Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Forum: Storage & Hardrives July 10th 07, 07:51 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
physical space taken by a file on a NetApp

How can I determine the physical amount of space taken by a file on a
NetApp (WAFL)?
Forum: Storage & Hardrives June 26th 07, 06:26 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Overhead of metadata block

On Jun 25, 10:36 am, "
wrote:
On Jun 24, 2:55 am, wrote:

On Jun 23, 8:12 pm, Faeandar ...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives June 24th 07, 08:55 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Overhead of metadata block

On Jun 23, 8:12 pm, Faeandar wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 15:13:33 -0700, wrote:
If I have a 4K block size file system, what is the overhead of the
Forum: Storage & Hardrives June 23rd 07, 11:13 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Overhead of metadata block

If I have a 4K block size file system, what is the overhead of the
space taken by the metadata block for a file?

Forum: Storage & Hardrives June 6th 07, 03:23 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
time to read meta data on 300TB

Hi,
How long would it take (on a decent NAS filer) to read the meta data
for 300TB of data via NFS?

I know the answer varys for different vendors, but im just looking for
a ballpark... Assuming...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives May 29th 07, 11:07 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
space consumed by raid6

How much overhead does raid6 add? If I had 300GB of data, how much
overhead would be added by the raid6 implementation? Does this also
depend on how much data I have? Will the overhead change if I...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives April 28th 07, 06:10 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
very large databases

Hi... we are considering storing images in our database and the number
of images can be quite large...

So the other option is to store the images as files and point to them
from the DB...

To make...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives February 20th 07, 06:25 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
ILM products (Kazeon) and Windows Explorer

On Feb 18, 4:28 pm, Faeandar wrote:
On 18 Feb 2007 12:28:09 -0800, "

wrote:
On Feb 17, 1:13 pm, Faeandar...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives February 16th 07, 07:40 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
ILM products (Kazeon) and Windows Explorer

Hi,
How do ILM products like kazeon that migrate files to alternate
storage deal with Windows Explorer that do directory listings and try
to open each and every file to read the data (for...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9