Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ShadowTek
Forum: Ati Videocards May 28th 08, 01:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.elsa,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 0
Posted By ShadowTek
CatchVideo.net - Convert and Save YouTube Videos

There is a an addon in FireFox that can capture YouTube videos.
Although, I can recall at least one time where it wasn't successful,
so I stopped using it. Actually, I was having a BSOD problem that...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 28th 08, 01:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.elsa,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 0
Posted By ShadowTek
CatchVideo.net - Convert and Save YouTube Videos

There is a an addon in FireFox that can capture YouTube videos.
Although, I can recall at least one time where it wasn't successful,
so I stopped using it. Actually, I was having a BSOD problem that...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 15th 08, 12:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By ShadowTek
DVI Signal Not Detected

My 19" Viewsonic VX924 was doing something similar, off and on, over
the course of about a year. It gradually got worse, eventually to the
point where the monitor would not come on at all....
Forum: Overclocking March 13th 08, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 10
Posted By ShadowTek
Sudden Power Off

Can you disable the onboard ethernet in BIOs?

If so, then you could test for a while without it.
Forum: Ati Videocards March 12th 08, 11:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 14
Posted By ShadowTek
Replacing the GPU Heatsink on Radeon X700

Yeah, this is a lot better.
http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=radeonx700withavf900se0.jpg

Full speed with the Zalman sounds a lot better than that little old
screamer.
Forum: Overclocking February 27th 08, 02:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 4
Posted By ShadowTek
Question About a Risky BIOs Flashing

I looked in the BIOS section of the manual, and I don't see a place to set the CPU input clock. The DRAM timing section, allows you to set CAS (but not the other three).

Yeah, that's one of the...
Forum: Overclocking February 27th 08, 02:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 4
Posted By ShadowTek
Question About a Risky BIOs Flashing

I have an MS-7093 motherboad that I got with an HP PC. The HP BIOs
version is stripped all to hell, with nothing more left than the
absolute minimum settings.

Would it be possible to install the...
Forum: Overclocking February 24th 08, 11:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 14
Posted By ShadowTek
Need a decent cooler for a stock Athlon 64 3500.

You'll notice he didn't buy the product. What I'd suggest to you,
is grab a Molex from your computer and look at it. The plastic
has two 45 degree angles on two corners, that function as a...
Forum: Overclocking February 24th 08, 10:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 14
Posted By ShadowTek
Need a decent cooler for a stock Athlon 64 3500.

I happen to have a Molex cable lying on the desk, next to me. The
red wire of the Rosewill cable, goes to the yellow wire on the power
supply. So it is connected to the 12V side of the Molex,...
Forum: Overclocking February 24th 08, 08:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 14
Posted By ShadowTek
Need a decent cooler for a stock Athlon 64 3500.

Do you have details, as to what RPM range the motherboard doesn't
like ?

No, that's what ****es me off. I have gone over the manual, but it
doesn't give any reference to it's limitations....
Forum: Overclocking February 24th 08, 07:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 14
Posted By ShadowTek
Need a decent cooler for a stock Athlon 64 3500.

Your presumption that the BIOS will prevent the PWM version of the ACF 64
Pro from running is wrong. You simply have a non-PWM m/b. Buy the non-PWM
version. The PWM version will work too, just...
Forum: Overclocking February 24th 08, 04:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 14
Posted By ShadowTek
Need a decent cooler for a stock Athlon 64 3500.

OK, now I have a new problem. The BIOs on my motherboard are extremely
limited and do not allow me to disable to RPM monitoring of the CPU
fan. I think this will result in my BIOs preventing my...
Forum: Overclocking February 24th 08, 02:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 14
Posted By ShadowTek
Need a decent cooler for a stock Athlon 64 3500.

Your post make absolutely no sense. Zalman makes Socket 939 coolers that are
over 2 Lbs (the S7700 Cu on my Opteron 185 / A8N-E for example). There's
zero problem with the weight of the cooler...
Forum: Overclocking February 24th 08, 02:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 14
Posted By ShadowTek
Need a decent cooler for a stock Athlon 64 3500.

The AC Freezer 64 works really well. I've got one on a San Diego 4000+ at
2.8Ghz. $20. It cools better than the monster Zalman unit I have the same
unit, and I thought the Zalman was good.

You...
Forum: Overclocking February 24th 08, 12:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 14
Posted By ShadowTek
Need a decent cooler for a stock Athlon 64 3500.

I have an Athlon 64 3500 that runs a little warmer that I would like
it to with the stock cooler. The maximum temp range for this model is
listed as 45 to 65 on the AMD...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 22nd 08, 05:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 27
Posted By ShadowTek
would vidcard problems stop with change to new series of samething?

Can that still be an issue? Could the onboard sound cause a BSOD
blaming win32k.sys and 0x050F?

If you can borrow a sound card from someone, then you wouldn't have to
spend any money, and you...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 22nd 08, 05:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 26
Posted By ShadowTek
would vidcard problems stop with change to new series of samething?

Can that still be an issue? Could the onboard sound cause a BSOD
blaming win32k.sys and 0x050F?

If you can borrow a sound card from someone, then you wouldn't have to
spend any money, and you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 22nd 08, 01:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 27
Posted By ShadowTek
would vidcard problems stop with change to new series of samething?

Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver, and an unknown sound
device.
Unfortunately sound worked fine before I put in the ATI video card,
using the Realtek High Definition Audio....
Forum: Ati Videocards February 22nd 08, 01:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 26
Posted By ShadowTek
would vidcard problems stop with change to new series of samething?

Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver, and an unknown sound
device.
Unfortunately sound worked fine before I put in the ATI video card,
using the Realtek High Definition Audio....
Forum: Ati Videocards February 21st 08, 12:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 26
Posted By ShadowTek
would vidcard problems stop with change to new series of samething?

Also, what should have been my first thought, try a different SATA
cable.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 21st 08, 12:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 27
Posted By ShadowTek
would vidcard problems stop with change to new series of samething?

Also, what should have been my first thought, try a different SATA
cable.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 21st 08, 12:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 27
Posted By ShadowTek
would vidcard problems stop with change to new series of samething?

Is this likely the source of the problem? Or is it the fact it's a
different drive or is IDE instead of SATA masking/bypassing the still
existing root problem?

Maybe your SATA host controller...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 21st 08, 12:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 26
Posted By ShadowTek
would vidcard problems stop with change to new series of samething?

Is this likely the source of the problem? Or is it the fact it's a
different drive or is IDE instead of SATA masking/bypassing the still
existing root problem?

Maybe your SATA host controller...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 20th 08, 12:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 27
Posted By ShadowTek
would vidcard problems stop with change to new series of samething?

Have you tried something like Memtest to test the hardware for
stability while the graphics card is removed?
Forum: Ati Videocards February 20th 08, 12:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati