Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MISS CHIEVOUS
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 3rd 07, 04:04 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 7
Posted By MISS CHIEVOUS
BACKUP & RECOVERY: Please share your strategies + software product(s) you prefer (MBR, NTLDR, PARTITIONS, DISK IMAGES etc.)

Iago wrote:
In that long message you never once mentioned what your backup
objectives are.

I don't know what part of this is ambiguous:

MY GOAL
I've been through so many reinstalls of my OS...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 3rd 07, 04:04 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Iago wrote:
In that long message you never once mentioned what your backup
objectives are.

I don't know what part of this is ambiguous:

MY GOAL
I've been through so many reinstalls of my OS...
Forum: Cdr November 3rd 07, 04:04 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 8

Iago wrote:
In that long message you never once mentioned what your backup
objectives are.

I don't know what part of this is ambiguous:

MY GOAL
I've been through so many reinstalls of my OS...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 1st 07, 08:29 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 7
Posted By MISS CHIEVOUS
BACKUP & RECOVERY: Please share your strategies + software product(s) you prefer (MBR, NTLDR, PARTITIONS, DISK IMAGES etc.)

Oops, my BAD! I of course meant

*11 NTSF-LOGICAL DRIVES Extended Partition (etc.)
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 1st 07, 08:29 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 7
Posted By MISS CHIEVOUS
BACKUP & RECOVERY: Please share your strategies + software product(s) you prefer (MBR, NTLDR, PARTITIONS, DISK IMAGES etc.)

Oops, my BAD! I of course meant

*11 NTSF-LOGICAL DRIVES Extended Partition (etc.)
Forum: Cdr November 1st 07, 08:29 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 8
Posted By MISS CHIEVOUS
BACKUP & RECOVERY: Please share your strategies + software product(s) you prefer (MBR, NTLDR, PARTITIONS, DISK IMAGES etc.)

Oops, my BAD! I of course meant

*11 NTSF-LOGICAL DRIVES Extended Partition (etc.)
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 1st 07, 08:24 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 7
Posted By MISS CHIEVOUS
BACKUP & RECOVERY: Please share your strategies + software product(s) you prefer (MBR, NTLDR, PARTITIONS, DISK IMAGES etc.)

Hey Guys,

This summer I purchased Symantec's PARTITION MAGIC 8.0 and GHOST 10.0
- in part to implement a backup strategy for use with two 500 GB PATA
drives I just came into. I've never before used...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 1st 07, 08:24 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 7
Posted By MISS CHIEVOUS
BACKUP & RECOVERY: Please share your strategies + software product(s) you prefer (MBR, NTLDR, PARTITIONS, DISK IMAGES etc.)

Hey Guys,

This summer I purchased Symantec's PARTITION MAGIC 8.0 and GHOST 10.0
- in part to implement a backup strategy for use with two 500 GB PATA
drives I just came into. I've never before used...
Forum: Cdr November 1st 07, 08:24 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 8
Posted By MISS CHIEVOUS
BACKUP & RECOVERY: Please share your strategies + software product(s) you prefer (MBR, NTLDR, PARTITIONS, DISK IMAGES etc.)

Hey Guys,

This summer I purchased Symantec's PARTITION MAGIC 8.0 and GHOST 10.0
- in part to implement a backup strategy for use with two 500 GB PATA
drives I just came into. I've never before used...
Forum: Ati Videocards October 26th 06, 07:41 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 35
Posted By MISS CHIEVOUS
Which ATI (or other? better?) card 1) has DVI and 2) will work with an OLDER AGP chip?

What should I make of Yousuf's post, here?

Yousuf Khan wrote:
Yeah, DVI doesn't improve your picture one iota. About the only
advantage I've seen from it is that with an lcd monitor, it allows...
Forum: Ati Videocards October 26th 06, 07:37 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 35
Posted By MISS CHIEVOUS
Which ATI (or other? better?) card 1) has DVI and 2) will work with an OLDER AGP chip?

Benjamin Gawert wrote:
Let me tell you something: I have a Dell 2005FPW (20" widescreen) and
also had the 2405FPW for some time. I have several computers with gfx
cards ranging from a cheap old...
Forum: Ati Videocards October 26th 06, 04:55 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 35
Posted By MISS CHIEVOUS
Which ATI (or other? better?) card 1) has DVI and 2) will work with an OLDER AGP chip?

Oh wait, I need to clarify one other factor:

5. IT IS UNNECESSARY FOR ME TO HAVE A DVI PORT ON MY VIDEO CARD:
With earlier monitors this may have...
Forum: Ati Videocards October 26th 06, 04:38 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 35
Posted By MISS CHIEVOUS
Which ATI (or other? better?) card 1) has DVI and 2) will work with an OLDER AGP chip?

Benjamin Gawert wrote:
~~~~~CAPPED and edited for Quick Reference + Summary~~~~~
If I remember right the 2407FPW doesn't have a TWISTING SENSOR
which means the computer can't know if you have...
Forum: Ati Videocards October 25th 06, 05:20 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 35
Posted By MISS CHIEVOUS
Which ATI (or other? better?) card 1) has DVI and 2) will work with an OLDER AGP chip?

Benjamin & Frodo . . . you guys are JUST THE GREATEST!! Honestly, I
can't thank you enough for this intelligence! --and it will be an
excellent resource for anyone else who faces this issue.

I'd...
Forum: Ati Videocards October 24th 06, 05:02 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 35
Posted By MISS CHIEVOUS
Which ATI (or other? better?) card 1) has DVI and 2) will work with an OLDER AGP chip?

Benjamin Gawert wrote:
(so much I can't list it!)

Benjamin, how can I thank you enough for this __incredible__ DETAIL?!?
:D

OMG there is so much data here I'm going to print the thread out...
Forum: Ati Videocards October 21st 06, 05:55 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 35
Posted By MISS CHIEVOUS
Which ATI (or other? better?) card 1) has DVI and 2) will work with an OLDER AGP chip?

Frodo wrote:
Something a little older (and cheaper) would be a Matrox G550 32MB card.
Pay something like $25-$40 on EBay
The G550 should work on 99% of all AGP motherboards ever made.
Matrox...
Forum: Ati Videocards October 20th 06, 08:04 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 35
Posted By MISS CHIEVOUS
Which ATI (or other? better?) card 1) has DVI and 2) will work with an OLDER AGP chip?

I have a PIII 1000 and am seriously considering a DELL 2407WFP LCD 24"
Widescreen Monitor for its PIVOT feature (and price). In case anyone
doesn't know what a PIVOT feature is, it is the ability to...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17