Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: P
Forum: Dell Computers April 23rd 07, 09:38 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By P
Removing Cover

Tharpa Roberts wrote:
Whereas all my other pcs had screws holding on the cover, my dell
computer has rivets.

I have a dvd r/w that I want to install. How do i get the cover off
without...
Forum: Dell Computers April 17th 07, 09:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By P
Memory question

wrote:
I have an sx270 (amongst others) and i am trying to buy some memory
for it. The retailer has told me to find out from Dell if it can take
the 128 x 64...
Forum: Dell Computers March 4th 07, 09:46 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By P
monitor

"alphadec" wrote in message
what is best

2007wfp 20"

or 207wfp 22"

Forum: Dell Computers February 22nd 07, 11:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 0
Posted By P
Latitude D505 and 2007WFP

I have a Latitude D505 laptop with a maximum external VGA resolution of 1600
x 1200.

I want to buy a bigger external monitor - I'm looking at the 2007WFP, with a
resolution of 1680 x 1050.

Will...
Forum: Dell Computers January 31st 07, 02:25 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 33
Posted By P
Brother wants to buy D420: Any owners here?

wrote:
Any D420 owners here?

I've brought some for clients.

The D420 is really nice if you want the smaller size. It's not a desktop
replacement. The media slice which comes as...
Forum: Dell Computers October 29th 06, 12:33 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 16
Posted By P
Is My battery on the way out

MZB wrote:
I probably would use a Dell branded replacement. Wonder if I can get
one cheaper than thru the Dell site

I tried that earlier this year, and Dell UK were the cheapest for a D505...
Forum: Dell Computers October 23rd 06, 01:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By P
You can try to get help he

wrote:
I have had numerous poor experiences with dell recently on 2
inspirons. It has taken 6 months to work to a resolution and we are
getting there. Some contacts that...
Forum: Dell Computers October 13th 06, 12:57 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By P
Keyboard replacment

wrote:
My laptop had hot cocoa spilled on the keyboard and after a
substantial drying off period it restarts but the scroll lock key
will activate itself as if it were ...
Forum: Dell Computers October 2nd 06, 10:45 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 27
Posted By P
Questions about setting up a wireless network at home.

Leigh wrote:
I want to buy a Linksys wireless router WRT54GS to replace the SMC
router. What is needed to be uninstalled with the SMC router before I
change it with the Linksys...
Forum: Dell Computers September 18th 06, 12:43 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By P
dell laptop battery shopping

Kevin M wrote:
Any particular reason you exclusively recommend the Dell?

In my case, a replacement Dell original battery was the cheapest option by
about 30%. ymmv.

Pete.
Forum: Dell Computers September 12th 06, 08:46 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By P
Mouse won't get recognized...

Anita Hotmann-Nowe wrote:
this may seem like a dumb question but, does grc's unpnp activated
have anything to do with the computer not recognizing my mouse?

xpost removed

This may seem like a...
Forum: Dell Computers August 24th 06, 10:34 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By P
Network Cable Question

Von Fourche wrote:
So, what kind of cable do I need for this long connection?

Cat 5 network cable - comes in reels of 305metres. The maximum length of a
single cable (plug to plug) is...
Forum: Dell Computers July 24th 06, 04:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By P
battery care

wrote:
I have a new Inspiron E1505 which has a Lithium Ion battery. Is this
the kind that will work better if I let it completely drain before
charging, or is it best to...
Forum: Dell Computers July 14th 06, 05:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By P
Replacing a drive in a Dell 8400 Desktop

Michael Hobbs wrote:
This machine has what I believe to be a flaky drive and I want to
replace it. I am willing to buy XPP full install- but from where can
I download the drivers? I "believe"...
Forum: Dell Computers July 11th 06, 10:33 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By P
Video Display w/MS Flight Sim 9 (FS9)

Harry Gordon wrote:
When I start my FS9, the splash screen flashes as does the main screen
whenever I press the ALT key or F10 for example. I have tried various
combinations of antialiasing and...
Forum: Dell Computers July 8th 06, 11:46 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By P
question about Dell cases, do they rivet them closed?

miket6065 wrote:
I have a 4600 desktop and the power supply died on me. I ordered a
new power supply but when I went to open the case those allen head
screws that I thought were being used...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16