Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Old Guy
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 17th 07, 05:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By Old Guy
Show me your Temps..

wrote:
Just curious what your temps are.

6800GS
Zalman VF900
Standard Clock Speed
Ambient-25c
Idle-42c
Load-55c
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors March 11th 07, 05:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 4
Posted By Old Guy
eVGA 7600GS for HDTV HT

Wes Newell wrote:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:11:05 -0500, Old Guy wrote:

Any issues / problems with using this card for HDTV home theater? Any
issue with 1366 x 768?

Shouldn't be any...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors March 11th 07, 05:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 0
Posted By Old Guy
eVGA 7600GS for HDTV HT

Any issues / problems with using this card for HDTV home theater? Any
issue with 1366 x 768?

The card is going into a PC that currently using onboard video from a
nVidia 6100 GPU. (Ath 3700 San...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors March 11th 07, 05:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 4
Posted By Old Guy
eVGA 7600GS for HDTV HT

Any issues / problems with using this card for HDTV home theater? Any
issue with 1366 x 768?

The card is going into a PC that currently using onboard video from a
nVidia 6100 GPU. (Ath 3700 San...
Forum: General March 11th 07, 04:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By Old Guy
eVGA 7600GS for HDTV HT

Any issues / problems with using this card for HDTV home theater? Any
issue with 1366 x 768?

The card is going into a PC that currently using onboard video from a
nVidia 6100 GPU. (Ath 3700 San...
Forum: General March 11th 07, 02:42 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 92
Posted By Old Guy
Location of system and cache partitions

Rod Speed wrote:
Old Guy wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Old Guy wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Assuming the other IDE devices aren't used...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 11th 07, 02:42 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Rod Speed wrote:
Old Guy wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Old Guy wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Assuming the other IDE devices aren't used...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 11th 07, 02:42 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Rod Speed wrote:
Old Guy wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Old Guy wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Assuming the other IDE devices aren't used...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 11th 07, 04:43 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 92
Posted By Old Guy
Location of system and cache partitions

Rod Speed wrote:
Old Guy wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Assuming the other IDE devices aren't used full-time, I'd opt to put the HD with the pagefile on
the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 11th 07, 04:43 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Rod Speed wrote:
Old Guy wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Assuming the other IDE devices aren't used full-time, I'd opt to put the HD with the pagefile on
the...
Forum: General March 11th 07, 04:43 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Rod Speed wrote:
Old Guy wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Assuming the other IDE devices aren't used full-time, I'd opt to put the HD with the pagefile on
the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 11th 07, 04:39 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 92
Posted By Old Guy
Location of system and cache partitions

John Doe wrote:
Old Guy wrote:

John Doe wrote:

The more RAM, the bigger the swap file?
Apparently making an assumption about the reason you have more
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 11th 07, 04:39 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

John Doe wrote:
Old Guy wrote:

John Doe wrote:

The more RAM, the bigger the swap file?
Apparently making an assumption about the reason you have more
Forum: General March 11th 07, 04:39 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

John Doe wrote:
Old Guy wrote:

John Doe wrote:

The more RAM, the bigger the swap file?
Apparently making an assumption about the reason you have more
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 11th 07, 03:16 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 92
Posted By Old Guy
Location of system and cache partitions

John Doe wrote:
Old Guy wrote:

I didn't see any reference to the operating system in use. If its
Linux, IIRC a swapfile is required. I think the recommendation...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 11th 07, 03:16 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

John Doe wrote:
Old Guy wrote:

I didn't see any reference to the operating system in use. If its
Linux, IIRC a swapfile is required. I think the recommendation...
Forum: General March 11th 07, 03:16 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

John Doe wrote:
Old Guy wrote:

I didn't see any reference to the operating system in use. If its
Linux, IIRC a swapfile is required. I think the recommendation...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors March 11th 07, 03:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 13
Posted By Old Guy
Is AMD64 X2 4200+ a 64bit processor?

shikari shambu wrote:
On Mar 10, 8:27 pm, Old Guy wrote:

Why are you considering going to Vista? Changing to Vista is not an
upgrade its a migration to crap.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 11th 07, 02:53 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 92
Posted By Old Guy
Location of system and cache partitions

Rod Speed wrote:
John Weiss jrweiss98155nospamatnospamcomcastdotnospamnet wrote
Joe S wrote...

QUESTION ONE
For performance, is it better to configure the HDD...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 11th 07, 02:53 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Rod Speed wrote:
John Weiss jrweiss98155nospamatnospamcomcastdotnospamnet wrote
Joe S wrote...

QUESTION ONE
For performance, is it better to configure the HDD...
Forum: General March 11th 07, 02:53 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Rod Speed wrote:
John Weiss jrweiss98155nospamatnospamcomcastdotnospamnet wrote
Joe S wrote...

QUESTION ONE
For performance, is it better to configure the HDD...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors March 11th 07, 02:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 13
Posted By Old Guy
Is AMD64 X2 4200+ a 64bit processor?

Old Guy wrote:
shikari shambu wrote:
Hi,
I have a HP Pavilion a1357c which has AMD64 X2 4200+ processor. My
understanding is that it is a 64bit processor.

My machine is running...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors March 11th 07, 02:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

shikari shambu wrote:
Hi,
I have a HP Pavilion a1357c which has AMD64 X2 4200+ processor. My
understanding is that it is a 64bit processor.

My machine is running Windows XP Media Center...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 10th 07, 08:43 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 92
Posted By Old Guy
Location of system and cache partitions

Joe S wrote:
I run XP Pro.
My mobo does not support SATA.
I have several hard drives. All my HDD's are PATA and 133 MBps

My operating system partition is on the primary master HDD.
I...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 10th 07, 08:43 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt