Showing results 1 to 25 of 166
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Robert E. Watts
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 6th 09, 12:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 6
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Farewell old friend PB ----------

Hello "kraut" !

( interesting name :-)

Sad story..... and unusual. I doubt that many people have been actually
using a PB after all these years.
Congrats.

If I were you, I would suspect the...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers April 23rd 09, 12:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert E. Watts
New life for the Packard Bell brand name

Hi Ben !

Thanks for the news. Saw this when you posted it.

As far as repairs being a nightmare, have to agree, except for the very late
PB machines that used plain 'ol ATX stuff in ugly...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers January 3rd 09, 12:49 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 21
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Heeelp Plse !!? Error "windows cannot find file $Mft." (Packard Bell 3500 Store & Save )

Hi philo !

"philo" wrote in message

Out of curiosity here since some of the posts no longer appear on my
server...
I saw...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers December 25th 08, 02:03 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert E. Watts
LPX motherboard booted up

Hi Ben !

( you have my email )

I would tend to doubt that an Intel FX chipset board would recognize an AMD
chip, but stranger things happen. Interesting that it supports down to 2.2V
also.

I...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers December 25th 08, 02:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 21
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Heeelp Plse !!? Error "windows cannot find file $Mft." (Packard Bell 3500 Store & Save )

Hi Bill !

Good to see that you "get out" occasionally, and are not *chained* to the
IBM PS/2 NG. :-)

Interesting take on Mr. Blues problem. I discounted a hardware problem,
because when plugged...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers December 23rd 08, 02:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 21
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Heeelp Plse !!? Error "windows cannot find file $Mft." (Packard Bell 3500 Store & Save )

Hi Mr. Blue

Sorry I haven't gotten back to this sooner.....although I have given it a
bit of thought.

After re-reading your post, I realize this is not a PB problem, but a data
recovery problem....
Forum: Packard Bell Computers December 20th 08, 01:12 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 21
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Heeelp Plse !!? Error "windows cannot find file $Mft." (Packard Bell 3500 Store & Save )

Hello Mr. Blue !

Fair enough, please accept my apologies.
(I'll explain later )
But fortunately, your second message was dead on, and accepted. It's great
to see new posters, and you defused the...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers December 20th 08, 12:18 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 21
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Heeelp Plse !!? Error "windows cannot find file $Mft." (Packard Bell 3500 Store & Save )

Wow.

I take it from your message that since the rest of us were working and busy
during the day, and haven't come to your aid yet, we are drivel that don't
matter, and should immediately end our...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers December 17th 08, 12:56 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert E. Watts
LPX motherboard found

Hi Ben !

Very interested. Be interesting to know exactly what board you have,
especially since it's an Intel board.

Moribund eh........ ? ¿

I thought everyone was just practicing apathy. Or maybe...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers December 3rd 08, 02:32 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert E. Watts
got one!

Hello "philo" !

Well, don't keep us in suspense !

( it's bad enough the ng is almost dead ..... )

What did you get EXACTLY ?¿! Both.
Details. Pictures.

bobwatts
Forum: Packard Bell Computers November 30th 08, 08:13 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert E. Watts
PB system seen

Hi Ben !

Wow. Glad to see you're back. I heard you had left the planet.

bobwatts
EartH/KlaXXoN

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Forum: Packard Bell Computers October 17th 08, 11:16 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Synera

Hi Post !

I wondered if this group was still alive.

:-)

Thanks !

bob
Forum: Packard Bell Computers September 14th 08, 11:35 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 16
Posted By Robert E. Watts
PB 486 'cruising the net

Hello William !!!!!!!!!!

"William R. Walsh"
wrote in message news:br1zk.341627$yE1.278136@attbi_s21...
Hi!

PB 486 does not like the POD...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers September 7th 08, 12:00 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert E. Watts
old Packard Bell 486 - Windows 3.1 question for those who still remember how to use it

Hello!

Open Win 3.1, Program Manager, select Options

Make sure that "Save settings on Exit" is checked.

Make sure that PM is full size when closing Windows.

Let me know if that fixes it.
Forum: Packard Bell Computers September 5th 08, 01:23 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 16
Posted By Robert E. Watts
PB 450 motherboard

"metronid" wrote in message

Is he using an Intel ODP 63 or 83MHZ
They all say 100mhz on boot for the above
but that is just the bios .
Still works as as ODP in mine.
There was a floppy with my ODP...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers September 3rd 08, 11:20 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 16
Posted By Robert E. Watts
PB 450 motherboard

Hi Ben!

"Ben Myers wrote in message
There is some possibility that the absence of cache memory on the 450
motherboard is the reason the POD with interposer would not work properly.
Stay
Forum: Packard Bell Computers September 3rd 08, 01:05 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 16
Posted By Robert E. Watts
PB 450 motherboard

Hi "met" !

"metronid" wrote in message:

My first packardbell had the 450MB
I still have the interposer
The POD worked with it.
The bios for the PCI card version will work for the ISA...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers September 1st 08, 01:35 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 16
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Comprehensive answer

HI Ben !

First off, thanks for your replies, I always look forward to them.

Hope you and the rest have a good holiday tomorrow!

Gonna reply to all he

****************
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 31st 08, 09:16 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 16
Posted By Robert E. Watts
PB 486 'cruising the net

"Robert E. Watts" wrote in message

Anyone know why the volume is so low I can barely hear it on my "World
Class
Packard Bell" sound...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 31st 08, 03:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Synera

Hi Gang ! ( again )

Picked up a PB Synera the other day. Desktop case.

Pentium 120, blah blah...........

Does the Synera "name" indicate that *used* parts were used in the
construction of these...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 31st 08, 10:07 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Packard Bell 486 Legend 38CD Supreme

Hi Ben !

( I was hoping I would stir things up a bit :-)

Inserting as I go....

"Ben Myers" wrote in message...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 31st 08, 12:25 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Packard Bell 486 Legend 38CD Supreme

Hi Gang !

Have found a few more PB's to add to the collection lately, but the most
important one is an "Art Deco" desktop 486 machine.

It's a Packard Bell Legend 38CD Supreme. Originally came with...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 1st 08, 12:45 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert E. Watts
WIN98SE question

"kraut" wrote in message

i did and it did

Thank you, appreciate the response.

bobwatts
Forum: Packard Bell Computers July 31st 08, 01:05 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert E. Watts
Update

Hi GanG !

"Robert E. Watts" wrote in message
Hi Gang !

Has anyone ever had a Packard Bell version of Windows 98 running,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 166