Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.44 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: PH
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 24th 07, 12:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By PH
Ati TV Tuner card

Simon

I put the old card back in that same pci slot and there are no more
problems. Is there another easier way of testing pci slots?

You never know, and it's an easy test to try :)
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 22nd 07, 08:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By PH
Ati TV Tuner card

1932
Other than uninstalling the program from the add/remove window how else can
I remove the drivers?

"1932" wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 22nd 07, 08:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By PH
Ati TV Tuner card

I was thinking of doing the same thing you suggest, using another PCI slot.
The PC does boot up without it. Could that PCI slot be bad?

"Simon" wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 22nd 07, 02:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By PH
Ati TV Tuner card

I removed the old card first then unistalled the program from the add remove
in the Control Panel. Next I installed the new card and then the new
drivers. Maybe I didn't follow the right procedure....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 22nd 07, 02:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By PH
Ati TV Tuner card

I replaced an older tv tuner card with the pro version in the same PCI slot.
Now the PC dosen't boot half of the time. The PC would hang right after the
power button was pushed with the power and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 21st 07, 05:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By PH
PSU up or down?

" An inch isn't enough. Point the fan downward.

What maybe more important is the position of the heatsink in the PSU and
that it's getting the correct cooling so it's components don't overheat. I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 21st 07, 03:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By PH
PSU up or down?

The case is large, no brand name but there is an inch above the PSU and
vents on the sides at the top so I thought with the fan facing up that the
air would vent through the top of the tower. Now...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 21st 07, 12:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By PH
PSU up or down?

I am replacing my PSU and forgot whether the internal fan on the PSU should
vent up or down. Mounting holes line up either way. Thanks
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 20th 07, 12:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By PH
Shut Down and Start Up Issues

"Dano" wrote in message
Sorry we are doing this on two posts, my bad.

What is your suggestion, take it in...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors January 17th 07, 08:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 7
Posted By PH
Barton 3000+

I was looking for the spd definition and now that you explained it my search
has ended.
I was experiencing a problem with the Aquarium Screen saver blinking a lot
when the ram setting was set to...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors January 17th 07, 02:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 7
Posted By PH
Barton 3000+

Thanks Paul
I was able to overclock the ram to 166 and it seems to run stable. I haven't
installed the 3000+ yet but do you suggest that when I do I should set the
ram frequency to auto or manually...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 17th 07, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 29
Posted By PH
Sluggish machine

I have noticed that having "Allow Indexing Service to index this disk for
fast file searching" enabled causes high CPU usage, found in properties of
your C: drive.
"w_tom" wrote in...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors January 17th 07, 01:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 7
Posted By PH
Barton 3000+

Chaintech 7njl6
"Paul" wrote in message ...
PH wrote:
Can anyone tell me if running PC2100 and a Barton 3000+ will cause any
conflicts or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 17th 07, 12:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By PH
PC turns itself off (follow up)

If any other receptacle on the same circuit has a loose connection either
being a loose neutral or hot lead when a vibration occurs could cause an
intermittent power outage. I've seen a slammed...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 16th 07, 11:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By PH
Dumbest Question Ever - Shut Down and Start Up Issue

How long after you used the new surge protector did the problem start again?
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 16th 07, 11:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By PH
PC turns itself off

First check where the strip plugs into the wall outlet. Move the plug side
to side to see if this causes the problem. If it does you have a loose
conductor on the receptacle. Turn off tthe breaker...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors January 16th 07, 10:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 7
Posted By PH
Barton 3000+

Can anyone tell me if running PC2100 and a Barton 3000+ will cause any
conflicts or problems? The MB supports both. I just bought the CPU and was
running a 1800+ without any problems. I was hoping...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 7th 07, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By PH
"no video" message

My mistake
"DaveW" wrote in message
This is an Nvidia Newsgroup. You own an ATI card. Do you see a
disconnect?

--...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 7th 07, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 0
Posted By PH
"no video" meessage

I was getting a "no video" message between the Windows XP loading window and
the Welcome screen with all the drivers from 9/2006 to present and although
not a big deal was a little annoying however...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 6th 07, 11:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By PH
"no video" message

I was getting a "no video" message between the Windows XP loading window and
the Welcome screen with all the drivers from 9/2006 to present and although
not a big deal was a little annoying however...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 6th 07, 12:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By PH
Radeon 9800 PRO

I benchmarked the 9800 Pro at close to three times the score I got with the
Geforce Ti 4200. Great card. Thanks for the help.

wrote in message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 3rd 07, 04:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By PH
Radeon 9800 PRO

I'm now using a Geforce ti 4200 128mb agp 4x video card. Would a Radeon 9800
PRO 8x be an improvement?
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 30th 06, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 14
Posted By PH
4X vs 8X AGP

Thanks for all your help. I was deciding to buy a 8X card since my board
supports it but if there isn't a noticeable difference unless I get a higher
end card it wouldn't be worth it.Thanks...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors December 10th 06, 01:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 4
Posted By PH
Memory needed

I hope this is the right forum. I'm running an AMD 1800+ (no overclocking)
133mhz. Will PC3200 run at it's fastest speed even if the processor speed is
only 133mhz?
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24