polarity to a 9V
transformer I wired into the meter for a replacement power source.

Like I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 19th 20, 06:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Robert[_14_]
"Backblaze Hard Drive Stats Q2 2020"

Paul wrote in part:
HGST is owned by Western Digital.
The category is "Enterprise". 16TB for $577 USD.

They might have done HelioSeal before WDC did.
Unlike regular...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 28th 20, 02:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert[_14_]
CPU coolers aluminium versus copper core

wrote in part:
I have an old HP business desktop that seems to have a
problem with overheating. One has to keep the heatsink
dust-free in order to survive. Now this is an...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 1st 18, 01:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By Robert[_14_]
Slightly off-topic: Tracking Files

Bill wrote in part:
Paul wrote:
To deal with Seamonkey I delete a few things manually.

I AM using Seamonkey too! Are there some things that aren't
getting deleted...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 14th 16, 03:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert[_14_]
My Secondary SATA HD Never Idle...

wrote in part:
My secondary SATA HD is never in idle and keep active all
the time when I don't do any reading or writing.. This

Have you turned off file contents indexing? ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 16th 15, 12:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Robert[_14_]
where goes processors these days?

Yes wrote in part:
It's Spring, and the desire to do a major upgrade of my
pc is growing :-) What is the current thinking about the
processor and its place in...
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6