Showing results 1 to 25 of 42
Search took 2.98 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rick[_5_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 27th 12, 03:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By Rick[_5_]
Homegrown Gaming PC

On 11/26/2012 2:00 PM, Eidelmaim wrote:
Hey Guys...

Its been a while since i last posted here, But i am at it again. i am on
a new build for my personal pleasure and would like some advice of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 14th 12, 04:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Rick[_5_]
Temperature Monitor?

On 11/13/2012 9:36 PM, Justin wrote:
Is there a good open source laptop temperature monitor for Windows 7?

Justin
Did you check the disk that came with your MOBO? I have a temp monitor...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 4th 12, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Rick[_5_]
This seems like a good buy on a network switch

On 9/1/2012 11:32 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
"Rick" wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:

This seems like a good buy. I needed another network port.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 2nd 12, 03:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On 9/1/2012 4:37 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
This seems like a good buy. I needed another network port.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122111

It seems a little high to me. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 23rd 12, 01:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Rick[_5_]
problem with windows 7 install and RAID drivers

On 8/22/2012 3:09 PM, Chuck wrote:
I'm attempting to install Win7 64 on a system running a gigabyte
GA-MA78GM-S2H... I've downloaded the AMD SATA RAID Drivers for Win 7 64 from
gigabyte's...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 13th 12, 03:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Rick[_5_]
Boot Windows XP straight to the desktop, without a login prompt?

On 7/12/2012 10:09 PM, John Doe wrote:
Is there a way to bypass the Windows XP login prompt?

I tried this.

http://thepcteks.com/node/10

But now I get the same prompt except with...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 10th 12, 08:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 44
Posted By Rick[_5_]
Windows 8

On 7/10/2012 2:01 PM, geoff wrote:
It will go on sale soon, meaning, no more win 7. So, are we all excited
to run a tablet OS on a desktop?

will never use win8 until they get rid of the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 8th 12, 07:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 38
Posted By Rick[_5_]
Can't boot XP off new SATA drive

On 7/8/2012 11:09 AM, Rebel1 wrote:
When partitioning the new drive, I failed to specify one as a primary.
Apparently the 8 MB of unallocated space at the front of the drive gave
me the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 8th 12, 07:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 38
Posted By Rick[_5_]
Can't boot XP off new SATA drive

On 7/8/2012 10:56 AM, Rebel1 wrote:
On 7/8/2012 10:03 AM, Yousuf Khan wrote:

There are several possibilities that come to mind:

(1) You have to mark new boot partition as "active"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 8th 12, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 38
Posted By Rick[_5_]
Can't boot XP off new SATA drive

On 7/8/2012 10:44 AM, Rebel1 wrote:
On 7/8/2012 10:38 AM, Rick wrote:
On 7/8/2012 5:24 AM, Rebel1 wrote:
My present working configuration has two physical ATA drives. The master
is a WD...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 8th 12, 03:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 38
Posted By Rick[_5_]
Can't boot XP off new SATA drive

On 7/8/2012 5:24 AM, Rebel1 wrote:
My present working configuration has two physical ATA drives. The master
is a WD 500GB drive partitioned at C:, E:, F:, H:, and I:. The slave is
a Seagate...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 6th 12, 06:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 55
Posted By Rick[_5_]
Computer Attacked

On 7/6/2012 12:04 PM, Searcher7 wrote:
I was looking up a wrestler via Google image links when some malicious
software took over my system. (Which is why I'm writing this from the
library).

Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 12, 11:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 20
Posted By Rick[_5_]
Replacing the c: drive

On 6/30/2012 1:56 PM, Rebel1 wrote:
I'm want to replace the c: drive because of various annoyances (e.g.,
not being able to shut Windows if any instances of Windows Explorer are
open) that are...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 12, 11:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 34
Posted By Rick[_5_]
need RAM recommendation - please help

From: "Adam"

Host OS: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
Guest OS: Windows XP Pro SP3

"glee" wrote in...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 12, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 34
Posted By Rick[_5_]
need RAM recommendation - please help

On 6/30/2012 8:39 AM, glee wrote:
"Adam" wrote in message
Need RAM recommendation for the following motherboard ...

- ASUS M5A99X...
Forum: General June 29th 12, 01:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Rick[_5_]
Is overclocking genuinely useful?

On 6/28/2012 2:51 PM, Rick wrote:
On 6/28/2012 1:13 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 06/27/2012 10:10 PM, Doc wrote:
I currently have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L mobo with a Core2 Duo 2.33 gig
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 29th 12, 01:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

On 6/28/2012 2:51 PM, Rick wrote:
On 6/28/2012 1:13 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 06/27/2012 10:10 PM, Doc wrote:
I currently have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L mobo with a Core2 Duo 2.33 gig
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 28th 12, 08:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Rick[_5_]
Is overclocking genuinely useful?

On 6/28/2012 1:13 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 06/27/2012 10:10 PM, Doc wrote:
I currently have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L mobo with a Core2 Duo 2.33 gig
processor. The CPU is just under specs for...
Forum: General June 28th 12, 08:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Rick[_5_]
Is overclocking genuinely useful?

On 6/28/2012 1:13 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 06/27/2012 10:10 PM, Doc wrote:
I currently have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L mobo with a Core2 Duo 2.33 gig
processor. The CPU is just under specs for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 27th 12, 04:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Rick[_5_]
Linux. It's safer because it's a pain in the rear.

On 6/26/2012 4:12 PM, John Doe wrote:
But seriously.

I've been doing Windows for ages. Never had a real problem to do
with security. Apparently Linux developers don't really care about
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 23rd 12, 08:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Rick[_5_]
Networking

On 6/23/2012 1:20 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
I have a Linksys WRT 54GS. It has been stored for a year, but it was
working when I stopped using it.

I just switched to Cable. When I plug the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 18th 12, 02:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Rick[_5_]
looking for any motherboard OK for Phenom 4x + ddr2 up to 16GB

On 6/18/2012 3:52 AM, Setup.exe wrote:
Hi

I have found those models, but few people sail it on ebay
Is there a most foundable model with the spechs described in the subject ?

m4n78 pro
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 1st 12, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Rick[_5_]
A question about solid state drives

On 5/1/2012 1:56 PM, Bug Dout wrote:
writes:

You will quickly run out of space if you run both the OS and programs
on the SSD.

How do you know that? You don't...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 1st 12, 06:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Rick[_5_]
A question about solid state drives

On 5/1/2012 2:22 AM, wrote:
What's the difference between:

installing your OS and all your programs on the SSD

and:

using the SSD as a cache drive?

If both options...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 27th 12, 02:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Rick[_5_]
inside of a harddrive

On 4/26/2012 7:10 PM, jinxy wrote:
On Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:36:40 AM UTC-4, Flasherly wrote:
On Apr 25, 12:02 am, wrote:

Hard drives hate FOD. ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 42