Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: General September 29th 07, 10:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
DCM-202 firmware

D-Link has released a new firmware for the DCM-202 cable modem. The
firmware is supposed to enable the modem to use Comcast's Powerboost to
speed downloads. I'd like to install it, but I don't know...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 16th 07, 10:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware,comp.os.linux.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By [email protected]
Repair Windows XP

In , on 08/12/07
at 07:40 AM, johannes said:

Why do Linux users want everybody to use Linux? Windows users...
Forum: General August 16th 07, 10:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware,comp.os.linux.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By [email protected]
Repair Windows XP

In , on 08/12/07
at 07:40 AM, johannes said:

Why do Linux users want everybody to use Linux? Windows users...
Forum: General June 24th 07, 09:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Lost Partitions

In , on 06/22/07
at 01:16 PM, "TDS" said:

Have a 300 GB drive that was partitioned into three separate drives. Came
back from...
Forum: Matrox Videocards June 17th 07, 09:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
LCD monitor and G450

Can a Matrox G450 be used with a 1280x1024 LCD monitor?

Thanks,

Alan

** Please use address alanh77[at]comcast.net to...
Forum: General June 8th 07, 10:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 51
Posted By [email protected]
Lightning protection

You can get a full house surge suppressor installed by an electrician to
protect against surges, but nothing will protect against a direct or close
lightning strike, i was told.

Alan

--...
Forum: General April 11th 07, 08:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
recover data

In , on 04/07/07
at 09:56 PM, "Skeleton Man" said:

I'm well aware of the limit.. and it's FAT32 for a reason, so I can...
Forum: General February 23rd 07, 09:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
leave 'puter on, or turn off?

In , on 02/23/07
at 06:29 AM, "Rod Speed" said:

Turn it off, the HDDs should power down anyway

Not anymore. That is no...
Forum: General February 23rd 07, 09:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
leave 'puter on, or turn off?

In , on 02/22/07
at 12:11 PM, "Rod Speed" said:

Unlike the glory days of FidoNet, when my board got calls
for mail as well as...
Forum: General February 22nd 07, 12:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
leave 'puter on, or turn off?

For many moons, it was said that it was better to leave computers running
24/7 rather than turning them off and on. This was supposed to extend the
life of the hard drive(s) and other hardware. Is...
Forum: General February 18th 07, 12:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
adding RAM to Abit KX7-333

What is required to add RAM to a KX7-333 motherboard? I currently have
512 meg of PC2700 RAM (two 256 meg sticks.) I want to add a 1 gig PC2700
stick. The motherboard should handle 1.5 gig of RAM...
Forum: General February 6th 07, 10:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 39
Posted By [email protected]
A partition table repairer

Check out DFSEE at www.dfsee.com - I believe it can repair partition
tables. It's shareware, but there's great support from the program writer
in the DFSEE Yahoo group.

Alan

--...
Forum: General July 11th 06, 11:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Turn my PC off?

In , on 07/12/06
at 06:44 AM, "Rod Speed" said:

Lately I've just been leaving it on all the time.

Yeah, I leave mine on all the...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13