Posted By Jamie Kahn Genet
Best format for USB flash drives nowadays?

Alan Browne wrote:

On 2015-10-11 11:50, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

On 2015-10-10 21:03, Ed...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 11th 15, 04:50 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 57

On 2015-10-09 20:14, Ed Light wrote:
On...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 10th 15, 03:26 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 57
Posted By Jamie Kahn Genet
Best format for USB flash drives nowadays?

Ed Light wrote:

On 10/9/2015 6:41 AM, Alan Browne wrote:

For interoperability it's best to use FAT32. I've never had any issue
with FAT32 at all in 20 years or so...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 9th 15, 05:31 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 57
Posted By Jamie Kahn Genet
Best format for USB flash drives nowadays?

Ed Light wrote:

I would never use FAT 32 as it falls apart from crashes in a way NTFS
usually doesn't. I would use NTFS.

But NTFS write support is patchy across OS X...
Forum: Printers January 3rd 10, 12:44 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.mac.misc
Replies: 125
Posted By Jamie Kahn Genet
Simplest and most reliable printer for an iMac?

Jolly Roger wrote:

In article ,
(Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote:

John Brock...
Forum: Printers January 2nd 10, 06:09 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.mac.misc
Replies: 125
Posted By Jamie Kahn Genet
Simplest and most reliable printer for an iMac?

John Brock wrote:

My siblings and I bought our 80-some year old mother a new iMac
for Christmas, and her Epson Stylus Color 740 -- unsupported by
Snow Leopard -- is now...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7