Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David Brown[_4_]
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 26th 16, 06:36 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By David Brown[_4_]
"automotive grade" hard drives

On 26/03/16 15:56, wrote:
On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 19:50:28 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

We have specialty AV, NAS drives et cetera. I see Toshiba has automotive
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 20th 16, 01:31 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By David Brown[_4_]
Best software to securely erase USB flash drives these days?

On 19/02/16 13:21, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 2/19/2016 4:59 AM, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:

dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sdh

That would be secure enough to keep me happy. If you want more...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 18th 16, 09:31 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By David Brown[_4_]
Best software to securely erase USB flash drives these days?

On 18/02/16 12:29, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 2/18/2016 4:43 AM, Lynn McGuire wrote:

A two pound hammer works nicely.

What if you wanna sell it in 2nd-hand market? Could you offer...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 17th 16, 10:35 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By David Brown[_4_]
Best software to securely erase USB flash drives these days?

On 17/02/16 21:57, Ant wrote:
What are you guys using to securely erase USB flash drives these days? I
don't want to physically destroy them, but give them to others to reuse.

Thank...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 17th 16, 08:37 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By David Brown[_4_]
Best software to securely erase USB flash drives these days?

On 17/02/16 07:55, Ant wrote:
Hello.

What are you guys using to securely erase USB flash drives these days? I
don't want to physically destroy them, but give them to others to reuse.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 12th 16, 11:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,comp.arch,comp.lang.c,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 25
Posted By David Brown[_4_]
Intel's Skylake Prime Number Bug.

On 12/01/16 11:21, Richard Heathfield wrote:
On 12/01/16 10:06, David Brown wrote:
One of the driving forces of "RISC" compared to older "CISC" designs was
to get rid of microcode.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 12th 16, 11:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,comp.arch,comp.lang.c,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 25
Posted By David Brown[_4_]
Intel's Skylake Prime Number Bug.

On 11/01/16 20:12, John Larkin wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 13:42:57 -0500, Jerry Stuckle

Nowadays processors (from micro to mainframe) are run by microcode.

Not all. Some RISC machines are...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 14th 14, 02:58 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 33
Posted By David Brown[_4_]
Is 2.5 inch disk drive suitable for desktop?

On 14/09/14 15:16, kathy wrote:
Can I pick your brains about a hard drive upgrade.

I have an old desktop PC with a 250 MB hard drive. I would like to
increase the storage capacity and think...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 13th 14, 08:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.math,comp.arch,comp.graphics.algorithms
Replies: 6
Posted By David Brown[_4_]
Time for some Iris Analyse (The Human Eye Iris Decode Project!) (The Iris Code)

Well, good luck on that!

(And forget the "iris analyse" - it's just modern phrenology.)

On 13/06/14 09:44, Skybuck Flying wrote:
The last few days... I have been improving my life in that...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 12th 14, 12:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.math,comp.arch,comp.graphics.algorithms
Replies: 6
Posted By David Brown[_4_]
Time for some Iris Analyse (The Human Eye Iris Decode Project!) (The Iris Code)

It sounds like you don't get out enough - and certainly not to places
where you can meet people of the opposite sex. Take a break from your
lonely keyboard, and go find a bar. Once you have found a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 14th 14, 07:42 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By David Brown[_4_]
Looking for Software RAID 1 for Windows 7

On 12/02/14 00:06, W wrote:
Are there any good vendors that make a software RAID 1 package for Windows
7? What I would like to do is essentially the same capability I get with
"Dynamic"...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 16th 13, 10:02 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 24
Posted By David Brown[_4_]
How good is Windows 7 mirror raid?

On 16/12/13 06:10, cjt wrote:
On 12/15/2013 04:43 PM, Arno wrote:
miso wrote:
On 12/14/2013 9:59 AM, Arno wrote:
Ian R wrote:
Hi...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 15th 13, 10:42 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 24
Posted By David Brown[_4_]
How good is Windows 7 mirror raid?

On 12/12/13 03:37, miso wrote:
On 12/11/2013 4:57 AM, Ian R wrote:
Hi Guys

Do any of you have experience of using Windows 7 RAID 1.

I'm looking at using it for my data only (Docs,...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13