Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: lars
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 8th 09, 09:08 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By lars
Looking for decent SATA RAID controller

BD wrote:

Hi, all.

I have an Asus M4A79 mainboard, and 4x640GB WDD SATA disks.

The mainboard has RAID controller functionality, but I wasn't able to
get it to work before my patience...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 20th 08, 01:16 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 29
Posted By lars
Recommended hard drive temperature

In short, time well spend reading.
http://www.pdl.cmu.edu/PDL-FTP/Failure/failure-fast07_abs.html
Forum: Storage & Hardrives January 25th 08, 10:21 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By lars
Linux LVM software raid, and SAN question.

Kyle Schmitt wrote:

Software raid to mirror the luns from both sans, and use static
partitions?
Software raid, then LVM ontop of it?
LVM to mirror and handle the whole damned thing?
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 10th 07, 08:58 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 12
Posted By lars
Stick with onboard SATA controller instead of dedicated one, along with seperate 3ware?

Arno Wagner wrote:

Ok, that is for very high availability stuff only. And it is
not RAID in thst strict sense. It is mirrored memory that can
continue to operate through ECC failure. Unless...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 8th 07, 09:35 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 12
Posted By lars
Stick with onboard SATA controller instead of dedicated one, along with seperate 3ware?

Arno Wagner wrote:

RAID for memory? Are you sure you are not talking about ECC,
which is far better for memory? I do not expect this type of really,
really bad engineering out of IBM, unless...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 7th 07, 04:54 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 12
Posted By lars
Stick with onboard SATA controller instead of dedicated one, along with seperate 3ware?

Arno Wagner wrote:

SSDs are close to computer memory. Adding an external RAID layer to
them sounds like a very wrong thing to do to me. Any redundancy
should be done in teh SSD itself.

Forum: Storage (alternative) December 6th 07, 09:13 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 12
Posted By lars
Stick with onboard SATA controller instead of dedicated one, along with seperate 3ware?

markm75 wrote:

I'm brainstorming a new server.. i've decided to go with a 12 drive
case for this one.. which means the 8 port pci-e 3ware card now needs
to be a 12 port..

But.. this...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 15th 07, 01:41 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By lars
harddrive DoD datawipe certificate

oktokie wrote:

I work at company doing asset management and disposition. Often our
customer require harddrive DoD datawipe as option. When our customer
purchases the service, we'd like to...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8