Showing results 1 to 25 of 87
Search took 1.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: WooHoo2You
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 7th 07, 02:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By WooHoo2You
TigerDirect rebate scam

"Nil" wrote in message
I bought a whole system's-worth of components about a year and a half
ago, and most of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 6th 07, 08:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By WooHoo2You
TigerDirect rebate scam

"WooHoo2You" wrote in message
Yes rebates are problematic, however I like to go with them. Most people
do not spend the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 6th 07, 08:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By WooHoo2You
Crucial Deliveries

"Stuart B" wrote in message
On 30th May I ordered one stick of memory from Crucial in East
Kilbride which is local...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 6th 07, 08:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By WooHoo2You
TigerDirect rebate scam

"John Doe" wrote in message
Didn't take long until I figured out that rebates were problematic.
Doesn't take...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 13th 07, 06:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By WooHoo2You
Fluorescent light wakes computer

"Weltanscha" wrote in message
I have a desktop fluorescent light next to my computer,
and I noticed that,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 6th 07, 07:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By WooHoo2You
Are Pentium D Processors Worthless?

"Mike T." wrote in message
Most apps. that home users are running on windows do not take advantage of
extra...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 27th 07, 07:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.basics
Replies: 7
Posted By WooHoo2You
PC Monior issues

"Bhagat Gurtu" wrote in message
To restore your monitor just download image of an 1152x862 pixel sized
pussy from...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 20th 07, 04:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By WooHoo2You
Cheap full-time "downloader"

"Andrew Smallshaw" wrote in message
One option to consider is a mini-ITX system. I've got one sitting
here that's...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 19th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By WooHoo2You
Cheap full-time "downloader"

"kony" wrote in message
I have an aftermarket CPU cooler, which is much quieter then the AMD's
original. I have five other fans...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 19th 07, 09:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By WooHoo2You
Cheap full-time "downloader"

"kony" wrote in message
I have an aftermarket CPU cooler, which is much quieter then the AMD's
original. I have five other...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 18th 07, 09:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By WooHoo2You
Cheap full-time "downloader"

"kony" wrote in message
It seems like the first thing you need is better heatsinks
or case cooling so your present system is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 18th 07, 08:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By WooHoo2You
SDRAM DDR memory with DDR2 mobo?

"Conor" wrote in message
In article , Frank McCoy
says...
In...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 18th 07, 08:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By WooHoo2You
Cheap full-time "downloader"

"John Doe" wrote in message
There is no need for modern performance levels to do P2P
filesharing, it would be...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 18th 07, 08:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By WooHoo2You
Cheap full-time "downloader"

"Icky Thwacket" wrote in message
I use an old laptop which has a bust LCD screen. I connect to it over my
network via VNC...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 17th 07, 05:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By WooHoo2You
Cheap full-time "downloader"

"John Doe" wrote in message
If this post appears twice, blame crappy ass TeraNews. They offer
unlimited...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 16th 07, 07:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By WooHoo2You
Cheap full-time "downloader"

"Icky Thwacket" wrote in message
If you have an old disused laptop - use that - or secondhand low spec ones
can be...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 16th 07, 07:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By WooHoo2You
Cheap full-time "downloader"

"Frank McCoy" wrote in message
For *that* use, I'd buy a cheap "package" computer, like one of those
complete systems...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 16th 07, 05:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By WooHoo2You
Cheap full-time "downloader"

What is the cheapest way to go about getting a PC used for only downloading
from
BitComet/Limewire/large demos/patches etc? Build or buy?

I have never gone this route before, and would like...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 16th 07, 04:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By WooHoo2You
Cheap full-time "downloader"

What is the cheapest way to go about getting a PC used for downloading from
BitComet/Limewire/large demos/patches etc? Build or buy?

I have never gone this route before, and would like something...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 15th 07, 05:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By WooHoo2You
Cheap full-time "downloader"

What is the cheapest way to go about getting a PC used for downloading from
BitComet/Limewire/large demos/patches etc? Build or buy?

I have never gone this route before, and would like something...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 15th 07, 06:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By WooHoo2You
comp

"John Doe" wrote in message

The group you are posting to is a Usenet...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 12th 07, 05:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By WooHoo2You
logitech G7 cordless mouse causes problems

"jennifer" wrote in message
No. There is no metal to speak of around it.

Have you tried to move the receiver to a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 11th 07, 05:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By WooHoo2You
for post of computer assembling and software installation

"Jeff" wrote in message
"WooHoo2You" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 11th 07, 07:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By WooHoo2You
for post of computer assembling and software installation

wrote in message
i have completed my computer assembling and troubleshooting course in
jetking with a grade and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 8th 07, 06:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By WooHoo2You
Can Anyone Recommend a Good PC Builder?

"Frank McCoy" wrote in message
The local Computer Renaissance also seems to do a fair job of building
systems to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 87