Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bruce Stephens
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 2nd 09, 11:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 33
Posted By Bruce Stephens
Why are so many PCs now 64bit?

"Dave" writes:

[...]

From a programmer's point of view, it would likely be easier to
modify a 64-bit driver to support a different mouse than it would be
to convert a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 2nd 09, 10:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 33
Posted By Bruce Stephens
Why are so many PCs now 64bit?

"Dave" writes:

[...]

The problem probably boils down to money. See, writing a mouse
driver is very easy. But to write a 64-bit driver, some programmer
would have to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 1st 09, 08:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 33
Posted By Bruce Stephens
Why are so many PCs now 64bit?

John Doe writes:

"Dave" wrote:

[...]

that is Microsoft just keeping up with changes in hardware.

Currently the main reason is to surpass...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors February 18th 08, 06:56 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 10
Posted By Bruce Stephens
Advice on pixmania

Mark writes:

[...]

Tell them you are not returning it under "30 day money back
guarantee" but you are rejecting it under the Sale of Goods Act 1979
(as...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors September 6th 07, 09:30 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 14
Posted By Bruce Stephens
Ebuyer - wtf?

"Trev" trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM writes:

"Bruce Stephens" wrote in message

[...]

I just don't think...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors September 6th 07, 07:56 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 14
Posted By Bruce Stephens
Ebuyer - wtf?

DerekBaker writes:

* Bruce Stephens:

[...]

It's not their choice to make,
Forum: UK Computer Vendors September 6th 07, 06:59 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 14
Posted By Bruce Stephens
Ebuyer - wtf?

Palindrome writes:

[...]

It sounds like you returned it under SOGA as faulty. They have chosen
to repair it.

It's not their choice to...
Forum: General February 4th 07, 10:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Bruce Stephens
Do I have 'SSE Support'?

Jim Howes writes:

[...]

Various other programs will read CPU flags.
I just successfully ran the windows .exe on a Fedora core 6 box. There
is just something...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 4th 07, 10:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By Bruce Stephens
Do I have 'SSE Support'?

Jim Howes writes:

[...]

Various other programs will read CPU flags.
I just successfully ran the windows .exe on a Fedora core 6 box. There
is just something...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors November 25th 06, 07:09 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 36
Posted By Bruce Stephens
Zebra Computers Limited

Jon D writes:

[...]

Isn't sending a reply telling the spammers that the target account
(yours) is active?

No.

IIRC there was some research a year or two ago suggesting that
Forum: UK Computer Vendors September 13th 06, 08:06 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 10
Posted By Bruce Stephens
OT Amazon problem

Dr Teeth writes:

[...]

Did it have an English manual.

Yes. (Well, multilingual.)

They are notorious for selling continental kit, i.e. no English
Forum: UK Computer Vendors September 13th 06, 06:40 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 10
Posted By Bruce Stephens
OT Amazon problem

Dr Teeth writes:

[...]

That's right, but I still won't deal with Pixmania under any
circumstances!

I probably wouldn't buy from them mailorder, no (having...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors September 12th 06, 06:20 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 10
Posted By Bruce Stephens
OT Amazon problem

"Dan" writes:

[...]

Amazon will refund my money, which has surprised me as the cash went
to the seller - they will chase him for the money. I hope he knows
Forum: UK Computer Vendors August 3rd 06, 11:36 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 29
Posted By Bruce Stephens
Another Bad Experience at PC World

Conor writes:

In article , Krustov
says...

[...]

Do you mean you dont use two of the most common and accepted...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14