Showing results 1 to 25 of 127
Search took 0.27 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gerry_uk
Forum: Cdr May 5th 07, 05:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 20
Posted By Gerry_uk
Mike Richter & "Lethal for archiving"

Hi smh,

The writing of the LastAccessed timestamp is not done in "idle" time, it
starts as soon as you perform file read operations on the disk. Updating
accessed time on removable media is...
Forum: Cdr May 5th 07, 01:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 20
Posted By Gerry_uk
Mike Richter & "Lethal for archiving"

Hi smh,

The post from "Marc" is not related to what I'm talking about. He's
talking about when the files get burned with a time stamp that is the
time the file was written to disk, instead of the...
Forum: Cdr May 5th 07, 12:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 20
Posted By Gerry_uk
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Packet Writing (mastering)

Hi smh,

In order to be called DVD-RAM drive, the defect management is performed
by the drive. Bear in mind that the "defect management" is nothing more
than verify the write and then relocate...
Forum: General May 5th 07, 12:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Gerry_uk
Quad Core Xeon plus Dual Core Xeon?

Hi,

I managed to get confirmation from Dell UK. The website is "wrong". It
lets you choose processor pairs that don't match.

It seems their web designers are not capable of programming...
Forum: Cdr May 2nd 07, 11:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 20
Posted By Gerry_uk
Mike Richter & "Lethal for archiving"

Hi smh,

One sync program I used had some problem with InCD's "Non-Allocatable
Space". Doesn't Live UDF have a special file like that?

I know about the "Non-Allocatable list" or what ever it's...
Forum: Cdr May 2nd 07, 11:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 20
Posted By Gerry_uk
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Packet Writing (mastering)

Hi smh,

Vista. I found using 2.01 to be reliable. It's well worth the move to
2.01 anyway, some operations are faster.

So the "slow" part is only with udf 1.50 as reported in the below...
Forum: Cdr May 1st 07, 10:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 20
Posted By Gerry_uk
Mike Richter & "Lethal for archiving"

smh wrote:

In fact it's LETHAL, according to snip Mike
Richter:

I'm currently using about 2Gb of programming and distro files on DVD-RAM
and have a synch program at both ends that only...
Forum: Cdr May 1st 07, 10:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 20
Posted By Gerry_uk
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Packet Writing (mastering)

Hi smh,

"Live UDF" of Vista supports read/write UDF 1.02, 1.50, 2.01, 2.5. The
*default* UDF version on CD/DVD is 2.01. You can format in UDF 1.50 for
compatibility with older packet writing...
Forum: General April 28th 07, 08:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Gerry_uk
Quad Core Xeon plus Dual Core Xeon?

Hi Paul,

When I try to "customize" from the link you gave, it's completely
different to what I was seeing on the UK "premiere" login site, in fact
the list of processors on offer isn't even the...
Forum: General April 28th 07, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Gerry_uk
Quad Core Xeon plus Dual Core Xeon?

Hi Kony,

The Premiere login (referenced in my original post) requires a password
at the FIRST page, you can't give a URL "just before the order".

Most of the Dell site will only work when you're...
Forum: Cdr April 26th 07, 05:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 20
Posted By Gerry_uk
Packet Writing in Windows Vista!

Hi,

Packet writing is where your CD or DVD drive gets a drive letter and you
can read/write files just like any other hard drive, thumb drive etc.

I've done extensive testing of UDF packet writing...
Forum: General April 26th 07, 04:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Gerry_uk
Quad Core Xeon plus Dual Core Xeon?

Hi Paul,

The reason there's no URL is because my Dell site is a secure site for
ordering, but I can explain how to get to a similar page with the same
choices:

Go to the main Dell website, choose...
Forum: General April 25th 07, 11:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Gerry_uk
Quad Core Xeon plus Dual Core Xeon?

Hi,

I was recently looking at Dell servers and note their recommended config
is two sockets - with Quad core in one and Dual in the other.

Obviously this is somewhat non-symmetrical?

Any idea why...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 11th 06, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Gerry_uk
scsi hdd can't be seen when installed a ati rage 128 on pci slot

Hi,

You need to give the EXACT error message and describe the screen where
you see it. "System Halted" and "Cannot load operating system" are two
different things.

"System Halted" is usually a...
Forum: Cdr December 3rd 06, 01:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 3
Posted By Gerry_uk
DVD-RAM, UDF 2.x, Daylight Saving, TimeStamp

Hi Dave,

I'm fairly sure you'll find this is related to your issue of the files
not comparing properly. The fix algorithm is somewhat complex and has to
account for copy to and from different file...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 3rd 06, 01:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By Gerry_uk
Professional grade DVB-T digital TV tuner card?

Hi,

DVICO products are most certainly NOT toys. The FusionHDTV 5 Gold,
http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/eng/Products/RTGold.aspx , should do what
you want without problems.

It looks interesting,...
Forum: Cdr December 1st 06, 10:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 3
Posted By Gerry_uk
DVD-RAM, UDF 2.x, Daylight Saving, TimeStamp

Hi,

If you FileSynch to a FAT volume (e.g. Data Stick) or UDF 1.5 CD-RW
there's a problem with daylight saving and file date/time stamps.

If you do a backup in the summer, then do a FileCompare in...
Forum: Cdr December 1st 06, 10:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 5
Posted By Gerry_uk
Is Plextor Plextools worth installing with a Plextor drive ifyou already have Nero 7?

Hi,

Nero 7 is the bloat, Plextools is excellent and uses far less system
resources. The only annoyance with Plextools is that it won't run
without Admin rights. I wrote to them about it at least...
Forum: General December 1st 06, 10:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Gerry_uk
Professional grade DVT-T digital TV tuner card?

Hi Paul,

It's not just with recording, I mean I'm not even happy with what I'm
seeing on the screen, just watching it. You get trails with fast action,
but when I connect the external DVB-T box...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 1st 06, 10:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Gerry_uk
Professional grade DVT-T digital TV tuner card?

Hi Paul,

It's not just with recording, I mean I'm not even happy with what I'm
seeing on the screen, just watching it. You get trails with fast action,
but when I connect the external DVB-T box...
Forum: General December 1st 06, 02:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Gerry_uk
Professional Grade Sound Card?

Thanks Tim,

Well, in a "top" recording studio, the PC would just serve as the
control/interface to the good stuff; rackmount or discrete

Good point!

M-Audio
Lynx Studio
EMU
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 1st 06, 02:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Gerry_uk
Professional Grade Sound Card?

Thanks Tim,

Well, in a "top" recording studio, the PC would just serve as the
control/interface to the good stuff; rackmount or discrete

Good point!

M-Audio
Lynx Studio
EMU
Forum: General December 1st 06, 01:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Gerry_uk
Professional grade DVT-T digital TV tuner card?

Thanks Paul,

What aspect of your current viewing experience, isn't adequate ?

It's hard to explain, but I'm not happy with my current "toy" TV card
which is "Compro Videomate". There's some kind...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 1st 06, 01:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Gerry_uk
Professional grade DVT-T digital TV tuner card?

Thanks Paul,

What aspect of your current viewing experience, isn't adequate ?

It's hard to explain, but I'm not happy with my current "toy" TV card
which is "Compro Videomate". There's some kind...
Forum: General December 1st 06, 12:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Gerry_uk
Professional Grade Sound Card?

Hi,

Does anyone know of a professional grade sound card for PCI, PCI-X, the
kind of thing you'd find in a top recording studio? No fancy features,
just good A/D converters and a clean signal...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 127