Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ...winston
Forum: General January 18th 17, 12:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 15
Posted By ...winston
Complaint about Microsoft criminal misuse of Telephone system

"Norm X" wrote in message ...
Whether we are talking Supreme Court or action taken by the Department of
Justice, is a non-issue, in light of antitrust action...
Forum: General January 17th 17, 12:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 15
Posted By ...winston
Complaint about Microsoft criminal misuse of Telephone system

"Norm X" wrote in message ...
At one point the Supreme Court under the Sherman Act, was about to
split up Microsoft into smaller pieces, because of market...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 17th 14, 06:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8,free.usenet,free.spirit
Replies: 59
Posted By ...winston
Windows 8.1 File Manager always opens to "This PC"?

John Doe wrote, On 6/16/2014 8:07 PM:
Nothing of significance (pretty much like BD, Tony, etc.)

Two rules:
- Only applications can be pinned to the task bar.
- Files can be pinned to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 17th 14, 01:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8,free.usenet,free.spirit
Replies: 59
Posted By ...winston
Windows 8.1 File Manager always opens to "This PC"?

John Doe wrote, On 6/16/2014 5:45 PM:
Nobody has asked for clarification of my question.

Based on your approach that probably a good sign that no one cares.

--
...winston
msft mvp consumer...
Replies: 59
Posted By ...winston
Windows 8.1 File Manager always opens to "This PC"?

Nil wrote, On 6/16/2014 1:39 PM:
On 16 Jun 2014, "...winston" wrote in
alt.comp.os.windows-8:

Look closely,

That's not gonna happen.

they follow those two...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 16th 14, 06:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8,free.usenet,free.spirit
Replies: 59
Posted By ...winston
Windows 8.1 File Manager always opens to "This PC"?

John Doe wrote, On 6/16/2014 1:00 AM:
Two reply authors in this thread have already pointed out how to
put an icon on the taskbar that causes (pre-8.1) file manager to
open to a specified...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 16th 14, 05:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Replies: 59
Posted By ...winston
Windows 8.1 File Manager always opens to "This PC"?

John Doe wrote, On 6/15/2014 11:02 PM:
"...winston" winstonmvp gmail.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I just tried. It works correctly in 32-bit Windows 7.

Doesn't work here.

You...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 16th 14, 01:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8,free.usenet,free.spirit

John Doe wrote, On 6/15/2014 3:20 PM:
I just tried. It works correctly in 32-bit Windows 7.

Persistent moron...

Doesn't work here. A drive shorcut is pinned to Explorer on the Taskbar
in...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 16th 14, 01:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8,free.usenet,free.spirit
Replies: 59
Posted By ...winston
Windows 8.1 File Manager always opens to "This PC"?

John Doe wrote, On 6/15/2014 3:18 PM:
I don't want a shortcut in the jump list, I want the shortcut/icon
on the Taskbar. And when I click on the Taskbar icon, I don't want
a duplicate icon...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 15th 14, 08:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Replies: 59
Posted By ...winston
Windows 8.1 File Manager always opens to "This PC"?

John Doe wrote, On 6/14/2014 10:12 PM:
I tried taking a file manager shortcut from a prior installation
(probably worked in Windows 8.0). Put it on the desktop. Pinned it
to Start. From Start,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 3rd 14, 09:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 9
Posted By ...winston
Stop Windows Retarded from changing folder columns?

John Doe wrote, On 6/3/2014 4:18 PM:
Is there a way to stop Windows 7 from changing folder columns when
you happen to copy or move certain files into a folder?

That IMO is one of the most...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 14, 09:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,free.usenet,free.spirit
Replies: 28
Posted By ...winston
OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

John Doe wrote, On 5/31/2014 11:38 PM:
Please get back on topic...

What topic ? You titled the thread as OT and reported the original
concern as 'gone'
"But whatever it was is gone,
Hotmail...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 14, 08:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 28
Posted By ...winston
OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

Good Guy wrote, On 5/31/2014 11:04 PM:

On 01/06/2014 03:47, Steve Hayes wrote:
How many are actually working?

Hotmail is so unreliable that there must be thousands, if not millions of
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 14, 08:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 28
Posted By ...winston
OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

Steve Hayes wrote, On 5/31/2014 10:47 PM:
On Sat, 31 May 2014 20:22:09 -0400, "...winston" wrote:

David wrote, On 5/31/2014 3:30 PM:

I didn't realize anyone was...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 14, 01:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 28
Posted By ...winston
OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

David wrote, On 5/31/2014 3:30 PM:
At Fri, 30 May 2014 19:50:34 -0700, Loren Pechtel rearranged some
electrons to write:

On Thu, 29 May 2014 19:05:50 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 30th 14, 05:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 28
Posted By ...winston
OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

John Doe wrote, On 5/29/2014 3:05 PM:
Doesn't necessarily require an update from Microsoft for something
to get messed up in Windows. Surprise. It could be a new piece of
software. It could be...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 29th 14, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 28
Posted By ...winston
OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

John Doe wrote, On 5/29/2014 5:48 AM:
BobbyM masseyNOSPAM hotmail.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Maybe related... In the Hotmail tab when there is a new
message, I see a new message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 5th 14, 08:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 6
Posted By ...winston
An option to NOT show zip files as expanded in Windows 7 Explorer?

John Doe wrote, On 5/5/2014 12:58 PM:
"...winston" winstonmvp gmail.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

The zipped folder icon is different. If not visible,
reconfigure Win7's Windows...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 5th 14, 08:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 6
Posted By ...winston
An option to NOT show zip files as expanded in Windows 7 Explorer?

John Doe wrote, On 5/5/2014 3:08 AM:
I recently had trouble recognizing the fact that a download was
actually a compressed file. Not likely to happen again, but maybe
an option to prevent...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 6th 14, 12:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,free.usenet,free.spirit
Replies: 49
Posted By ...winston
Smartphone to PC file transfer?

John Doe wrote, On 4/4/2014 7:25 PM:
What I really need the information, the question will be more specific,
since it's obviously being lost...

Good luck.

--
...winston
msft mvp consumer...
Replies: 49
Posted By ...winston
Smartphone to PC file transfer?

John Doe wrote, On 4/4/2014 1:46 PM:
Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.
My next smartphone...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 14, 09:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Replies: 14
Posted By ...winston
Create a bootable ISO image file from a bootable CD/DVD?

Gene E. Bloch wrote, On 1/4/2014 2:55 PM:
On 1/04/2014, David posted:
At Fri, 03 Jan 2014 02:48:47 -0500, Paul rearranged some electrons to
write:

On 1/3/2014 1:27 AM, John Doe...
Forum: Dell Computers December 5th 13, 12:45 AM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 9
Posted By ...winston
Backup pgm to clone disk

mike wrote, On 12/4/2013 5:51 PM:
On 12/4/2013 1:17 PM, ps56k wrote:
I have used Acronis on my XP machines for years
to clone disks - to migrate to larger disks.
I'm lucky to have Dell...
Forum: Printers September 19th 13, 08:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 28
Posted By ...winston
Can't print photos from Windows 8 (64-bit)

Gene E. Bloch wrote:
On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 18:17:43 -0400, ...winston wrote:

In your original post...you noted it was connected via ethernet
- connected via router, hub, etc ?

The...
Forum: Printers September 18th 13, 11:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 28
Posted By ...winston
Can't print photos from Windows 8 (64-bit)

"David Rance" wrote in message ...

There are no error messages. The info window says that it is sending the
file to the printer and, if I click on the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28