Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ed jurewicz
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 2nd 08, 02:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By ed jurewicz
mouse problems

I have been experiencing problems with my microsoft wireless intellimouse
xplorer 2.0. I am using it with an abit ip35 pro motherboard, core 2 duo
processor and wireless desktop elite keyboard. I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 07, 05:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By ed jurewicz
power supply on new build w old power supply

I am trying to build a computer for a friend on the cheap using recycled and
rebate parts. I have a new winfast motherboard (939) and an antec power
supply with the older connector that has four...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 30th 07, 03:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By ed jurewicz
windows media shutdown

I am having a series of problems with dvds I am outputting. I have a msi
neo4 platinum with a 4.4 x2 amd processor, three gigs of ram, an ati 1950
pro card , a wd 500g system disk, a wd 300g video...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 23rd 07, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By ed jurewicz
ASUS Tech/RMA Support

The board is an A8N-E. I was rather pleased with it until the problems
started. I am not interested in SLI and this board fit my needs rather well
plus I had fairly good results with previous asus...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 22nd 07, 03:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By ed jurewicz
ASUS Tech/RMA Support

Right now I am working on my third replacement motherboard. from them A
couple of months ago while transferring some files the board just died.
Called and emailed asus with the only result being...
Forum: Dell Computers February 22nd 07, 02:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By ed jurewicz
To sell or not

If you have use for a memory card reader, there are devices that house both
a memory card reader and floppy drive. That way you have access to your
memory cards and have the floppy reader in...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 31st 06, 03:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By ed jurewicz
lost ability to play mpeg audio

Just an update. The playback problem seems to be isolated to windows media
player. I can play back dvds w audio using the nero player. In an attempt to
correct the situation I rolled back windows...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 31st 06, 03:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By ed jurewicz
lost ability to play mpeg audio

I seem to have lost the ability for mpeg audio playback on my desktop
computer. I have an asus a8ne motherboard with an amd 64 3500 cpu using a
creative soudblaster platininum 2z soundcard. Dvds...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 06, 05:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By ed jurewicz
Computer starting on its own

Some time ago I had a similar problem. After a lot of trial and error, I
isolated (but did not identify the exact source of the problem) to the
symantec suite. Once I pulled symantec off of the...
Forum: Dell Computers December 14th 06, 02:20 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 25
Posted By ed jurewicz
Laptop specs for college?

I second that idea . I just completed my PHD and one of the best things I
did was buy a stripped down fuji laptop with no inboard cd and floppy drive.
By the time you buy a credible desktop...
Forum: Dell Computers November 4th 06, 04:01 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By ed jurewicz
college student laptop recommendations ?

You might want to check at the school and see if they have a discount
arrangement with the law school from a computer manufacturer. A lot of
schools have recommended requirements for student...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 3rd 06, 03:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 0
Posted By ed jurewicz
dvd problems

Thanx for the replies.

I learned a long time ago that cable select was not a stable solution for
wd drives. The two wd drives are set up as master and slave on the primary
but I also have...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 3rd 06, 12:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By ed jurewicz
dvd problems

I have an A8V with an AMD 64 3000, a 100g wd ide system drive and an 80g wd
ide storage drive running win xp p pro sp2. This is my son's system and he
is having trouble with his dvd drive. When the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 12th 06, 08:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By ed jurewicz
A8N-E any good?

After answering a similar post to this months ago with a positive review,
my a8ne went south on me. Lost the hard disk controllers one by one while I
was working on a deadline. Also had problems...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 23rd 06, 08:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By ed jurewicz
nvidea drivers

Recently I installed the recommeded 91.31 video driver from the nvidea site
for my 6600 gt video card. I now am receiving upon every boot-up a notice
that SLU multiple-GPU rendering has been...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 21st 06, 07:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By ed jurewicz
testing power supplies

Does anyone know of a detailed how to on testing power supplies. I have some
experience wit multimetters but that was in another life before a long and
grinding recent journey through a doctoral...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 21st 06, 06:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By ed jurewicz
a8n-e forum

I had a link for an independent user forum for the a8n-t motherboard but
some how lost it. Can anyone supply this link?

Thanks in advance.
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17