Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: richard
Forum: Storage & Hardrives April 10th 08, 03:18 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By richard
Recovering data from LaCie array?

I have a Lacie big fisk extreme - 1TB. Inside are 2 x 500G IDE drives.
Does the LAcie controller board set these up as RAID0? The unit stopped
working when I pulled the plug on it without first...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives February 18th 07, 03:13 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By richard
Failure of external HDD's - why doesn't any manufacturer wakeup to this?

In article ,

Thanks for that info Bill. OK since the Maxtor external drive I have on my
home PC is out of warranty I just opened it up....
Forum: Storage & Hardrives February 17th 07, 02:38 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By richard
Failure of external HDD's - why doesn't any manufacturer wakeup to this?

In article ,
opined thusly:

Unless the internal air flow misses the drives, you can get a pretty
good idea of...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives February 16th 07, 02:31 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By richard
Failure of external HDD's - why doesn't any manufacturer wake up to this?

A couple of years ago I bought 4 external HDD's, Maxtors, to increase
storage capacity on some machines (and offer portability) in my business.
After 2 failed in short order I returned the other 2...
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4