Replies: 35
Posted By Bob I
Backing up (applications and settings) an Android tablet?

On 4/28/2014 1:24 PM, Gene E. Bloch wrote:
On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 00:38:43 -0400, Nil wrote:

On 27 Apr 2014, John Doe wrote in
alt.windows7.general:

Instead,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 2nd 12, 02:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 110
Posted By Bob I
Bit of a historical question: MS-DOS

On 6/1/2012 11:11 PM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 01/06/2012 4:57 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
From: "Yousuf

I've been trying to remember this, and I honestly...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 24th 12, 12:14 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 92
Posted By Bob I
Migrating to an SSD

You will see a LOT of opinions, some good, some not so. For my
installation, I decided on the drive, and then followed the
manufacturers recommendations for installation, setup and configuration....
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 16th 11, 11:43 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob I
Windows 7 disk queue length?

On 3/15/2011 22:10, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 15/03/2011 7:55 PM, Bob I wrote:
Turned out it was the anti-virus doing this to my system. Replaced AVG
with Avira, and problem is basically...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 15th 11, 11:55 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob I
Windows 7 disk queue length?

On 3/15/2011 08:35, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 12/03/2011 8:18 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
Yousuf Khan wrote:

I'm trying to investigate the source of some poor performance from my
boot drive. I...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 26th 10, 12:37 AM Posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 53
Posted By Bob I
User accounts have gone missing!

On 8/21/2010 5:48 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
Tom Del Rosso wrote
Bob I wrote

The password and account ARE secure, you won't be accessing the
account's encrypted...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 21st 10, 01:25 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 53
Posted By Bob I
User accounts have gone missing!

On 8/20/2010 6:05 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
Parko wrote:
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 20:21:19 -0400, Tom Del Rosso wrote:

Parko wrote:

I've used this quite successfully in the past....
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 8th 10, 03:58 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 53
Posted By Bob I
User accounts have gone missing!

On 8/7/2010 7:21 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
Parko wrote:

I've used this quite successfully in the past. Fairly straightforward
to use.
http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

These things...
Forum: General August 7th 10, 02:33 AM Posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 17
Posted By Bob I
A limit on number of USB hubs in Windows 7?

On 8/5/2010 11:48 PM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 05/08/2010 10:09 PM, Al Dykes wrote:
Are they all powered hubs?

No, one of them was, and that was the one with the biggest problems. The
Forum: General February 2nd 10, 04:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 29
Posted By Bob I
IRQ conflict

Yousuf Khan wrote:

Bob I wrote:

You are still barking up the wrong tree. You have driver issues, NOT
"IRQ" problems. Windows only "assigns" IRQ numbers for legacy purposes.

Forum: General February 2nd 10, 01:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 29
Posted By Bob I
IRQ conflict

Yousuf Khan wrote:

Nate Edel wrote:

It's certainly something to try. By comparison, I've had Linux
installed on this same machine for nearly as long as I've had XP, and
it's not...
Forum: General January 28th 10, 01:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 29
Posted By Bob I
IRQ conflict

You don't have an IRQ conflict, you have a bad driver for the hardware
installed. NT uses Virtual IRQs for legacy support and the number of
items listed on a particular IRQ is immaterial.

Yousuf...
Forum: Dell Computers March 13th 09, 01:01 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob I
How to install Dell 2007wfp monitor driver

Display properties, Settings, Advanced, Monitor, Properties, Driver,
Update driver.

phuile wrote:
I downloaded the latest driver for the Dell 2007wfp monior. It came as
a zip file containing 3...
Forum: Dell Computers March 4th 08, 02:37 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob I
Extended usb printer cable/ where buy ?

Frank-FL wrote:

"James" no wrote in message ...

I need a usb printer cable, 18 ft. long. I have searched for a 20 ft...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 27th 08, 03:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 17
Posted By Bob I
Conversion to RAID 5

Better check your math! IF you have 500 gb drives AND you want 1.5 TB
total data storage you will need 4 drives for the array, not 3.

ritpg wrote:
I'm not exactly a newbie but I haven't written...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 16th 08, 01:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob I
Should I format my USB stick with NTFS or FAT32 if using onlywith Win ?

Use NTSF if you want, you would only have an issue with "other"
operating systems.

BTW the microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support group is for
discussion of issues involving Windows "Help...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 15th 08, 10:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob I
Drive not visible because of FAT32 instead of NTFS ?

Microsoft Downloads, TweakUI, UNhide drive letter.

Michael Hertz wrote:

All my partitions are NTFS formatted but a new USB stick is FAT32 formatted.
So the USB stick is not visible in...
Forum: Dell Computers November 6th 07, 06:03 PM Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.physics,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.strange.days
Replies: 121
Posted By Bob I
Holy Moly -- Residual Electricity????

Androcles wrote:

"Gerald Newton" wrote in message
On Nov 5, 12:27 pm, Lem ...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 13th 07, 04:30 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.os.linux.misc,microsoft.public.win2000.general
Replies: 26
Posted By Bob I
Can partitioning a disk reduce booting trouble?

No, only identifying and resolving the cause of the problem, will stop
the booting trouble.

wrote:

Please redirect me if I have stumbled on wrong Group.

Blue screen causes...
Forum: Compaq Computers November 6th 06, 01:55 PM Posted to microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 17
Posted By Bob I
Compaq Laptop won't boot to CD.

Failing harddrives don't "revive". If you have physical failure, and you
are attempting to install to it, you are wasting your time. They don't
heal.

Forum: General October 17th 06, 07:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 31
Posted By Bob I
it's firewire - no space. And it's an alternative to USB.

visions of effty wrote:

"Bob I" wrote in message

visions of effty wrote:

"Bob I" wrote in...
Forum: General October 17th 06, 01:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 31
Posted By Bob I
it's firewire - no space. And it's an alternative to USB.

visions of effty wrote:

"Bob I" wrote in message

visions of effty wrote:

wrote in...
Forum: General October 16th 06, 10:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 31
Posted By Bob I
it's firewire - no space. And it's an alternative to USB.

visions of effty wrote:
wrote in message

snip

Close call in performance, between Firewire and...
Forum: General October 2nd 06, 10:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob I
Hewlard Packard 4200+ CPU terribly slow at startup and turn-off

Certificate of Authenticity?

Ritter197 wrote:
I never heard the COA expression. What is it?

"pen" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers August 22nd 06, 02:17 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 56
Posted By Bob I
Question on license and activation code Reinstall

Ben Myers wrote:

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:25:53 -0700, Ron Martell wrote:
SNIP

College students wreak havoc on computers because they are allowed to
get away with...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25