Showing results 1 to 25 of 139
Search took 7.65 seconds.
Forum: Printers August 6th 08, 12:42 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
How can I Connect a HP laserjet to a PC running windows XP with a network cable

Is it possible to
connect the printer to the computer with a network cable. or will we
have to but a proper printer cable?

In theory if you have a router, with a spare port,
then it might be...
Forum: Printers August 5th 08, 12:30 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
epson black cartridges

I can provide you with a free Epson Cleaning Guide if you wish it.

Or follow the advice of our resident troll, and you will never ever
have a clogging/cleaning problem again.
Forum: Printers August 4th 08, 09:53 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Has my trusty 5MP hit the scrapheap?

I found the page on Fileshare but the actual manual doesnt appear to be on
it.
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/ might be a better bet.
Probably not worth spending on an old printer, unless you
can...
Forum: Printers August 4th 08, 08:35 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Has my trusty 5MP hit the scrapheap?

Is this machine dead or is there some internal fuse somewhere which could
have tripped?

ESI have free download of the manual, and supplements
Try putting laserjet 5mp in the search box and HP as...
Forum: Printers August 3rd 08, 04:18 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Advice please with HP950c problem

That awful grating sound is the carriage gears slipping. Check
that nothing is impeding the carriage movement.

With most printers if you can get the carriage to move from the
parked position it...
Forum: Printers August 2nd 08, 07:31 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
epson black cartridges

Running on Mac OSX which is a major hurdle in itself. I do not see
headcleaning utility.

Some Epson user guides tell you how to initiate a head clean
from the control panel.
Mine says if you...
Forum: Printers August 1st 08, 11:44 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Why three "Letter" settings on HP 5000 Tray 2?

Can anyone explain what the difference is?

As I change from one Letter setting to another, I notice that the
little black tabs on the left side that press on the metal sensors
Forum: Printers July 23rd 08, 11:59 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Poor Toner Yield

Try to determine if the "empty" cartridge is really empty. If not, I'd
look to the toner level monitoring system.

Some HP service manuals give the full weight of their OEM
cartridges and the...
Forum: Printers July 22nd 08, 11:45 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Epson printhead's codes

Does anyone have the code numbers of the Epson printheads?

You need the Epson Service Manual for that model, it gives
assembly/disassembly, circuit diagram, waveforms, adjustments,
eprom map,...
Forum: Printers July 19th 08, 08:48 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.computer,uk.rec.video.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
DVD Cover

Can anyone advise what type of glossy paper (weight wise) is about
right for the DVD covers that go inside the plastic on the outside of
the DVD? e.g. 100gsm, 120gsm?

Some of the DVDs I...
Forum: Printers July 16th 08, 05:41 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
erasable ink?

I need to draw an extensive set of guidelines on 24lb. HP Bright White
inkjet paper and dont want to do this by hand as it's very
time-consuming.
Guidelines will obviously need to be...
Forum: Printers July 10th 08, 11:56 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
DVD Printing corrupts data

DVDs have their light
sensitive layer in the middle of the DVD disk

And a reflective surface, AFAIK this may be
under the top layer.
Forum: Printers May 27th 08, 09:17 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
25-Pin Male to 25-Pin Male for Epson Printer TM-T888 IV

I am trying to install this printer to my main computer. It came with
a serial port to be connected to my computer. Unfortunately, my serial
port is being used by another printer. So I...
Forum: Printers May 7th 08, 12:05 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
character set generator

I would like to print upside down characters with our ESC/P compatibel
printers ( Epson LQ 680, Oki 390 FB etc. ) from a command line
application.

If it's only a small number of copies...
Forum: Printers May 6th 08, 09:32 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
HP LaserJet 5 - empty toner cartridge - please help

Need suggestions for what to do with empty toner cartridges.

They seem to be classified as hazadous waste, but a
few charity shops still accept them for recycling, so
it's worth enquiring.
Put...
Forum: Printers April 21st 08, 04:43 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Epson Stylus Color 460 and XP64

Anyone got the above to work on an 64bit system.
The crap MS generic driver drives the printer but
lacks the option for custom user defined paper
sizes, and less important ink level monitoring.
I've...
Forum: Printers January 14th 08, 09:44 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Laserjet 4000 printing too far down the page

On 14-Jan-2008, Tony wrote:

You can't adjust the printer, it isn't possible.
If the changes cannot be made from the printer driver you will need to
find an
Forum: Printers December 7th 07, 12:09 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
reliable fusers for multifunction printers

On 7-Dec-2007, Tony wrote:

I suggest you do the cheapest thing and
replace the printer.

A sign of the times, and the decline in quality.
My Canon SX based...
Forum: Webcams December 3rd 07, 02:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Toshiba P205-S6327 Web Cam Problem

On 3-Dec-2007, "ticvic" u39559@uwe wrote:

then Device Manager and have not located any
reference to a cam.

I'd ask the vendor, or contact Toshiba who should
have a helpline.
If it's not seen...
Forum: Printers November 25th 07, 12:22 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
A follow-up question for the experts on Inks, CIS and CFS

On 25-Nov-2007, "Yianni" wrote:

Is it a good idea to stock up on cartridges from ink supply houses

OEM cartridges often have a "Use By" data. They can be
used well after...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 20th 07, 09:46 PM Posted to comp.protocols.tcp-ip,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.internet.p2p,alt.internet.providers
Replies: 49
Posted By [email protected]
Internet Speed has to increase with a factor of 1000 the next fitheen years ! ;)

On 20-Nov-2007, "tony h" wrote:

Why? Nobody is pushing full HD (1080P) at more than about 40Mb/s (and
most broadcasts are at half that). Whatever the justification for
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 20th 07, 12:03 PM Posted to comp.protocols.tcp-ip,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.internet.p2p,alt.internet.providers
Replies: 49
Posted By [email protected]
Internet Speed has to increase with a factor of 1000 the next fitheen years ! ;)

On 20-Nov-2007, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:

In fitheen years time this will need to be:
500 MByte/Sec Down.
100 MByte/Sec Up.

Should be achievable. Todays backbone speeds
are...
Forum: Printers November 19th 07, 04:45 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Printing on 5x8 Index Card Stock on HP4700dn

On 19-Nov-2007, MrGBojangles wrote:

I need help on printing on 5x8 inch Index Card stock on our networked
HP 4700dn printer.
Before we moved the location we could...
Forum: Printers November 11th 07, 12:11 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone had printer problem inaccuracy with Photoshop CS3?

On 11-Nov-2007, "Ron" wrote:

Users with this problem report dark muddy looking prints that in no way
matches the screen image.

Just a thought, sure it's not a Gamma...
Forum: Printers November 8th 07, 10:05 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
HP 3015 Laser ghost printing and toner smearing

On 8-Nov-2007, wrote:

As the subject line reads, if I print something as simple as a text
document, the text is "ghost printed" a second [and third time].

Additionally,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 139