Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jmDesktop
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 3rd 09, 01:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 33
Posted By jmDesktop
Why are so many PCs now 64bit?

On Feb 1, 10:03Â*pm, "Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)"
wrote:
jmDesktop wrote:
I was looking at a new PC the other day and they were all Vista
64bit. Â*I thought that...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 1st 09, 03:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 33
Posted By jmDesktop
Why are so many PCs now 64bit?

I was looking at a new PC the other day and they were all Vista
64bit. I thought that 64bit was something that was notorious for
problems, lack of drivers, etc. I am speaking only about...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 1st 09, 03:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By jmDesktop
What is the best remote software I can use to help people?

Hi, I was hoping that someone could tell me the best remote control
software. I never know who it will be that needs my help so it would
be something where they download a program on their side and...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 19th 08, 02:19 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By jmDesktop
What does 2x4 backplane mean?

On Sep 17, 3:56*pm, "Squeeze" wrote:
Mike Ruskai wrote

On or about Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:21:21 -0700 (PDT) did...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 15th 08, 07:21 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By jmDesktop
What does 2x4 backplane mean?

on a dell server what does 2x4 backplane mean? thanks.
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 10th 07, 04:44 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By jmDesktop
Hard Drive Repair Question Physical Problem with the drive

On Apr 10, 2:48 am, Arno Wagner wrote:
Previously jmDesktop wrote:
Maxtor 40 GB ide hard drive ata 133 3.5 N 40P. Spins, but I get no
OS. I...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 10th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By jmDesktop
Hard Drive Repair Question Physical Problem with the drive

On Apr 10, 9:39 am, "bealoid" wrote:
On 10 Apr, 02:51, "jmDesktop" wrote:

Drive spins and continues to spin. When I first put power to it I
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 10th 07, 02:51 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By jmDesktop
Hard Drive Repair Question Physical Problem with the drive

Maxtor 40 GB ide hard drive ata 133 3.5 N 40P. Spins, but I get no
OS. I took it out put it in another PC, will not show up as a second
drive (I changed it to be the slave.) I also have a usb to...
Forum: Dell Computers February 7th 07, 06:32 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By jmDesktop
Is Core 2 Duo always faster than non-Core 2 Duo CPUs?

On Feb 7, 10:40 am, "Tom Scales" wrote:
"jmDesktop" wrote in message

On...
Forum: Dell Computers February 7th 07, 02:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By jmDesktop
Is Core 2 Duo always faster than non-Core 2 Duo CPUs?

On Feb 6, 2:29 pm, "Tom Scales" wrote:
I have to say I love my E6600 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo 4mb cache.

Now that's a marketing name.

These are rough estimates, as I haven't...
Forum: Dell Computers February 6th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By jmDesktop
Is Core 2 Duo always faster than non-Core 2 Duo CPUs?

On Feb 6, 9:18 am, RnR wrote:
On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:57:27 -0500, "Tom Scales"
wrote:

"journey" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers February 5th 07, 10:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By jmDesktop
Is Core 2 Duo always faster than non-Core 2 Duo CPUs?

In a notebook or a PC, if a device has Core 2 Duo as the CPU, is it
always going to be faster than the fastest Intel generation chips? I
don't know if that makes sense, but I was looking at a laptop...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12