Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 1.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Makhno
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 25th 08, 02:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 21
Posted By Makhno
Nvidia 9600GT Font Rendering Looks Terrible

By the way, you said that you were turning your resolution back DOWN
to 1600 x 1200, from 1290 x 1200. That is wrong terminology. You are
turning the resolution UP to 1600 x 1200, from...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 25th 08, 02:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 21
Posted By Makhno
Nvidia 9600GT Font Rendering Looks Terrible

I activated the ClearType and things do look better. However at
1920*1200 resolution the typeface isn't black, white, or any consistent
color. Each character is made up of several different...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 25th 08, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Makhno
7600 gt any good

7600 gt any good ????

I used the AGP version of the 7600GS in 2006 and was quite impressed
with the power/price ratio. The power hasn't changed, but the price must
be even cheaper now.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 15th 08, 01:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Makhno
2x8800 Driving 4 monitors

That's not a complex set-up, no problems unless you skimp on the other
required items such as robust power supply, proper high end mobo and
CPU.

Not a problem, however, I've had problems...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 15th 08, 12:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Makhno
2x8800 Driving 4 monitors

Hello there,
We're thinking of using a machine equipped with 2 8800GTX graphics cards
to drive 4 monitors; 2 per card.
I wondered if anybody has experience of doing this? Not just Windows
desktop...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 7th 08, 06:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 12
Posted By Makhno
8600 gt refresh rate problem

i dont have another video card. i have onboard graphics.

but as you told...i did set the resolution to lowest available i.e
800*600 @60Hz.

then again i inserted the new card....

Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 3rd 07, 08:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Makhno
Dual Monitor Questions

Does SLI work with multi-monitors?
If so that's relatively recent, it doesn't work with the 8800GTX.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 28th 07, 12:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 11
Posted By Makhno
Any 8800GTX users?

HotRdd wrote:
Is anyone here using the 8800GTX? If so can you please try to answer a
couple questions?

1) Does it support dual monitors?

Yes, but if you have two cards you can only use one...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 18th 07, 10:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 11
Posted By Makhno
Temporary/cheap replacement for a Nvidia 7900GT?

Pickled wrote:
I've tried underclocking it and still I get the problems, also I've
tried cleaning the fan, removing the heatsink and applying arctic
silver with zero difference.

Unless...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 14th 07, 10:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Makhno
162.50 WHQL Win XP (GeForce 6-7-8)

Yes, you can coolbits with the 162.50
Yes, you can still use the classic control panel with the 162.50 by
googling a simple registry addon.
Yes, digital vibrance works.
Yes, you can select...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 4th 07, 08:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Makhno
8800GTX & 162.18 Video problems

I have the same issue. I found on a forum that if you start the
Display Optimisation Wizard, then cancel out, it resolves the issue.
Until you reboot. Bit irritating...

I'll stay with 158.22...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 30th 07, 12:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Makhno
8800GTX & 162.18 Video problems

Just a note to people running

WinXP
8800GTX
Driver 162.18

Upon upgrading from 158.22, I found that some video would now longer
work - eg some AVIs or WMV files.
Took me a little while to find the...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors December 10th 06, 11:44 AM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 10
Posted By Makhno
New PC

I'd rather drive
somewhere (in the UK) and buy it than use mail order.

I'm sorry if you know this, but you get more rights with a mail
order/online purchase.

Possibly, but it doesn't feel...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors December 9th 06, 07:48 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 10
Posted By Makhno
New PC

Hello,
I'm looking for a new PC to replace my laptop but can't seem to find exactly
what I want. I'm just after a basic barebones system with single 3GHz
processor with PCI-Express motherboard and...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14