Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 1.46 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Harry331
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 29th 09, 06:59 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By Harry331
cleaning a SATA drive

Soccer Dad wrote...

I suppose this could be a general post about any HD, but the drive in
question is a SATA.

We had a SATA installed on a computer that may have been infected with
a virus,...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 6th 09, 08:18 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By Harry331
How long does a USB KeyFOB Last?

Justin wrote...

For instance, if I write a bunch of junk on a USB key, and just let it
sit in a box somewhere - how long will it last?
A year?

I have a 500 MB USB key sitting for more than 3...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 14th 09, 08:40 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Harry331
What software to restore a True Image 6 image ?

natric wrote...

Hello,

I have to restore a .tib image done with Acronis True Image 6 under
Windows 98. It's an image coming from an old dead PC : so, impossible to
redo any other kind of...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 21st 08, 11:52 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By Harry331
Help usb win98

ReconRyan wrote...

I have an older Gateway running win98 and wanted eventually to get a
usb drive to save files for a new computer. I have installed a 4 port
usb hub but nothing I plug into it...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 23rd 08, 07:43 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By Harry331
copying files off of SATA Laptop Drive

wrote...

My son's Dell Studio 17 won't boot after a recent vista upgrade. the
suggestion is to use the recovery dvd, which will wipe out his data
files (no, he did not back...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 28th 08, 06:03 AM Posted to alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 23
Posted By Harry331
Please recommend backup software for xp x64 that is quick.

Gary S. Terhune wrote...

I answered the OP's question, plain and simple.

Here is the OP's question.

Is there software that is as fast as just copying and pasting
folders in explorer but...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 28th 08, 05:53 AM Posted to alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 23
Posted By Harry331
Please recommend backup software for xp x64 that is quick.

Gary S. Terhune wrote...

I answered the OP's question, plain and simple. Copy/Paste is NOT a form of
"backup software." Get your terminology straight.

Google "definition backup...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 28th 08, 05:41 AM Posted to alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 23
Posted By Harry331
Please recommend backup software for xp x64 that is quick.

Gary S. Terhune wrote...

I answered the OP's question, plain and simple. Copy/Paste is NOT a form of
"backup software." Get your terminology straight.

So you want to stick your ****ing head to...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 28th 08, 05:32 AM Posted to alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 23
Posted By Harry331
Please recommend backup software for xp x64 that is quick.

Gary S. Terhune wrote...

I answered the OP's question, plain and simple. Copy/Paste is NOT a form of
"backup software." Get your terminology straight.

And what has your answer anything to do...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 28th 08, 01:34 AM Posted to alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 23
Posted By Harry331
Please recommend backup software for xp x64 that is quick.

Gary S. Terhune wrote...

Yes, Google is your friend, but only if you are asking the right question,
and you have the question wrong. The question was: "Please recommend backup
software for xp...
Forum: Cdr August 3rd 08, 01:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software
Replies: 17
Posted By Harry331
Trying to explain cause of CD corruption

anonymousNetUser wrote...

I agree. However, the regulator has asked for an explanation. In this
industry, when a regulator asks for something, you provide it.

I have had experience burning CD...
Forum: Cdr August 2nd 08, 05:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software
Replies: 17
Posted By Harry331
Trying to explain cause of CD corruption

anonymousNetUser wrote...

I work in Compliance for a manufacturing company in a HIGHLY regulated
industry and I've inherited this problem. I now have to explain how it
happened to a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 29th 08, 04:50 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 31
Posted By Harry331
partitioning through usb port app

jkerouac wrote...

I need to partition a 250GB HD using a usb to ide adapter on a win98se
system. My usual partitioning tool will not work on a drive connected
via a usb port.

Try gparted -...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 27th 08, 09:38 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By Harry331
WD mybook causes blue screen of death - help please.

wrote...

I tried plugging in the HD to another laptop which it had never been
plugged into before, but got the blue screen of death right away
again.

So does anyone...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 4th 08, 05:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By Harry331
Dual Boot on Vista Dell Laptop and recovery partition?

Sam wrote...

"Harry331" wrote in message

I think Dell believed that YOU will screw up the hidden partition(s)
by...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 4th 08, 05:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

"Harry331" wrote in message

I think Dell believed that YOU will screw up the hidden partition(s)
by...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 3rd 08, 05:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By Harry331
Dual Boot on Vista Dell Laptop and recovery partition?

Sam wrote...

I was talking to Dell tech support the other day, no, she was not in India
;-) and I asked what would be the state of the recovery partition on the new
Dell laptop if I installed...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 3rd 08, 05:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By Harry331
Dual Boot on Vista Dell Laptop and recovery partition?

Sam wrote...

I was talking to Dell tech support the other day, no, she was not in India
;-) and I asked what would be the state of the recovery partition on the new
Dell laptop if I installed...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 3rd 08, 05:08 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By Harry331
UDF 4GB filesize limit?

31415bob wrote...

I am truying to burn a file that is 4.2 GB in size onto a dvd-r. I am
using windows xp pro with InfraRecorded. I have tried settign the
file system to UDF, but for some...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 6th 07, 05:07 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 30
Posted By Harry331
Hard disk crashed - where is my 50-digital WinXP installation id?

-Lost wrote...

1. Imaging software.

Acronis True Image

2. Methods of restoring a disk and/or taking an existing disk to
another computer.

- for resto Acronis True Image
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 5th 07, 01:54 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 30
Posted By Harry331
Hard disk crashed - where is my 50-digital WinXP installation id?

Erica Eshoo wrote...

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 21:52:31 GMT, Harry331 wrote:
or restore from backup's (which is what many of us did).

Do you REALLY backup your ENTIRE operating system?

And,...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 4th 07, 09:52 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 30
Posted By Harry331
Hard disk crashed - where is my 50-digital WinXP installation id?

Erica Eshoo wrote...

Your only choice is to reinstall the operating system (which is what I
did).

Be forwarned!

or restore from backup's (which is what many of us did).

Be prepared (for...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 11th 07, 06:23 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 12
Posted By Harry331
Increasing size of my OS partiton?

Terry Pinnell wrote...

I'd appreciate some advice on increasing the size of my OS partition
(C:) please. Not only is it getting a bit short of working space, but
for some reason it appears I...
Forum: Cdr October 10th 07, 04:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.cd-rom,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,comp.publish.cdrom.software
Replies: 10
Posted By Harry331
Creating 2000 DVDs - How ?

wrote...

Hi all.

My alma mater is going to have its 100 birthday bash next month. We
have already produced a documentary of our school, and would like to
burn 2000 DVDs to...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 13th 07, 12:25 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 12
Posted By Harry331
NEW HDD?

nj wrote...

hi,
I had 2 hard drives in my desktop. One died ( 40gb), and the other
still lives (an IBM 12GB, DESKSTAR TITAN 3.5' Ultra ATA).

I lost my windows and everything on the 1st one....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31