Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Torfinn Ingolfsen
Forum: Acer Computers January 5th 08, 05:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 4
Posted By Torfinn Ingolfsen
Aspire 5320

AlphaOmega wrote:
What the hell is Ubuntu?

You asked for it: Ubuntu[1] is a Linux distribution.

Why don't people like the nice Microsoft products?

For two reasons at least:
1) they cost...
Forum: Dell Computers February 23rd 07, 05:02 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Torfinn Ingolfsen
Dell Inspiron 8100 - more than 512 MB RAM possible?

I have an old Inspiron 8100, which I like very much, mainly because of
the display (1600x1200).
It is running the A15 version of BIOS, which I believe is the newest.
The machine has two SODIMM...
Forum: Acer Computers February 17th 07, 12:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 2
Posted By Torfinn Ingolfsen
Acer BIOS Update Failures

redbrickhat wrote:
Now according to the Acer support site, I am supposed to upgrade the
BIOS using "update /f per_p_01.pdb". Then for the Stepping Code Update
I am supposed to run "checkup5 - p...
Forum: Acer Computers November 20th 06, 06:04 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 0
Posted By Torfinn Ingolfsen
Instructuions for changing mini-PCIe card in Aspire 5672 laptop?

Hello,

Does anybody know where I can find a service manual for the Acer Aspire
5672 laptop?
Or instructions for replacing / changing the internal wlan card (mini
PCIe aka mini PCI Express...
Forum: Acer Computers October 1st 06, 08:18 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 0
Posted By Torfinn Ingolfsen
Acer Aspire 5672 and boot from USB hard drive?

Hi,
Has anybody sucessfully booted from an external (usb) hard drive with
this laptop?

The internal hard drive is working properly, no problems there.
For testing purposes, I would like to have an...
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5