Showing results 1 to 25 of 70
Search took 1.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Geoff[_6_]
Forum: Dell Computers February 28th 11, 11:09 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 24
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
W7--SP1

On 27/02/2011 20:49, MZB wrote:
Have any of you who have W7 installed SP1?

I am hesitant to do this (fear of something screwing up).

Please relay your experiences. How long did it take?

Forum: Dell Computers February 13th 11, 03:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
CD Drive Problem

On 09/02/2011 23:15, wrote:
I need a bit of advice. I have a 48X Mas CD-RW Drive (Sony CD-RW CRX216E) in my Dim 8300
and am having a problem getting it to open. I press the...
Forum: Dell Computers January 18th 11, 08:46 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 27
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
IE8 memory hog?

No, I'm not considering speed at all tho I have read over the years a
lot more complain about IE speeds than Firefox but to be fair, IE has
a larger market share than Firefox. However...
Forum: Dell Computers January 12th 11, 02:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 27
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
IE8 memory hog?

On 06/01/2011 19:26, Rasta Pickles wrote:
I've had this problem on my Studio XPS 7100 (Win 7, 64-bit) and now
tonight on my Inspiron 1750 (same OS).

Both pcs are unuseable at present, any...
Forum: Dell Computers November 26th 10, 11:06 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
Soundcard problem?

On 25/11/2010 20:07, J wrote:
My Dim 5100 has outputs on the front for headphones and mic. I wish to add a
soundcard (PCI) as I think it might be better than the onboard audio for
music. (Will...
Forum: Dell Computers November 18th 10, 02:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 17
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
OT- AVG Anti Virus

On 17/11/2010 03:41, powrwrap wrote:
I dumped AVG Free last December after it allowed two of my computers
to be infected. I ended up having to do a wipe and clean install of
Windows XP on one...
Forum: Dell Computers August 18th 10, 09:40 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
Infected computer

On 18/08/2010 00:54, wrote:

My daughter's old Latitude D520 has some persistent
malware on it. I am trying to talk her into doing
a clean install of XP Pro (the OS it...
Forum: Dell Computers August 5th 10, 01:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 45
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
Firefox Wow!

On 31/07/2010 22:43, Pat Conover wrote:
I finally got sick enough of IE8 to try Firefox and all I can say is WOW!
It's like driving a Ferrari compared to a Kia. You folks always recommended
Forum: Dell Computers June 9th 10, 08:54 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
64-bit question

On 08/06/2010 22:49, Daave wrote:
If I were to purchase a Dell Inspiron 537, preinstalled with Windows 7
Professional (64-bit), is there a compatibility setting that would allow
me to install...
Forum: Dell Computers May 21st 10, 08:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 20
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
Data recovery, existing raid 0 array on new motherboard

On 17/05/2010 05:34, E wrote:

I'm working on a Dell XPS-600 with a failed motherboard. The PC had two
160GB drives that I assume were set up in a RAID 0 configuration since
it was a gaming...
Forum: Dell Computers May 7th 10, 08:57 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
Dimension 8100 Power Supply Problem

On 30/04/2010 01:43, Pat Conover wrote:
Hi All,

I have an old Dimension 8100 that I used as a file server. The HD was new,
with a fresh install of XP Home SP3, connected to an UPS with...
Forum: Dell Computers March 25th 10, 09:33 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
64-bit IE on a Dell?

On 24/03/2010 17:27, Justin Credible wrote:
Got Win7 64-bit installed on my Inspiron and I have two different IE
entries in the Start/All Programs menu.

Bog standard IE and IE (64-bit).

Forum: Dell Computers March 2nd 10, 11:07 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
Recommended External Hard Drive?? - Thanks

On 02/03/2010 01:58, Sam wrote:
Many thanks to all of you for the excellent information! William, I
especially appreciate your comment "They are loading this so-called
SmartWare on them." So...
Forum: Dell Computers February 26th 10, 09:08 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 26
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
How to Check Out That New PC

On 18/02/2010 15:20, Daddy wrote:
Geoff wrote:

My fault for not being specific enough.

What I meant to ask was: Is there anything special to do to make sure
the hardware...
Forum: Dell Computers February 18th 10, 10:27 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 26
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
How to Check Out That New PC

My fault for not being specific enough.

What I meant to ask was: Is there anything special to do to make sure
the hardware works properly? I mean, besides just working with the
computer...
Forum: Dell Computers February 12th 10, 01:14 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 17
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
Large Drive Support Dimension 4550

On 11/02/2010 23:28, ChuckP wrote:
I have a Dell Dimension 4550 with an 80gb drive. I would like to
replace it with a larger drive (350GB). This will be a clean reinstall.

My recovery disk...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 7th 10, 10:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 19
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
Another reason for owning an air compressor.

On 31/12/2009 06:26, Cronos wrote:
Steve wrote:

Did you see the movie "The Abyss" where the hero has to breath oxygen
enriched liquid to survive diving at a very low ocean depth?

It...
Forum: Dell Computers December 9th 09, 01:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
New Dell Monitor

On 07/12/2009 02:53, Von Fourche wrote:
"Bob wrote in message

"Von wrote in...
Forum: Dell Computers December 3rd 09, 12:14 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
TV Tuner Card

On 02/12/2009 17:03, Jim wrote:
Our Dell Dimension 9200 came with a TV Tuner Card installed, but we can't
use it due to the aerial input signal not being strong enough, so I hooked
it up to a...
Forum: Dell Computers December 2nd 09, 02:43 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
AntiVirus

On 29/11/2009 17:08, Andy wrote:
I am thinking of going to Windows defender with my Dell 8200, winXP
SP3.
I now have AVG 8.5 and it will soon be not free. Do I need anything
more than Window...
Forum: Dell Computers November 12th 09, 06:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
Are todays monitors alot better than my 1998 Trinitron is...???

LEESA wrote:
I have a 1998 DELL Trinitron 17" CRT monitor.

yes
next question
Forum: Dell Computers September 22nd 09, 09:30 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 39
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
Those SMALL 10" screens.... A few questions.

LEESA wrote:
I have been using the same SONY TRINITRON 17" monitor for about ten
years or so. I do use reading glasses but for the most part... the
monitor still works great. Now... I...
Forum: Dell Computers September 18th 09, 08:59 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
Dead Hard Drive

galvo wrote:
Hi All,
My son has an old Dell 4600. Well about 7 years old. His hard drive
stopped booting. When he goes into the bios, his H.D. is not seen.
He has another hard drive...
Forum: Dell Computers August 19th 09, 01:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 69
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
OT-- do I really need to upgrade my IE 6.0??

MB_ wrote:
I have IE 6.x at home and IE 7.0 at work. I prefer IE to Firefox and I do
NOT want to use IE 8.0 at this time.

But I also prefer the look and feel of IE 6.x compared to 7.0.

Forum: Dell Computers July 29th 09, 12:46 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 35
Posted By Geoff[_6_]
Which CPU to buy?

Dori wrote:
Dan C wrote:

Also, it's "you're", you ignorant grade-school grammar dropout.

Who gives a **** you worthless troll?

just remember kids:
Showing results 1 to 25 of 70