Showing results 1 to 25 of 68
Search took 0.56 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: sdlomi2
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 13th 09, 01:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By sdlomi2
use old win xp pro on new hm-bilt comp

snip

Your old activation code is only good for your old machine. Just install
XP clean on the new one and activate it. If XP has been activated 3 times
already you will need to call to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 13th 09, 12:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By sdlomi2
use old win xp pro on new hm-bilt comp

I just assembled a pc, different brand & updated version h-ware, from
present one I assembled and used exclusively for last 9 years. Using legit
Win XP Pro, Academic version, as wife is hs-math...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 18th 08, 11:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By sdlomi2
CPU Fan Failure.... PC shutting down ... and then it does...

"David Sontag" wrote in message
I am building a system ...on powerup I get CPU Fan Failure.... PC
shutting down ... and...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 7th 08, 09:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By sdlomi2
Cannot install, suggestions?

"Thomas Andersson" wrote in message
noname wrote:
I moved the HD to my working XP system and ran smart test on it
through...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 7th 08, 09:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

noname wrote:
I moved the HD to my working XP system and ran smart test on it
through...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 31st 08, 09:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Posted By sdlomi2
Beware NewEgg Rebate come-ons

snip
This is true. Clever. It also motivates me to write all I can about it
on various forums I patronize. I am a pc enthusiastic (nut). I belong
to LOT of forums. I'll try to get my money's...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 23rd 08, 08:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By sdlomi2
cloning question

"~AlicGinnis~" wrote in message
Problem: 200 megs left on 5 gig drive. Using Acronics, can I clone the
drive to an...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 23rd 08, 09:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By sdlomi2
Question: If a SATA optical drive

"TM" wrote in message
is said to have a "standard computer power connector" does that mean the
typical "molex"-type four-pin...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 23rd 08, 09:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By sdlomi2
need help....system won't boot

"Matthew" wrote in message
I have a new build but I can't get the system to boot into the bios... and
the motherboard...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 19th 08, 11:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By sdlomi2
Budget performance office system: $600, e7200 + eVGA 112-CK-NF75-K1 ?

"DanKegel" wrote in message
I'm doing my once-every-couple-of-years build-new-system-for-wife
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 2nd 08, 06:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By sdlomi2
Removing PSU fan?

"chhjposter" wrote in message
Ah, then you may be lucky by just removing the 40mm fan if you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 1st 08, 02:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,misc.forsale.computers.other.misc,misc.consumers
Replies: 23
Posted By sdlomi2
Where to Find Old Hardware?? Looking for Maxtor One Touch External HDD!

"Prisoner at War" wrote in message

Hi, I'm looking for the old Maxtor One Touch external HDD...
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 1st 08, 02:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,misc.forsale.computers.other.misc,misc.consumers
Replies: 23
Posted By sdlomi2
Where to Find Old Hardware?? Looking for Maxtor One Touch External HDD!

"Prisoner at War" wrote in message

Hi, I'm looking for the old Maxtor One Touch external HDD...
Forum: General May 1st 08, 02:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,misc.forsale.computers.other.misc,misc.consumers
Replies: 23
Posted By sdlomi2
Where to Find Old Hardware?? Looking for Maxtor One Touch External HDD!

"Prisoner at War" wrote in message

Hi, I'm looking for the old Maxtor One Touch external HDD...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 28th 08, 01:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By sdlomi2
Ping: Paul

"Paul" wrote in message ...
sdlomi2 wrote:
Hey Paul, what's your idea of using this docker instead of enclosures?
Thx in advance, sdlomi2
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 27th 08, 08:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By sdlomi2
Mobo button battery question

"Gabriel Knight" wrote in message
Hi all

I have put together a pc from spare parts I got the mobo that someone
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 27th 08, 08:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By sdlomi2
CPU speed help

"Gabriel Knight" wrote in message
Hello Dave Im using a Shuttle AK31V20 mobo for this CPU and the mobo is
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 27th 08, 07:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By sdlomi2
Windows settings

"housetrained" wrote in message
Is it IE7? yes? go to 'tools' - 'delete browsing history' then delete
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 26th 08, 03:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By sdlomi2
Ping: Paul

Hey Paul, what's your idea of using this docker instead of enclosures? Thx
in advance, sdlomi2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153066&Tpk=hard%2bdrive%2bdocking%2bstation...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 17th 08, 08:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By sdlomi2
Need to build a new puter

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Jack wrote:
I need to setup a new computer rather quick and since my last built
was almost 5 yrs ago, I have been out...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 13th 08, 10:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By sdlomi2
forgot password

"John Doe" wrote in message
"sdlomi2" sdlSPAMomi2 yahoo.com wrote:

"vips" vipingu gmail.com wrote in...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 13th 08, 06:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By sdlomi2
Stupid Question WIFI

snip

Fred: I just want to hook up two computers wirelessly and connect to
the Internet via my DSL provider. My new PC has wifi. do I need to use
this or should I just use a router and a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 13th 08, 05:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By sdlomi2
forgot password

"vips" wrote in message
I forgot the password for logging on to windows. Can anyone help me
how can i...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 13th 08, 05:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By sdlomi2
forgot password

"vips" wrote in message
I forgot the password for logging on to windows. Can anyone help me
how can i...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 13th 08, 08:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By sdlomi2
Did I just destroy this mb?

"RobV" wrote in message
RobV wrote:
Nick Mirro wrote:
This machine was being replaced entirely.

Still, I had...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 68